Bài tập nâng cao tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 3 Teen Stress And Pressure
Nối tiếp chuyên đề ôn tập nâng cao tiếng Anh 9 sách mới, bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 3: Teen Stress And Pressure dưới đây được biên tập bám sát chương trình học tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới của bộ GD&ĐT giúp các em học sinh củng cố kiến thức trọng tâm Unit 3 hiệu quả.
* Xem lại lý thuyết tiếng Anh Unit 3 tại:
Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 3: Teen Stress And Pressure
Nằm trong bộ đề bài tập tiếng Anh 9 mới theo Unit, Đề ôn tập tiếng Anh Unit 3 có đáp án được biên tập dưới nhiều hình thức trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 9 khác nhau giúp các em học sinh cải thiện kỹ năng làm bài hiệu quả.
I. Choose a word in each line that has different stress pattern
|1. A. Medicine||B. Graduate||C. Confident||D. Encourage|
|2. A. Expect||B. Depress||C. Manage||D. Assure|
|3. A. Cognitive||B. Abandon||C. Emotion||D. Important|
|4. A. Disappointed||B. Preparation||C. Adolescence||D. Communicate|
|5. A. Pressure||B. Convince||C. Friendship||D. Guidance|
II. Complete the sentences with the words from the box. Use each word once only.
angry; bored; confident; confused; delighted
disappointed; embarrassed; frustrated; tired; worried
1. I feel so______ . I don’t have anything to do.
2. Jane is_______ because she doesn’t know if she got an F or an A in her test.
3. I feel so_______ because I’ve worked all night.
4. The headmaster was very _______ with Tom because of his bad behaviour at school.
5. Peter was __________ when he heard his song on the radio.
6. Mum is_______ because my sister hasn’t come home yet.
7. Phong is _________ that he will pass the examination.
8. Nick felt __________ when he was treated in front of some girls.
9. The students felt __________ because they couldn’t go camping.
10. Bob looks depressed and_______. He’s constantly sighing and complaining.
III. Give the correct form of the word in CAPITALS to complete each of the following sentences.
1. I think Tom and Mary have known each other since their_____. (CHILD)
2. My brother feels _______ when he’s playing the guitar. (RELAX)
3. Lan was upset because her parents _______ her. (UNDERSTAND)
4. I often suffer from______ during the wintertime. (DEPRESS)
5. Everything was _______ to me when I visited Gold Coast for the first time.(EXCITE)
6. When you grow up, you’ll feel you want more _______ and responsibility. (DEPEND)
7. We all ________ with you when we heard that you failed the driving test again. (SYMPATHY)
8. Nga’s dream is to be a ________ , but her parents want her to be a medical doctor.(MUSIC)
9. Between 11 and 13 years of age, the adolescent’s brain experiences rapid________ of nerve cells.(GROW)
10. I feel really tired after spending a ________ night studying for the exam. (SLEEP)
IV. Rewrite the following sentences using questions words + to-infinitives.
1. We don’t know where we should put the sofa.
2. The rules didn’t specify who I should speak to in case of an emergency.
3. Mai wondered how she could ride the scooter.
4. Let us decide when we should start the project.
5. Could you tell me where I can find a good hotel?
6. We must find out what we are to do next.
7. A good dictionary tells you how you should pronounce the words.
8. We are not sure who we will meet at the entrance.
9.I can’t remember when I have to turn off the oven.
10. Do you know what you should look for?
V. Turn the following statements into reported speech.
1. “Who do you talk to when you have problems?” Mary asked me.
2. “I’ll help my mum cook dinner tonight”, said Hoa.
3. “Tell your teacher what happened,” Jack advised me.
4. “My best friend hasn’t called me for one week”, said Nam.
5. “Are you at the sports centre now?” Lucia’s mother asked her.
6. “What time did you come home last night, Mark?” said Tom.
7. “Don’t go to the park when it gets dark,” said Mrs. Brown.
8. “We spoke to your parents yesterday,” said Mr. Quang to Trung.
9. “Can I meet you at 4.30 tomorrow afternoon?” Minh asked Phuong.
10. “I’m staying with my aunt and uncle in the suburbs”, said Nga.
VI. Fill each blank with a suitable word to complete the following passage.
Teenagers today live in a very competitive world. It is (1) ______ important than ever to succeed at school if you hope to (2) _______ a chance in the job market afterwards. It’s no wonder that many young people worry (3) _______ letting down their parents, their peers and themselves. To try to please everyone, they take on too (4) ________ tasks until it becomes harder and harder to balance homework assignments, parties, sports activities and friends. The result is that young people (5) ________ from stress.
There are different ways of dealing with stress. Everyone knows that caffeine, in the (6) ________ of coffee or soft drinks, keeps you awake and alert. But caffeine is a drug which (7) _________ become addictive. In the end, like other drugs, caffeine only leads to more stress. There are better (8) ________ to deal with stress: physical exercise is a good release for stress, (9) _____ it increases certain chemicals in the brain which calm you down. You have to get enough sleep to (10)______ stress and to stay healthy and full of energy.
Còn tiếp ...
Trên đây là Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh Unit 3 lớp 9 chương trình mới kèm đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập tiếng Anh 9 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 9, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9, Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.