Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 The Post Office có đáp án
Trắc nghiệm Unit 9 lớp 11 The post office có đáp án
Đến với Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 The Post Office có đáp án, quý thầy cô giáo sẽ có thêm tư liệu để dạy học, các em học sinh có thể ôn tập hoặc mở rộng kiến thức của mình. Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh 11 có đáp án gồm các bài tập tiếng Anh dùng bổ trợ cho Unit 9 tiếng Anh lớp 11 The post office hiệu quả.
Choose the word that has the main stress placed differently from the others.
|1. A. technology||B. competitive||C. facsimile||D. document|
|2. A. courteous||B. subscribe||C. service||D. customer|
|3. A. transit||B. transmit||C. transact||D. translate|
|4. A. capacity||B. communal||C. secure||D. imagine|
|5. A. installation||B. disadvantage||C. dissatisfied||D. disappointed|
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence.
6. I suddenly came..... a very valuable book when we was in the bookshop.
7. Prices are going..... in a worry way.
8. Does he tell you how he is getting..... his new colleagues?
A. on with
B. on of
C. away with
D. out of
9. I'd like to send this parcel express. What's the..... on it?
10. An extra copy of each document was supplied for onward..... to head office.
11. We..... to several sports channels on television.
12. We offer a very..... rate for parcels of under 15 kg.
13. If you want to send a document and do not want to lose, its original shape, our..... service will help you.
A. express mail
C. messenger call
14...... of all the staff, I would like to wish you a happy retirement.
A. On behalf
B. In place
D. On account
15. '..... send this document to my office by fax?' 'Certainly.'
A. Would you like
B. Would you mind
C. Could you
D. Why not
B. Choose the word or phrase- a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence.
16. Al painted his bedroom brown. It looks dark and dready. He..... a different color.
A. had to choose
B. should have chosen
C. must have chosen
D. could have been choosing
17. You....., too hard lately. Take a short vacation.
C. were working
D. have been working
18. In geometry, a tangent is a straight line..... a curve at only one point.
A. it touches
B. whose touching
C. its touching
D. that touches
19. Ellen Swallow Richards became the first woman....., graduate from, and teach at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
A. to enter
D. who enter
20. I felt as if I..... a confidence.
A. have betrayed
B. would betray
C. had betrayed
D. am betraying
21...... finds the treasure is entitled to twenty five percent of it.
B. The people who
D. Man who
22. The instrument panel of a light airplane has at least a dozen instruments.....
A. the pilot must watch
B. what the pilot must watch
C. which the pilot must watch them
D. such that the pilot must watch
23. Dr Seuss,..... was Theodor Seuss Geisel, wrote and illustrated delightfully humorous books for children.
A. his real name
B. who had as his real name
C. with his real name
D. whose real name
24. Diamonds are often found in rock formations called pipes,..... the throats of extinct volcanoes.
A. in which they resemble
B. which resemble
C. there is a resemblance to
D. they resemble
25. If we had known your new address, we..... to see you.
B. will come
C. would come
D. would have come
C. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that needs correcting.
26. One of the most (A) influence (B) newspapers in the U.S is (C) The New York Times, which is widely distributed (D) throughout the world.
27. The legal age which (A) a person is considered (B) to be an (C) adult is customarily (D) 18.
28. Van Cliburn who studied (A) piano from (B) 1951 to 1954 and won (C) multiple awards between (D) 1958 and 1960.
29. Dr Harder, that (A) is the professor for this class, will be (B) absent this week (C) because of illness (D).
30. The man, of whom the (A) red car is parked (B) in front of our house (C), is a (D) prominent physician in this town.
31. Public health experts say that the (A) money one spends avoiding (B) illness is less than (C) the cost of be sick (D).
32. It (A) took eight years to complete (B) the Erie Canal, the 365-miles (C) waterway which connects (D) Albany and Buffalo in New York State.
A. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
A major revolution for the automated office is electronic mail. The customary (33)...... system requires message written on paper to be (34)...... physically from one location to another. With electronic mail, messages are converted (35)..... electronic signals, tranmitted (36)..... in the world, and then changed back into the original written form, all in several seconds and minutes at (37).......
Through the use of video screens in company offices, a single (38)...... can be transmitted to hundreds of people in dozens of branch offices at the same time. Thus, electronic mail, along with (39)......, can be an important asset in teleconferences. Furthermore, the use of electric mail in the form of a 'mailbox' (40)...... to a telephone is also of great value. Since in offices many telephone (41)...... go uncompleted on the first attempt, with electronic mail, two-way conversion is not essential, so it (42)...... telephone use and saves time.
33. A. post B. postal C. postage D. posting
34. A. transformed B. transferred C. transacted D. transmitted
35. A. from B. by C. into D. with
36. A. wherever B. anywhere C. somewhere D. everywhere
37. A. most B. all C. least D. last.
38. A. data B. instrument C. document D. information
39. A. programs B. graphics C. websites D. databases
40. A. attached B. transmitted C. extended D. spread
41. A. bills B. calls C. uses D. services
42. A. increases B. receives C. reduces D. transfers
B. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers.
The last two decades have seen enormous changes in the way people's lives are affected by IT. Twenty years ago, few people had access to a computer whilst today most people use them at work, home or school and use of e-mail and the Internet is an every day event.
These developments have brought many benefits to our lives. E-mail makes communication much easier and more immediate. This has numerous benefits for business, commerce, and education. The World Wide Web means that information on every conceivable subject is now available to us. Clearly,. for many people this has made life much easier and more convenient.
However, not all the effects of the new technology have been beneficial. Many people feel that the widespread use of e-mail is destroying traditional forms of communication such as letter writing, telephone and face-to-face conversation. In addition, the huge size of the Web means it is almost impossible to control and regulate. This has led to many concerns regarding children accessing unsuitable websites. In conclusion, developments in IT have brought many benefits, yet I believe developments relating to new technology in the future are likely to produce many negative effects that will need to be addressed very carefully.
43. In the last twenty years _______________
A. there have been dramatic changes in the field of computer science
B. people's lives have been changed a lot because of the invention of the computer.
C. the World Wide Web and e-mail communication have affected modern life.
D. there have been developments in telecomunications.
44. According to the passage, E-mail _____________
A. reduces face-to-face contact
B. can be checked quickly and easily
C. is used only in business
D. takes a lot of time to transmit
45. The World Wide Web and e-mail communication ______________
A. causes a busy and exciting life
B. have also been used for education purpose
C. is difficult to get access to
D. is destroying traditional customs
46. What does the IT stand for?
A. Information Transfer B. Information Transmission
C. Information Theory D. Information Technology
47. Which sentence is NOT mentioned?
A. The World Wide Web is difficult to navigate.
B. The World Wide Web provides information.
C. The World Wide Web is difficult to control.
D. E-mail communication is quick and easy.
48. The writer thinks future IT developments will be __________
A. more positive
B. more negative
C. more rapid
A. Choose the sentence - a, b, c or d – which is closest in meaning to the printed one.
49. If he had hurried, he would have caught the train.
A. He had to catch the train, so he was in a hurry.
B. He missed the train because he didn't hurry.
C. He doesn't hurry, so he won't catch the train.
D. The train was delayed, so he wouldn't have to hurry.
50. 'Sorry madam, looking after the garden is not my duty.'
A. He apologized for not looking after the garden.
B. He promised to look after the garden.
C. He said that he was not responsible for looking after the garden.
D. He asked me if looking after the garden was his duty.
51. Although she has less teaching experience than the other staff member, she is one of the best teachers.
A. She is one of the best teachers because she has taught longer.
B. Other members of the staff teach less than she does.
C. She has the best experience of all the teachers on the staff.
D. She is one of the best teachers in spite of her having less experience.
52. It's thought that the accident was caused by human error.
A. The accident took place because of thoughtlessness.
B. Humans' thoughlessness caused the accident.
C. The accident is thought to have been caused by human error.
D. The accident is thought to cause human error.
53. Scientists say forests are being destroyed by air pollution.
A. Scientists blame air pollution for the destruction of forests.
B. Scientists are blamed for destroying forests.
C. Forests are being destroyed by scientists.
D. Forests account for air pollution.
B. Choose the best sentence - a, b, c or d –made from the given cues.
54. According/ Cook/ whose/ book/ published/ Thursday/ most/ disasters/ avoidable//
A. According to Cook, whose book was published on Thursday, most disasters are avoidable.
B. According to Cook, whose book was published on Thursday, is the most disasters is avoidable.
C. According to Cook whose book was published on Thursday most disasters are avoidable.
D. According to Cook, whose book was published on Thursday, most disasters is avoidable.
55. He/ not allow/ us/ go out/ boat/ yesterday/ as/ strong wind/ blow//
A. He didn't allow us to go out in the boat yesterday as strong wind blows.
B. He didn't allow us to go out on the boat yesterday as strong wind blows.
C. He didn't allow us to go out on the boat yesterday as strong wind was blowing.
D. He didn't allow us to go out on the boat yesterday as strong wind had blown.
56. I/ regret/ inform/ you/ not approved/ the loan//
A. I regret informing that you have not been approved for the loan.
B. I regret to inform you that you have not been approved for the loan.
C. I regret to inform that you have not approved for the loan.
D. I regret to inform you that you wasn't approved for the loan.
57. We/ polluted/ air/ be/ smoke/ factories/ fumes/ motor vehicles//
A. What we have polluted the air with is smoke of factories and fumes of motor vehicles.
B. We are polluted the air which is smoke from factories and fumes from motor vehicles.
C. What we have polluted the air is smoke from factories and fumes from motor vehicles.
D. We polluted the air with smoke of factories and fumes of motor vehicles.
58. Provided/ legible/ examiner/ accept/ handwriting answer//
A. Provided it is legible, the examiner accepted your handwriting answer.
B. Provided it is legible, the examiner will accept your handwriting answer.
C. Provided it is legible, the examiner is accepted your handwriting answer.
D. Provided legible, the examiner is accepted your handwriting answer.
Trên đây là Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 The post office có đáp án. Mời thầy cô tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cả năm khác như:Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Để chuẩn bị tốt cho năm học 2020 - 2021 sắp tới, mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu học tập lớp 11 để tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu các môn học khác nhau.