Bài tập Unit 10 lớp 11 Nature in Danger có đáp án
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10 Nature in danger có đáp án
Nằm trong bộ bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit năm 2020, Bài tập tiếng Anh 11 Unit 10: Nature in Danger có đáp án là tài liệu tham khảo dành cho giáo viên, học sinh THPT chuyên môn tiếng anh - Bài tập tiếng anh giúp nâng cao kiến thức và kỹ năng đánh trắc nghiệm. Mời thầy cô và các em tham khảo.
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. scatter B. nature C. danger D. race
2. A. exactly B. exist C. exhaust D. extinct
3. A. feature B. species C. weather D. decrease
4. A. survive B. prohibit C. fertilizer D. environment
5. A. decreased B. influenced C. endangered D. established
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase A, B, C, or D that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. What exactly is the influence of air pollution...... human beings?
A. to B. with C. on D. for
7. The campaign will hopefully ensure the survival...... the tiger.
A. of B. for C. to D. on
8. It is possible for local wildlife to coexist...... industry.
A. to B. of C. in D. with
9. The health of our children is being...... by exhaust fumes.
A. danger B. endanger C. dangerous D. endangered
10. The society was set up to...... endangered species from extinction.
A. prevent B. distinguish C. preserve D. survive
11. If people stop destroying animal's natural habitat, more species will survive and produce.......
A. offspring B. ecology C. landscape D. benefit
12. People in this region cultivate mainly rice and vegetables.
A. destroy B. grow C. develop D. support
13. Among the problems facing the national park's manager, the most serious ones are those of...... and expansion.
A. improvement B. reassessment C. distinction D. maintenance
14. Oil spills are having a devastating effect on coral reefs in the ocean.
A. powerful B. significant C. disastrous D. detectable
15. The factory was fined for...... chemicals into the river.
A. discharging B. dumping C. producing D. exposing.
B. Choose the word or phrase A, B, C, or D that best completes the sentence.
16. Jean Fragonard was a French artist...... portrait of children.
A. whose paintings B. who has painted
C. who painted D. whose painted
17. The smoke from burning fuels causes pollution if it...... into the atmosphere.
A. releases B. is released C. will be released D. released.
18. Portland, Maine, is...... the poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow spent his early years.
A. where B. it where C. where is D. which is where
19. Walkers can unwittingly damage the fragile environment.......
A. that the birds live B. where the birds live in
C. which live the birds D. in which the birds live
20. Wild animals...... in their natural habitat will have a better and longer life than those which are kept in protected areas.
A. live B. to live C. living D. lived
21. There should be some measures to protect the humpback whale,...... an endangered species.
A. to consider B. considered C. consider D. is considered
22. We should participate in the movement...... to conserve the natural environment.
A. organized B. to organize C. organizing D. organize
23. The purchase of wild animals.......
A. should ban B. must ban C. have to be banned D. must be banned
24. The school has been given 20 computers, half of...... are brand new.
A. that B. those C. them D. which
25. The computer,...... the memory capacity has just been upgraded, is among the latest generations.
A. that B. whose C. of which D. which of
C. Choose word or phrase - A, B, C or D – that needs correcting.
26. Despite of (A) a language barrier, humans (B) have managed to communicate with others (C) through sign language, in which (D) certain motions stand for letters, words, or ideas.
27. Radio stations at which (A) broadcast only news (B) first appeared (C) in the (D) 1970s.
28. JKL Motorbikes sells (A) six different models, the first which (B) they started (C) making (D) in 1985.
29. Visitors were (A) not permitted entering (B) the park after dark because of (C) the lack of (D) security and lighting.
30. If Monique had not attended (A) the party, she never would meet (B) her old friend Dan, whom (C) she had not seen (D) in years.
A. Fill in each blank with one appropriate word from the box.
represents fueled oversee alarming lost imported
establish reduced covered sought derived cleared.
The rate at which the deforestation of the world is proceeding is (31)........ In the 1950 approximately 25 percent of the earth's land surface had been (32)....... with forests, and less than twenty-five years later the amount of the forest land was (33)....... to 20 percent. This decrease from 25 percent to 20 percent from 1950 to 1973 (34)....... an astounding 20 million square kilometers of forests. Predictions are that all, additional 20 million square kilometers of forest land will be (35)....... by 2020.
The majority of deforestation is occuring in the tropical forests in developing countries, (36)....... by the developing countries' need for increased agricultural land and the desire on the part of developed countries to import wood and wood products. More than 90 percent of the plywood
used in the United States, for example, is (37)....... from, developing countries with tropical rain forests. By the mid-1980s, solutions to this expanding problem were being (38)....... , in the form of attempts to (39)....... an international regulatory organization to (40)....... the use of tropical forests.
B. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers.
The natural world is under violent assault from man.
The seas and rivers are being poisoned by radioactive wastes, by chemical discharges and by the dumping of dangerous toxins and raw sewage. The air we breathe is polluted by smoke and fumes from factories and motor vehicles; even the rain is poisoneD.
It's little wonder forests and lakes are being destroyed and everywhere wildlife is disappearing. Yet the destruction continues.
Governments and industries throughout the world are intensifying their efforts to extract the earth's mineral riches and to plunder its living resources. The great rainforests and the frozen continents alike are seriously threateneD. And this despite the warnings of the scientific community and the deep concern of millions of ordinary people.
Despite the fact, too, that we can create environmentally-clean industries, harness the power of the sun, wind and waves for our energy needs and manage the finite resources of the Earth in a way that will safeguard our future and protect all the rich variety of life forms which share this planet with us.
But there is still hope. The forces of destruction are being challenged across the globe - and at the spearhead of this challenge is Greenpeace.
Wherever the environment is in danger, Greenpeace has made a stanD.
Its scientific presentations and peaceful direct actions at sea and on land have shocked governments and industri1es into an awareness that Greenpeace will not allow the natural world to be destroyeD. Those actions, too, have won the admiration and support of millions.
Now you can strengthen the thin green line; you can make your voice heard in defence of the living world by joining Greenpeace today. Thank God someone's making waves.
41. Which of these statements is not made?
A. Drinking water is polluted. B. Radioactive waste poisons the sea.
C. Sewage isn't processed. D. Cars and factories poison the air.
42. The writer............
A. is surprised that the rain is poisoned.
B. is unsured why the air is polluted.
C. wonders why the natural world is being destroyed.
D. understands why forests and lakes are being destroyed.
43. Rainforests are being destroyed because governments and industries.......
A. are unaware of what they're doing wrong.
B. are rich and powerful.
C. choose to ignore criticism.
D. basically care about the environment.
44. The earth's resources..........
A. should only be for people B. can be made to last longer.
C. will last forever. D. belong to just humans and animals
45. Governments and industries............
A. don't know what Greenpeace thinks.
B. are forced to understand the problems by Greenpeace.
C. can easily ignore Greenpeace.
D. misunderstand what Greenpeace thinks.
Choose the sentence A, B, C or D which in closest in meaning to the printed sentence.
46. The children made every effort to please their parents.
A. The children made little effort to please their parents.
B. The children tried their best to please their parents.
C. The parents were pleased with their children's effort.
D. The children made no attempt to please their parents.
47. Scientists say forests are being destroyed by air pollution.
A. Scientists blame air pollution for the destruction of forests.
B. Scientists are blamed for destroying forests.
C. Scientists say that there's much air pollution in the forests.
D. Forests are being destroyed by scientists.
48. I would be very grateful if you could send me the document.
A. I would appreciate your sending me the document.
B. I was very grateful for your document.
C. I'm upset about your not sending me the document.
D. Do not send me the document, please.
49. 'You should have finished the report by now.' John told his secretary.
A. John reproached his secretary for not having finished the report.
B. John said that his secretary had not finished the report.
C. John reminded his secretary of finishing the report on time.
D. John scolded his secretary for not having finished the. report.
50. That young man is bound to fail in this test.
A. Certainly, that young man will fail in this test.
B. It would be impossible for that young man to fail this test.
C. There is no way that young man can succeed in this test.
D. A and C are correct
Mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung bài tập và đáp án tại đây: Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10: Nature in Danger có đáp án. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com cập nhật nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 11 Unit 10 khác như: Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10: Nature in Danger, Từ vựng tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10: Nature in Danger, Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 10: Nature in Danger, ...
Song song với chương trình Tiếng Anh lớp 11 sách cũ, VnDoc.com luôn cập nhật tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,.. Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập, giảng dạy.
Để chuẩn bị tốt cho năm học 2020 - 2021 sắp tới, mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu học tập lớp 11 để tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu các môn học khác nhau.