Tổng hợp Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 The Post Office có đáp án
Nhằm giúp quý thầy cô giáo có thêm tài liệu để giảng dạy, các em học sinh có thêm tài liệu hay để tham khảo, VnDoc.com đã sưu tầm và tổng hợp thành Bài tập trắc nghiệm và tự luận Tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9 The post office có đáp án. Các tài liệu trong bộ sưu tập này sẽ giúp các em học sinh nắm được từ vựng và ngữ pháp đã được học trong Unit 9 tiếng Anh lớp 11.
Bộ bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 9 lớp 11 The post office có đáp án
Bài tập tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9 The post office có đáp án - Đề số 1
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. facsimile B. transfer C. spacious D. fax
2. A. ready B. friend C. telephone D. speedy
3. A. subscribe B. facsimile C. pride D. provide
4. A. spacious B. courteous C. document D. technology
5. A. commune B. security C. punctuality D. distribute
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase, A, B, C, or D, that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. You can subscribe to your favorite newspapers and magazines...... the nearest post office..
A. in B. on C. from D. at
7. He is very capable...... learning and understanding things.
A. with B. of C. at D. about
8. Thanh Ba Post Office provides customers...... the Messenger Call Services.
A. with B. for C. of D. to
9. The post office offers the...... Mail Service which is particularly fast.
A. Secure B. Efficient C. Express D. Reliable
10. We are proud of our...... staff, who are always friendly and efficient.
A. well-done B. well-appointed
C. well-behaved D. well-trained
11. The hotel staff are always friendly and courteous.
A. efficient B. polite C. helpful D. perfect
12. There was no mention of the incident in the national press.
A. television B. newspapers C. Internet D. radio
13. I need to...... £1,000 to my daughter's account.
A. transfer B. transform C. transmit D. transact
14....... to the magazine can take advantage of this special offer.
A. Subscribe B. Subscription C. Subscribing D. Subscribers
15....... is someone who works from home on computer and communicates with their office by telephone, fax, or e-mail.
A. Telecomputer B. Telecommuter
C. Telephonist D. Telemarketer
B. Choose the word or phrase, A, B, C, or D, that best completes the sentence.
16. My mother...... enjoys hill walking.
A. who is in her seventies B. that is in her seventies
C. , which is in her seventies D. who is in her seventies
17. She's one of the kindest people.......
A. that I know B. whose I know
C. who I know D. which I know
18. Where is the house......?
A. where they are living B. which they are living
C. where they are living there D. where they are living in
19. She lives in the house.......
A. which has the red door B. has the red door
C. that with the red door D. with its red door
20. Mark Twain is an author...... I like best.
A. his books B. that books C. the book of whom D. whose books
21. The problem...... never occurreD.
A. I hadn't expected it B. that I had expected it
C. who I had expected D. I had expected
22. In 1850, Yale University established Sheffield Scientific School,.......
A. engineers were educated there B. where engineers were educated
C. in which were engineers educated D. where were engineers educated
23. It was the ragtime pianist Scott Joplin...... the Maple Leaf Rag, perhaps the best known of all ragtime tunes.
A. wrote B. the writer of C. who wrote D. writing
24. A keystone species is a species of plants and animals...... absence has a major effect on an ecological system.
A. that its B. its C. whose D. with its
25. William Samuel Johnson,...... helped write the Constitution, became the first president of Columbia College in 1787.
A. whom he had B. who had C. and he had D. had
A. Fill in each blank with one appropriate word from the box.
bills employees carry customer pay bank food
buys employer deposit system receives withdraw
ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER
In the future, machines will take the place of many bank tellers. A new (31)....... electronic funds transfer (EFT) allows the bank or the (32)....... to move money from one account to another. For example, a worker (33)...... her monthly paycheck, her salary. Her (34)....... , the company that she works for, can (35)....... her salary into her checking account directly. She does not have to go to the (36)........ Her bank can also pay her monthly (37)....... the telephone, the water, the gas, and the electricity. It will also be possible for her to pay for (38)....... at the supermarket by EFT. The supermarket will automatically (39)...... money from her account at the bank to pay for the food that she (40)........
Some employers already deposit their (41)....... checks in the bank directly. Maybe, in the future, people will not (42)....... money, and machines will (43)....... for everything.
B. Read the passage carefully, then decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F).
THE POSTAGE STAMP
Before the invention of the postage stamp, it was difficult- to send a letter to another country. The sender paid for the letter to travel in his or her own country. Then the person in other country paid for that part of the trip. If the letter crossed several coutries, the problem was worse.
Rowland Hill, a British teacher, had the idea of a postage stamp with glue on the back. The British post office made the first stamps in 1840. They were the Penny Black and the Twopence Blue. A person bought a stamp and put it on a letter. The post office delivered the letter. When people received letters, they didn't- have to pay anything. The letters were prepaid.
Postage stamps became popular in Great Britain immediately.
Other countries started making their own postage stamps very quickly.
There were still problems with -international mail. Some countries did
not want to accept letters with stamps from another country. Finally, in 1874 a German organized the Universal Postal System. Each country in the UPS agree to accept letters with prepaid postage from the other members. Today the offices of the UPS are in Switzerland, almost every country in the world is a member of this organization. It takes care of any international mail problems.
Today post offices in the every country sell beautiful stamps. Collecting stamps is one of the most popular hobbies in the world, and every stamp collector knows about the Penny Black and the Twopence Blue.
44. Before postage stamps, two people paid-for letters to travel in two countries.
45. A teacher invented the postage stamp.
46. The first two stamps were colored black and blue.
47. A stamp shows that the postage is prepaid.
48. Postage stamps solved all mail problems immediately.
49. Members of the UPS accept prepaid letters from other countries.
50. Stamp collecting is a popular hobby.
IV. WRITING. From the four words or pbrases (A, B, C, or D) choose the one that best completes the sentence.
51. After seeing a movie based on a novel,.........
A. the book was read by many people
B. the book made many people want to read it
C. many people want to read the book.
D. the reading of the book interests many people
52. Once known as the 'Golden State' because of its gold mines,....
A. North Carolina today mines few metallic minerals
B. few metallic minerals are mined in North Carolina today
C. there are few metallic minerals mined in North Carolina today
D. today in North Carolina few metallic minerals are mined
53..... are considered humorous is mainly to his characters' use of slang.
A. Damon Runyan's stories B. Damon Runyan's stories, which
C. That Damon Runyan's stories D. Because Damon Runyan's stories
54. In order to grow vegetables properly, gardeners must know.........
A. that the requirements for each vegetable
B. what the requirements for each vegetable are
C. what are each vegetable's requirements
D. that is required by each vegetable
55........., methane can be used as a fuel.
A. It is produced by the fermentation of organic matter
B. The fermentation of organic matter is produced
C. The production by the fermentation of organic matter
D. Produced by the fermentation of organic matter
Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9 The post office có đáp án - Đề số 2
Choose the word that has the main stress placed differently from the others.
1. A. technology B. competitive C. facsimile D. document
2. A. courteous B. subscribe C. service D. customer
3. A. transit B. transmit C. transact D. translate
4. A. capacity B. communal C. secure D. imagine
5. A. installation B. disadvantage C. dissatisfied D. disappointed
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence.
6. I suddenfy came..... a very valuable book when we was in the bookshop.
A. up B. into C. across D. down
7. Prices are going..... in a worry way.
A. up B. over C. away D. off
8. Does he tell you how he is getting..... his new colleagues?
A. on with B. on of C. away with D. out of
9. I'd like to send this parcel express. What's the..... on it?
A. cost B. price C. postage D. value
10. An extra copy of each document was supplied for onward..... to head office.
A. transmit B. transmitted C. transmitter D. transmission
11. We..... to several sports channels on television.
A. subscribe B. deliver C. offer D. notify
12. We offer a very..... rate for parcels of under 15 kg.
A. competing B. competent C. competitive D. competition
13. If you want to send a document and do not want to lose, its original shape, our..... service will help you.
A. express mail B. facsimile C. messenger call D. postal
14...... of all the staff, I would like to wish you a happy retirement.
A. On behalf B. In place C. Instead D. On account
15. '..... send this document to my office by fax?' 'Certainly.'
A. Would you like B. Would you mind C. Could you D. Why not
Bài tập tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9 The post office có đáp án - Đề số 3
* Xem chi tiết tại: Bài tập Unit 9 lớp 11 The Post Office có đáp án
I. Complete these sentences with the correct form of the words from the box.
compete - distribute - transmit - space post
courteous - transfer - subscribe - deliver - satisfy
1. All mail ________ were suspended during the strike.
2. It's only common ________ to thank someone when they help.
3. Do you wish to take out a full twelve-month _______ to the journal?
4. We offer a wide range' of goods at very ________ prices.
5. If you are ________ with our service, please write to the manager.
6. This ticket is only used by the person who bought it. It is not _________.
7. Fax _______ has now become a cheap and convenient way to transmit texts over distances.
8. White walls can give a feeling of _________.
9. The newspaper is _________ free.
10. How much was the _________ on that letter?
II. Write all the pronouns possible to complete each sentence. Write Ø if the sentence is correct without adding a pronoun.
1. We talk about the party ________ Sarah wants to organise for my birthday.
2. To get to Frank's house, take the main road _________ bypasses the village.
3. The paintings _______ Mr Flowers has in his house are worth around £100,000.
4. Mrs Richmond, ____ is 42, has three children,
5. Don is a friend _______ I stayed with in Australia.
6. She was probably the hardest working student ______ I've ever taught.
7. Stevenson is an architect ______ designs have won international praise.
8. The Roman coins, _____ a local farmer came across in a field, are now displayed in the National Museum.
9. Dorothy said something _______ I couldn't hear clearly.
10. There was a little ______ we could do to help her.
11. He received a low mark for his essay, ______ was only one page long.
12. We need to learn from companies _______ trading is more healthy than our own.
13. Professor Johnson, _____ I have long admired, is visiting the University next week.
14. The man ___________ I introduced to you last night may be the next president of the university.
15. These walls are all ______ remain of the city.
Bài tập tự luận tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 The post office có đáp án - Đề số 4
Xem chi tiết tại: Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9: The Post Office có đáp án
PHẦN I: READING
Đọc đoạn văn sau và chọn một từ thích hợp nhất điền vào chỗ trống, từ câu 1 đến câu 15
THE TREAT TO THE ENVIRONMENT
Nowadays people are more aware that wildlife all over the world is in ___1___. Many ___2___ of animals are threatened and could easily become ___3___ if we do not make an effort to ___4___. There are many reasons for this. In some cases, animals are ___5___ for their fur or for other valuable parts of their bodies. Some birds, ___6___ as parrots, are caught ___7___ and sold as pets. For many animals and birds, the problem that their habitat, the ___8___ where they live is ___9___. More ___10___ is used for farms, for houses or industry, and there are fewer open ___11___ than there once were. Farmers use powerful chemicals to help them grow better ___12___, but these chemicals pollute the environment and ___13___ wildlife. The most successful animals on earth, human beings, will soon be the only ones ___14___, unless we can ___15___ this problem.
Câu 1: A. danger B. problem C. threat D. vanishing
Câu 2: A. forms B. more C. marks D. species
Câu 3: A. empty B. vanished C. disappeared D. extict
Câu 4: A. harm B. serve C. protect D. safe
Câu 5: A. extinct B. hunted C. chased D. game
Câu 6: A. or B. like C. such D. where
Câu 7: A. alive B. for living C. for life D. lively
Câu 8: A. site B. pint C. place D. spot
Câu 9: A. disappearing B. escaping C. exhausting D. departing
Câu 10: A. soil B. area C. land D. earth
Câu 11: A. up B. spaces C. air D. parts
Câu 12: A. fields B. herbs C. crops D. products
Câu 13: A. spoil B. wrong C. harm D. wound
Câu 14: A. missing B. left C. over D. survived
Câu 15: A. answer B. calculate C. explain D. solve
Đọc đoạn văn sau và chọn một phương án thích hợp nhất để trả lời câu hỏi, từ câu 1 đến câu 5
Today I'd like to begin a discussion on the problem of the heating up the earth. First we'll touch on the relationship between fluorocarbons and the ozone layer. You probably remember that the ozone layer is the protective shield around the earth. It is important to all life, because it filters out harmful ultraviolet light from the sun. Ozone itself, a form of oxygen, is regularly destroyed by natural chemical processes.
The problem now is that too much of the ozone layer is being destroyed. Scientists suspect that certain chemicals, such as fluorocarbons, are contributing to the depletion of the ozone layer. And how do we use fluorocarbons? The most common uses are in spray cans and cooling systems. The chemical pollution from theses fuorocrabons can account for some of the ozone losses that have been reported. There are, however, new studies linking the sun itself to the depletion of the ozone layer. We'll go into that new study more next time.
Câu 1: Who is the most likely speaker?
A. A mechanic B. A professor C. A doctor D. A chemist
Câu 2: What is the speaker's main topic?
A. Fluorocarbons and ozone layer B. Ultraviolet
C. Air-conditioning systems D. The uses of spray cans
Câu 3: What is the most important purpose of the ozone layer?
A. Providing fluorocarbons B. Shielding the sun
C. Protecting the earth D. Destroying chemicals
Câu 4: What is the ozone layer made of?
A. Ultraviolet light B. Shields C. Oxygen D. Fluorocarbons
Câu 5: What will the speaker probably discuss next?
A. The make-up of the ozone layer
B. How to make air conditioners with fuoro carbons
C. Harmful effects of ultraviolet light
D. The sun as a cause of ozone layer depletion
Trên đây là Bộ bài tập tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9 The post office có đáp án. Mời thầy cô tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cả năm khác như:Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Để chuẩn bị tốt cho năm học 2020 - 2021 sắp tới, mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu học tập lớp 11 để tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu các môn học khác nhau.