Tổng hợp bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10 Nature in Danger có đáp án
Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo bộ sưu tập Bài tập trắc nghiệm và tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10 Nature In Danger có đáp án trên VnDoc.com. Các tài liệu trong bộ sưu tập này sẽ giúp các em học sinh luyện tập và nắm được cách làm các bài tập trong Unit 10 Tiếng Anh 11. Chúng tôi hi vọng, bộ sưu tập này sẽ giúp ích cho quá trình dạy và học của quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh.
Tổng hợp bài tập Unit 10 lớp 11 Nature in danger có đáp án
Bài tập tiếng Anh 11 Unit 10 Nature in danger có đáp án - Đề số 1
Xem chi tiết tại: Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10 Nature in danger có đáp án
I. Circle the word with the underlined letter(s) pronounced differently from that of the others.
|1. A. chemical||B. discharge||C. change||D. feature|
|2. A. nature||B. nation||C. suggestion||D. situation|
|3. A. scatter||B. panda||C. capture||D. devastate|
|4. A. danger||B. village||C. tiger||D. origin|
|5. A. supply||B. dirty||C. energy||D. happy|
|6. A. swallow||B. switch||C. sweet||D. sword|
|7. A. wild||B. prohibit||C. environment||D. survive|
|8. A. danger||B. race||C. discharge||D. maintenance|
|9. A. supply||B. survive||C. industry||D. agriculture|
|10. A. scenic||B. extinct||C. decrease||D. coexist|
II. Complete these sentences with the correct form of the verb in the list.
endanger scatter coexist pollute devastate
discharge prohibit survive protect capture
1. Many birds didn't...... the severe winter.
2. Animals shouldn't be...... for recreation arid entertainment.
3. The health of our children are being...... by exhaust fumes.
4. The factory was fined for...... chemicals into the river.
5. The explosion...... a flock of birds roosting in the trees.
6. Laws have been introduced to...... killing endangered animals.
7. The air in the city is heavily...... with traffic fumes.
8. The government should do more to...... the environment.
9. It is possible for local wildlife to...... with industry.
10. Western India was...... by a huge earthquake.
III. Choose the word or phrase that best completes the sentences.
1. The panda's...... habitat is the bamboo forest.
A. nature B. natural C. naturalized D. naturally
2. Learners can feel very...... if an exercise is too difficult.
A. courageous B. encouraging C. discouraged D. discouragingly
3. The...... friendly products are designed not to harm the natural environment.
A. environment B. environmental
C. environmentally D. environmentalism
4. The waste from the chemical factory is extremely.......
A. harm B. harmful C. unharmed D. harmless
5. People are destroying the air by adding...... to it.
A. pollutants B. polluters C. pollution D. polluted
6. 14 per cent of primate species are highly.......
A. danger B. dangerous C. endanger D. endangered
7. The...... of old buildings should be taken into consideration.
A. preserve B. preservation C. preservative D. preserves
8. You have to be aware of the damage humans are doing to quicken the...... of wildlife.
A. extinct B. extinctive C. extinctions D. extinction
9. Animal...... supporters gathered to protest' against hunting.
A. protect B. protection C. protective D. protectionist
10. The main threat to the...... of these creatures comes from their loss of habitat.
A. survive B. survivor C. survival D. survivable
IV. Join the sentence halves using which or whom after an appropriate preposition.
the furniture is to be delivered. you should be aware.
I had great respect. I look up.
most world trade was conducted. the printer was supplied.
she was divorced in 1995. it was named.
we went on holiday. it was primarily written.
1. My English teacher, Mrs. Brookes, was someone...............
2. Until 1914 the pound sterling was the currency.............
3. They have changed the date.........
4. Pasteurisation was discovered by the French chemist Louis Pasteur,........
5. There are a number of safety procedures.....................
6. Details are in the instruction manual.........................
7. Ms. Peters was left the money by her former husband...........
8. She is one of the few people...............................
9. This is a photograph of our friends...........................
10. The book is enjoyed by adults as well as children.............
V. Combine the, following pairs or groups of sentences by means of relative pronouns, making any changes necessary.
1. Her many friends gave her encouragement. I like to be considered among them.
Her many friends.......................................
2. Her father died last year. She looked after him for over twenty years.
3. The bed has no mattress. I sleep on this bed.
4. There wasn't any directory in the telephone box. I was phoning from this box.
5. I was sitting on a chair. It suddenly collapsed.
6. Mr Smith said he was too busy to speak to me. I had come specially to see him.
7. I saw several houses. Most of them were quite unsuitable.
8. Graham took us to his office. It was filled with books.
9. Mr Marks is unhappy about the plans for the new dam. The stream flows across his farm.
10. They picked up five boat-loads of refugees. Some of them had been at sea for several months.
11. Tom came to the party in patched jeans. This surprised the other guests. Most of the other guests were wearing evening dress.
12. The people didn't know French. He was speaking to these people.
13. Mr Jones was very generous about overtime payments. I was working for him.
14. The Roman coins are now on display in the National Museum. A local farmer came across them in a field.
The Roman coins..........................................
15. Professor Johnson is to visit the University next week. I have long looked up to him
VI. Suggest corrections or improvements to these sentences or write () if they are already correct.
1. The playground wasn't used by the children for who it was built.
2. The house into which the thieves broke is owned by Peter Brown.
3. The building from that Mr Marcus emerged was little more than a ruin.
4. The party, to which I've been looking forward all week, is at Mary's house.
5. The water that she fell into was freezing cold.
6. The college is home to 30 students from Nepal, almost all of who are studying economics.
7. I have heard her on the violin and clarinet, both which she plays extremely well.
8. It was the perfect tree under that to sit on a hot, sunny day.
9. The film was made at Tulloch Castle, part of it dates back to 1466.
10. A huge amount of oil was spilled, the effects of which are still being felt.
VII. Complete each of the sentences with an appropriate preposition.
1. A number of rare animals are now in danger...... extinction.
2. If people's interference...... the environment decreases, more species will survive and produce off-spring.
3. The government should do more to protect rare animals...... being extinct.
4. She believes there is life...... other planets.
5. The EU has imposed a ban...... the import of seal skins.
6. People are destroying the air by adding pollutants...... it.
7. Human beings are responsible...... the changes in the environment.
8. They are changing weather conditions by cutting...... trees in the forests.
9. National parks should be set...... to save animals and plants.
10. Raw sewage was discharged the treatment plant directly...... the river.
VIII. Write a passage about the tropical rainforest, using the cues given.
The tropical rainforests/ a delight/ people/ love nature. The forests/ beautiful woodlands/ receive/ plenty of rain.
Nowadays/ tropical rainforests/ danger/ extinction. Each year/ millions of acres/ rainforests/ clear/ make way/ population growth/ agriculture. This/ result/ the destruction/ millions of plants. This destruction/ cause/ some types of animals/ lose/ their natural habitat. Because/ this/ many species/ plants/ animals/ become/ extinct.
It/ important/ us/ save/ the tropical rainforests. Once/ tropical rainforest/ destroy/ it/ take/ hundreds of years/ before/ the forest/ re-establish.
Bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 10 lớp 11 Nature in danger có đáp án - Đề số 2
* Xem chi tiết tại: Bài tập Unit 10 lớp 11 Nature in Danger có đáp án
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. scatter B. nature C. danger D. race
2. A. exactly B. exist C. exhaust D. extinct
3. A. feature B. species C. weather D. decrease
4. A. survive B. prohibit C. fertilizer D. environment
5. A. decreased B. influenced C. endangered D. established
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase A, B, C, or D that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. What exactly is the influence of air pollution...... human beings?
A. to B. with C. on D. for
7. The campaign will hopefully ensure the survival...... the tiger.
A. of B. for C. to D. on
8. It is possible for local wildlife to coexist...... industry.
A. to B. of C. in D. with
9. The health of our children is being...... by exhaust fumes.
A. danger B. endanger C. dangerous D. endangered
10. The society was set up to...... endangered species from extinction.
A. prevent B. distinguish C. preserve D. survive
11. If people stop destroying animal's natural habitat, more species will survive and produce.......
A. offspring B. ecology C. landscape D. benefit
12. People in this region cultivate mainly rice and vegetables.
A. destroy B. grow C. develop D. support
13. Among the problems facing the national park's manager, the most serious ones are those of...... and expansion.
A. improvement B. reassessment C. distinction D. maintenance
14. Oil spills are having a devastating effect on coral reefs in the ocean.
A. powerful B. significant C. disastrous D. detectable
15. The factory was fined for...... chemicals into the river.
A. discharging B. dumping C. producing D. exposing.
B. Choose the word or phrase A, B, C, or D that best completes the sentence.
16. Jean Fragonard was a French artist...... portrait of children.
A. whose paintings B. who has painted
C. who painted D. whose painted
17. The smoke from burning fuels causes pollution if it...... into the atmosphere.
A. releases B. is released C. will be released D. released.
18. Portland, Maine, is...... the poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow spent his early years.
A. where B. it where C. where is D. which is where
19. Walkers can unwittingly damage the fragile environment.......
A. that the birds live B. where the birds live in
C. which live the birds D. in which the birds live
20. Wild animals...... in their natural habitat will have a better and longer life than those which are kept in protected areas.
A. live B. to live C. living D. lived
21. There should be some measures to protect the humpback whale,...... an endangered species.
A. to consider B. considered C. consider D. is considered
22. We should participate in the movement...... to conserve the natural environment.
A. organized B. to organize C. organizing D. organize
23. The purchase of wild animals.......
A. should ban B. must ban C. have to be banned D. must be banned
24. The school has been given 20 computers, half of...... are brand new.
A. that B. those C. them D. which
25. The computer,...... the memory capacity has just been upgraded, is among the latest generations.
A. that B. whose C. of which D. which of
A. Fill in each blank with one appropriate word from the box.
represents fueled oversee alarming lost imported
establish reduced covered sought derived cleared.
The rate at which the deforestation of the world is proceeding is (31)........ In the 1950 approximately 25 percent of the earth's land surface had been (32)....... with forests, and less than twenty-five years later the amount of the forest land was (33)....... to 20 percent. This decrease from 25 percent to 20 percent from 1950 to 1973 (34)....... an astounding 20 million square kilometers of forests. Predictions are that all, additional 20 million square kilometers of forest land will be (35)....... by 2020.
The majority of deforestation is occuring in the tropical forests in developing countries, (36)....... by the developing countries' need for increased agricultural land and the desire on the part of developed countries to import wood and wood products. More than 90 percent of the plywood
used in the United States, for example, is (37)....... from, developing countries with tropical rain forests. By the mid-1980s, solutions to this expanding problem were being (38)....... , in the form of attempts to (39)....... an international regulatory organization to (40)....... the use of tropical forests.
B. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers.
The natural world is under violent assault from man.
The seas and rivers are being poisoned by radioactive wastes, by chemical discharges and by the dumping of dangerous toxins and raw sewage. The air we breathe is polluted by smoke and fumes from factories and motor vehicles; even the rain is poisoneD.
It's little wonder forests and lakes are being destroyed and everywhere wildlife is disappearing. Yet the destruction continues.
Governments and industries throughout the world are intensifying their efforts to extract the earth's mineral riches and to plunder its living resources. The great rainforests and the frozen continents alike are seriously threateneD. And this despite the warnings of the scientific community and the deep concern of millions of ordinary people.
Despite the fact, too, that we can create environmentally-clean industries, harness the power of the sun, wind and waves for our energy needs and manage the finite resources of the Earth in a way that will safeguard our future and protect all the rich variety of life forms which share this planet with us.
But there is still hope. The forces of destruction are being challenged across the globe - and at the spearhead of this challenge is Greenpeace.
Wherever the environment is in danger, Greenpeace has made a stanD.
Its scientific presentations and peaceful direct actions at sea and on land have shocked governments and industri1es into an awareness that Greenpeace will not allow the natural world to be destroyeD. Those actions, too, have won the admiration and support of millions.
Now you can strengthen the thin green line; you can make your voice heard in defence of the living world by joining Greenpeace today. Thank God someone's making waves.
41. Which of these statements is not made?
A. Drinking water is polluted. B. Radioactive waste poisons the sea.
C. Sewage isn't processed. D. Cars and factories poison the air.
42. The writer............
A. is surprised that the rain is poisoned.
B. is unsured why the air is polluted.
C. wonders why the natural world is being destroyed.
D. understands why forests and lakes are being destroyed.
43. Rainforests are being destroyed because governments and industries.......
A. are unaware of what they're doing wrong.
B. are rich and powerful.
C. choose to ignore criticism.
D. basically care about the environment.
44. The earth's resources..........
A. should only be for people B. can be made to last longer.
C. will last forever. D. belong to just humans and animals
45. Governments and industries............
A. don't know what Greenpeace thinks.
B. are forced to understand the problems by Greenpeace.
C. can easily ignore Greenpeace.
D. misunderstand what Greenpeace thinks.
Choose the sentence A, B, C or D which in closest in meaning to the printed sentence.
46. The children made every effort to please their parents.
A. The children made little effort to please their parents.
B. The children tried their best to please their parents.
C. The parents were pleased with their children's effort.
D. The children made no attempt to please their parents.
47. Scientists say forests are being destroyed by air pollution.
A. Scientists blame air pollution for the destruction of forests.
B. Scientists are blamed for destroying forests.
C. Scientists say that there's much air pollution in the forests.
D. Forests are being destroyed by scientists.
48. I would be very grateful if you could send me the document.
A. I would appreciate your sending me the document.
B. I was very grateful for your document.
C. I'm upset about your not sending me the document.
D. Do not send me the document, please.
49. 'You should have finished the report by now.' John told his secretary.
A. John reproached his secretary for not having finished the report.
B. John said that his secretary had not finished the report.
C. John reminded his secretary of finishing the report on time.
D. John scolded his secretary for not having finished the. report.
50. That young man is bound to fail in this test.
A. Certainly, that young man will fail in this test.
B. It would be impossible for that young man to fail this test.
C. There is no way that young man can succeed in this test.
D. A and C are correct
Bài tập Unit 10 tiếng Anh lớp 11 có đáp án - Đề số 3
Xem chi tiết tại: Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10 Nature in Danger có đáp án
Choose the word that has the main stress placed differently from the others.
1. a. protect b. prohibit c. pollute d. cultivate
2. a. agriculture b. extinction c. environment d. establishment
3. a. nature b. dangerous c. interfered d. devastating
4. a. capture b. discharge c. survive d. extinct
5. a. fertilizer b. interference c. maintenance d. offspring
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence.
6. The government is thinking of bringing ______ a law to prohibit the killing of endangered animals.
a. on b. up c. in d. round
7. In some countries environmental organizations have been ______ to inform people and gain their support.
a. made up b. set up c. brought up d. taken up
8. We continue to ______ rainforests and increase the dangers of global warming.
a. cut off b. cut in c. cut out d. cut down
9. In some countries there have been widespread demands for the ______ of seal hunting.
a. extinction b. disappearance c. abolition d. establishment
10. Some people have a more ______ attitude towards animals than they do towards children.
a. human b. humane c. humanized d. humanistic
11. ______ aren't effective anymore because insects have become resistant to them.
a. Fertilizers b. Pesticides c. Herbicides d. Composts
12. They started a campaign to ______ smoking among teenagers.
a. encourage b. decrease c. discourage d. prohibit
13. If we do not take steps to protect the world's wild life, many species of birds and animals are likely to ______ completely.
a. die out b. die down c. die away d. die from
14. The Earth will be a planet where' human beings, animals and plants live in peaceful ______.
a. cooperation b. coordination c. corporation d. coexistence
15. Overharvesting brought North American alligators to ______ in their natural habitats.
a. nearly extinct b. near extinction c. extinct near d. extinction nearly
B. Choose the word or phrase A, B, C, or D that best completes the sentence.
16. The environmentalists hope ...... the forest to its former condition.
A. to restore
D. having restored
17. Several cars ...... owners had parked them under the trees, were damaged.
B. of which
18. My English teacher, Mrs Brookes, was someone ... I had great respect.
C. for who
D. for whom
19. If coastal erosion continues to take place at the present rate, in another fifty years this beach ...... anymore.
A. doesn't exist
B. isn't going to exist
C. isn’t existing
D. won't be existing
20. She joined the local tennis club, ...... were at least 60.
A. most of its members
B. most whose members
C. most of whose members
D. most members
21. Since 1950 the world ...... nearly one-fifth of the top soil from its agricultural land and one-fifth of its tropical forests.
A. was losing
B. is losing
C. had been lost
D. has lost
22. A lack of cross-cultural awareness can result in misinterpretation, .....
A. that offense may cause
B. which may cause offense
C. those may cause offense
D. for which may cause offense
23. So thick and rich ...... of Illimois that early settlers there were unable to force a plow through it.
A. as the soil
B. the soil was
C. was the soil
D. the soil
24. Fleming's discovery of penicillin, ......, had a major influence on the lives of people in the 20th century.
A. awarded the Nobel Prize
B. which awarded the Nobel Prize
C. that he was awarded the Nobel Prize for
D. for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize
25. ...... think of metallurgy as a modern field of science, but it is actually one of the oldest.
A. Although many people
B. Many people
C. Many people who
D. That many people
C. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, cor d - that needs correcting.
26. Among us (A) students are many foreigners (B) whose (C) attend language classes
at the (D) south campus.
27. Is it right that politicians (A) should make (B) important decisions without consulting (C) the public to who (D) they are accountable?
28. The environment where (A) wild animals are living (B) is now badly (C) destroying (D).
29. AU nations may have to make (A) fundamental changes in (B) their economic, political, and the technological institutions (C) if they are to preserve (D) the environment.
30. Soon after Mel has finished (A) his thesis, he will leave (B) for Boston, where (C) he has a job waiting on him (D).
31. Many of the (A) important products obtained (B) from trees, one of the most (C) important is wood pulp, which is used in paper-making (D).
32. Biochemists have solved (A) many of the mysteries (B) about phonosynthesis, the process which (C) plants make food (D).
33. Air pollution, together with (A) littering, are (B) causing (C) many problems in our large (D), industrial cities today.
34. The area where (A) a microchip (B) is manufactured must be (C) the most cleanest (D) environment possible.
35. The mining (A) of materials often bring about (B) the destruction (C) of landscapes and wildlife (D) habitats.
Bài tập tự luận tiếng Anh 11 Unit 10 Nature in danger có đáp án - Đề số 4
I. Circle the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other words.
|1) A. supply||B. dirty||C. energy||D. happy|
|2) A. decreased||B. influenced||C. endangered||D. established|
|3) A. answer||B. sweater||C. swim||D. switch|
II. Circle the word that has stress pattern different from that of the other words.
|4) A. nature||B. danger||C. human||D. environment|
|5) A. exist||B. species||C. effect||D. condition|
|6) A. forest||B. water||C. destroy||D. industry|
B. VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR
* Circle the best answer for each sentence.
A. 7) Many rare ____ of animals are in danger of extinction.
8) People are destroying the environment by adding ____ to it.
9) Many efforts have been made to protect ____ nature.
10) Many species of animals are threatened and could easily become ____.
11) Many animals are ____ for their fur and other valuable parts of their bodies.
C. run after
12) They started a campaign to ____ smoking among teenagers.
13) Dinosaurs became ____ millions of years go.
14) The chemical ____ from cars and factories make the air, water and soil dangerously dirty.
15) Human beings are ____ for the changes in the environment.
16) By cutting down trees, we ____ the natural habitat of birds and animals.
17) __ aren’t effective anymore because insects have become resistant to them.
18) They started a campaign to ____ smoking among teenagers.
19) He is the singer about ____ I often tell you.
20) The concert ____ I listened last weekend was boring.
A. to that
B. to which
C. for what
D. for which
21) That’s the girl to ____ my brother got engaged.
22) I like the village ____ I used to live.
A. in that
B. in where
D. in which
23) I don’t know the reason ____ she hasn’t talked to me recently.
A. on which
B. for which
C. of which
D. about which
24) The little girl ____ I borrowed this pen has gone.
B. from who
C. from that
D. from whom
25) The speech ___ we listened last night was information.
A. to which
B. which to
C. to that
26) The boy to ____ I lent my money is poor.
D. B and C
27) The knife ____ we cut bread is very sharp.
A. with that
C. with which
28) The authority gathered those villagers ____ they explained the importance of forests.
C. to whom
D. to that
Mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung bài tập và đáp án tại đây: Bộ bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10: Nature in Danger có đáp án. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com luôn cập nhật tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,.. Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập, giảng dạy.
Để chuẩn bị tốt cho năm học 2020 - 2021 sắp tới, mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu học tập lớp 11 để tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu các môn học khác nhau.