Đề thi giữa kì 1 lớp 11 môn tiếng Anh năm 2020
Đề kiểm tra giữa học kì 1 môn tiếng Anh 11
Đề luyện thi môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 giữa học kỳ 1 có đáp án nằm trong bộ đề ôn thi giữa kì 1 lớp 11 năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh khác nhau giúp các em học sinh rèn luyện kỹ năng làm bài hiệu quả.
* Xem thêm bộ đề thi giữa kì 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 CÓ ĐÁP ÁN tại:
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
|1. A. question||B. mutual||C. situation||D. action|
|2. A. honest||B. honour||C. honey||D. ghost|
|3. A. rumour||B. humour||C. mutual||D. duty|
II. Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
|4. A. understanding||B. anniversary||C. experience||D. celebration|
|5. A. invite||B. intimate||C. divorce||D. imagine|
III. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. He seemed ________ a friendship to Joe.
B. being begun
C. to be begun
D. to have begun
7. ________ happened, I didn't want to lose Sarah's friendship.
8. He had a portrait ________ as a birthday present for his daughter.
D. to be painted
9. We ________ friends even after we grew up and left home.
C. struck up
10. At first I found it difficult ________ on the other side of the road.
A. to get used to drive
B. to get used to driving
C. being used to drive
D. in getting used to driving
11. The factory is said ________ in a fire two years ago.
A. being destroyed
B. to have been destroyed
C. to destroy
D. to have destroyed
12. The party starts at 8 o'clock so I'll ________ at 7.45.
A. look for you
B. pick you up
C. bring you along
D. take you out
13. She wants to look ________ in her wedding reception.
14. When will you have the dress made?' 'I expect ________ by Friday.
A. to finish
C. to be finished
D. being finished
15. A selfish person is incapable ________ true friendship.
16. ________ it was a formal dinner party, James wore his blue jeans.
B. Even though
D. Only if
17. No sooner ________ the phone rang.
A. had they arrived home that
B. they had arrived home than
C. did they arrive home that
D. had they arrived home than
18. A number of Vietnamese ________ to that city recently.
B. has moved
C. have moved
D. was moved
19. I'm really ________ to the party. All my old friends will be there.
B. looking forward
C. thinking about
20. Mr. Lee was upset by ________ him the truth.
A. our not having told
B. us not tell
C. we didn't tell
D. not to tell
21. Jean has a very easy-going ________, which is why she is so popular.
22. The examiner made us ________ our identification in order to be admitted to the test center.
C. to show
23. As we entered the room, we saw a rat ________ towards a hole in the skirting board.
B. to scamper
D. was scampering
24. I remember ________ to Paris when I was a very small child.
A. to be taken
B. to take
C. being taken
25. It was difficult to ________ a date which was convenient for everyone.
IV. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
26. If one is invited out (A) to a dinner, it is perfect (B) proper to go (C) either with or (D) without a gift.
27. His teacher encouraged (A) him taking (B) part in the international (C) piano competition (D).
28. Jane has not rarely (A) missed a party (B) since (C) she was (D) fifteen years old.
29. Tina is always understanding (A), patient, and sensitive (B) when helping (C) her friends to their (D) problems
30. So far this term, the students in writing class have learned (A) how to write (B) hesis statements, organize (C) their material, and summarizing (D) their conclusion.
V. Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
More and more young people are... (31)... voluntary work abroad. The wild variety of jobs and destinations available is making it an increasingly attractive option for those who have just left school and have a year free before university. Many choose to spend these twelve months working in poor countries. There they will earn little... (32)... no money. But they will be doing something useful – and enjoying the experience.
The work may... (33)... of helping the local communities, for example by helping to build new road or provide water supplies to isolated rural villages. Other projects may concentrate more on conservation or environmental protection.... (34)... kind of job it is, it is certain to be challenging and worthwhile, and an experience that will never be forgotten.
|31. A. doing||B. making||C. taking||D. getting|
|32. A. with||B. but||C. or||D. and|
|33. A. consist||B. include||C. contain||D. involve|
|34. A. any||B. what||C. however||D. whatever|
VI. Read the passage and answer the questions, then choose the correct answer
If you are invited to an American friend’s home for dinner, remember these general rules for polite behavior. First of all, arrive approximately on time but not early. Americans expect promptness. It will be right to be 10 or 15 minutes late, but not 45 minutes late. When you are invited to someone’s home for meal, it is polite to bring a small gift. Flowers and candy are always appreciated. If you have something attractive made in your country, your host or hostess will certainly enjoy receiving that gift. What will you do if you are served some food that you cannot eat or you do not like? Do not make a fuss about it. Simply eat what you can and hope that no one notices it. Be sure to compliment the cook on the food that you are enjoying. Do not leave immediately after dinner, but do not overstay your welcome, either. The next day, call or write a thank-you note to say how much you enjoyed the evening.
35. Which sentence is not true?
A. You should not compliment the cook on the food.
B. You should not leave immediately after the dinner.
C. You should not make someone notice that you do not like the food.
D. You should not overstay.
36. If you are invited to an American’s home, __________________
A. you should be late at least 45 minutes.
B. you should go late a bit.
C. politeness is not necessary.
D. punctuality is appreciated.
37. If there is some food that you cannot eat, ________________
A. make a fuss about it.
B. ask the host to cook you another dish.
C. do not eat anything.
D. do not make a fuss about it.
38. The next day, ________________
A. remember to thank the host for the dinner
B. say nothing to the host
C. you needn’t say thank-you
D. invite the host to your house
39. When you come to someone’s house for dinner, ________________
A. bring some flowers, candy or something made in your native country.
B. bring a lot of gifts.
C. you should never offer any gifts.
D. do not care about gifts.
VII. Choose the answer (A, B, C or D) that is nearest in meaning to the printed before it.
40. It's no use trying to make friends with him.
A. You should try to make friends with him.
B. I find it difficult to make friends with him.
C. There's no point in trying to make a friendship with him.
D. Making a friendship with him is worthless.
41. As soon as he arrived at the airport, he called home.
A. No sooner had he arrived at the airport than he called home.
B. He arrived at the airport sooner than he had expected.
C. Calling home, he said that he had arrived the airport.
D. Immediately after he called home, he arrived the airport.
42. We had our house decorated to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
A. We had to decorate our house.
B. We had someone decorate our house.
C. Our house needs to be decorated.
D. We helped my father decorate our house.
VIII. Choose the best sentence (A, B, C, or D) made from the given cues.
43. Thank/ invitation/ silver anniversary/ beginning/ September//
A. Thank you for your invitation to your silver anniversary at the beginning of September.
B. Thanks for your invitation of the silver anniversary at the beginning of September.
C. Thank you for your invitation to your silver anniversary in the beginning of September.
D. Thank you for your invitation to your silver anniversary at the beginning in September.
44. When! I arrive/ lecture/ already start/ professor/ write/ overhead projector//
A. When I arrived the lecture already started and the professor wrote the overhead projector.
B. When I arrived lecture had already started 'and professor wrote the overhead projector.
C. When I arrived the lecture had already started and the professor was writing on the overhead projector.
D. When I arrived the lecture had already started and the professor had writing on the overhead projector.
Đáp án có trong file tải: Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh giữa học kỳ 1 lớp 11. Mời thầy cô tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 11 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 11 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.