Bài tập Unit 10 lớp 11 Healthy lifestyle and Longevity
Bài tập tiếng Anh 11 Unit 10 Healthy lifestyle and Longevity có đáp án
Bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 10 lớp 11 Healthy lifestyle and Longevity có đáp án nằm trọng bộ bài tập tiếng Anh 11 theo từng Unit do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra Unit 10 Healthy lifestyle and Longevity có đáp án đươc biên tập bám sát nội dung SGK tiếng Anh lớp 11 giúp các em ôn tập Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm hiệu quả.
Choose the best one (A, B, C or D) to complete the sentence or replace the underlined word.
1. Ha Long Bay is one of the most ____ UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Vietnam.
2. So far, global warming and its effects ____ the health of older people and children.
A. has threaten
B. had been threatening
C. are threatening
D. have been threatening
3. The reduction of the protective ozone layer ____ many more cases of skin cancer.
C. has caused
D. is caused
4. Hue Imperial Citadel is the home of Vietnam's last royal dynasty ____ our country from 1802 to 1945.
A. to ruled
B. being ruled
C. to rule
5. A cable car system gives poor slum ____ better access to jobs.
6. Helsinki is a model for the future of ____ smart growth.
7. A nation with a strong ____ would be successful in creating numerous smart cities.
8. The student failed to meet the necessary ____ for admission to the course.
9. He got an excellent grade in his examination ____ the fact that he had not worked particularly hard.
A. on account of
B. because of
C. in spite of
10. Despite playing under strength, the village team ____ beat the rivals.
B. were able to
D. weren't able to
Use the word given in capitals at the end of each line to form the word that fits in the gap in the same line.
1. In the United States, if a food contains less than 0.5 grams of fat in a _________, it can be labeled fat-free. (SERVE)
2. Try to avoid glaring on your computer from windows and lights, and use an anti-acne screen if ___________. (NEED)
3. It's all about their diet and ___________ that people in the Longevity Hot Spots have already found the secrets of the anti-ageing process. (LIFE)
4. Men should drink no more than four units in any one day and have at _____________ two alcohol-free days a week. (LESS)
5. Studies have shown that our overuse of ________ ingredients has helped to create new resistant bacteria. (BACTERIAL)
Change the following sentences to Indirect speech.
1. Mark said, "I went camping 5 days ago."
2. "If Brain doesn't train harder, I won't select him for the team" said the manager.
The manager ____________________________________________
3. "Our correspondent in Paris sent this report some days ago" said the editor in-chief.
The editor in-chief ____________________________________________
4. "How long have you been waiting here?" the girl asked me.
The girl ____________________________________________
5. "Do not write on the wall" said the teacher to the boys.
The teacher ____________________________________________
6. “Take your place in the queue" the nurse said to the old man.
The nurse ____________________________________________
7. "How many jobs have you had since you left school?" the interviewer asked Jack.
The interviewer ____________________________________________
8. "Why didn't you report the incident to the police last week?" the officer asked the frightened witness.
The officer ____________________________________________
9. "Why hasn't Peter phoned?" she wondered.
10. "If I were you, I wouldn't trust Peter" she told John.
Read a text about common wedding rituals in the USA and answer the questions that follow.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very thin needles through the patient's skin at specific points on the body, and the needles are inserted to various depths. The medical community is not in conclusive agreement about how acupuncture works scientifically. However, we know that it does have some therapeutic benefits, including pain relief.
According to WHO, acupuncture is effective for treating 28 conditions, while evidence indicates it may have an effective therapeutic value for many more. People with tension, headaches or migraines may find acupuncture to be very effective in alleviating their symptoms. Another study found that twice weekly acupuncture treatments relieve debilitating symptoms of zerostomia - severe dry mouth - among patients treated with head and neck cancer.
Traditional Chinese medicine explains that health is the result of a harmonious balance of the complementary extremes of yin and yang of the life force known as chi or qi. Qi is said to flow through pathways in the human body. Through 350 acupuncture points in the body, these pathways and energy flows may be accessed. Illness is said to be the consequence of an imbalance of the forces. If needles are inserted into these points with appropriate combinations, it is said that the energy flow can be brought back into proper balance.
In Western societies and several other parts of the world, acupuncture is explained, including concepts of neuroscience. Acupuncture points are seen by Western practitioners as places where nerves, muscles and connective tissue can be stimulated. Acupuncture practitioners say that the stimulation increases blood flow while at the same time triggering the activity of our own body's natural painkillers.
1. The word “triggering” in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to ____.
A. making something happen suddenly
B. making something develop very quickly
C. causing a device to start operating
D. causing something to explore
2. With the practice of acupuncture, it is believed that ____.
A. patients can get proper balance between yin and yang
B. illness causes the imbalance of qi throughout the body
C. the energy flow can be brought back to patients
D. energy can go through acupuncture points in the body
3. It is thought that acupuncture is effective in treating all of the following symptoms EXCEPT ____.
4. According to Western medicine, the insertion of needles through acupuncture points in the body may ____.
A. help to explain where nerves and muscles can be stimulated
B. increase blood flow and stimulate our instinct of pain relief
C. stimulate the effect of painkillers in our bodies for treatment
D. be used only in China and the Far East not the Western countries
5. In acupuncture, the insertion of the very thin needles involve with ____.
A. agreement from scientists
B. the locations, and the depths
C. the thinness of needles and skin
D. therapeutic benefits of pain relief
Download Đề thi & Đáp án tại: Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh 11 Unit 10 Healthy lifestyle and longevity có đáp án. Mời thầy cô tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Để chuẩn bị tốt cho năm học 2020 - 2021 sắp tới, mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu học tập lớp 11 để tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu các môn học khác nhau.