Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 3: A party có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 3: A party có đáp án
Để có thể củng cố, hệ thống lại những kiến thức của chương trình tiếng Anh 11, VnDoc.com mời các em tải và luyện tập ngay với những bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 3 có đáp án. Đây là những bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 hay, bao gồm bài tập trắc nghiệm và tự luận tiếng Anh lớp 11 được chúng tôi sưu tầm và chọn lọc để gửi đến các em. Chúc các em học tốt.
I. Choose the word in which the letter l, r, or h his silent.
1. a. cold
2. a. honey
3. a. work
4. a. horrible
5. a. follow
6. a. ring
7. a. should
8. a. carry
9. a. inherit
10. a. calf
11. a. home
12. a. talk
II. Complete these sentences with the correct form or tense of the verb in the box.
celebrate sing joke divorce receive
decorate serve gather invite clap
1. Paula's parent _______ when she was only a child.
2. Everyone _______ us when we went up to get our prize.
3. Let's have a party _______ your birthday.
4. _______ you _______ your Christmas tree yet?
5. I'd have liked to have gone to their party but I_______.
6. She _______ a camera as a twenty-fifth birthday present.
7. Traditionally, Auld Lang Syne _______ at midnight on New Year Eve.
8. I thought he _______ when he said he'd resigned.
9. By the time we got to the party, the pasta ________.
10. They _______ for a major conference at the moment.
III. Complete these sentences with the correct form of the word in brackets.
1. They organized a party in _______ of the year's successes. (celebrate)
2. The 50th wedding anniversary is called the ______ anniversary. (gold)
3. After they got _______, she never remarried. (divorce)
4. We wish them every _______ in their new life. (happy)
5. The lighting in the room is functional as well as_______. (decorate)
6. The _______ postponed the race because of heavy snow. (organize)
7. We're having a small family _______ to mark our wedding anniversary. (gather)
8. I have no _______ of changing jobs. (intend)
9. The food was good but the _______ was very slow. (serve)
10. Nobody in the office had received an _______ to the party. (invite)
IV. Which verb form is correct?
1. a. Passing the kitchen, he stopped drinking/ to drink a large glass of water.
b. They stopped talking/to talk when the teacher walked into the classroom.
2. a. Although she asked him to stop, he went on tapping/ to tap his pen on the table.
b. Dr Harris welcomed the members of the committee and went on
introducing/ to introduce the subject of the meeting.
3. a. I regret telling/ to tell you that the model you want is out of stock.
b. It cost me a fortune, 'but I don't regret spending/ to spend a year travelling around the world.
4. a. Remember checking/ to check your answer before handing in your exam paper.
b. I remember putting/ to put the money in the top drawer, but it's not there now.
5. a. Have you forgotten meeting/ to meet me years ago?
b. Don't forget finding out/ to find out how many people are coming on Saturday.
6. a. I tried getting/ to get the table through the door, but it was too big.
b. I tried taking/ to take some aspirin, but the pain didn't go away.
7. a. He needs working/ to work harder if he wants to make progress.
b. It's difficult problem. It needs thinking/ to think about very carefully.
8. a. I think Nick meant breaking/ to break that glass. It didn't look like an accident.
b. If we want to get there by 7. 00, that means getting/ to get up before 5. 00.
9. a. Can you help me getting/ to get the dinner ready?
b. He looks so funny. Whenever I see him, I can't help smiling/ to smile
10. a. I'd advise taking/ to take more exercise.
b. I'd advise you taking/ to take more exercise.
V. Put the verb into correct form infinitive, to-infinitive, or -ing.
1. You shouldn't let your children_______ (play) with matches. It's very easy_______ (catch) fire.
2. I enjoy______ (be) busy. I don't like it when there is nothing_____ (do)
3. Let's hurry! We must finish_______ (paint) the office before 3:00 today.
4. As we don't agree _______ (carry out) a proposal we generally avoid _______ (discuss) the subject.
5. I don't mind_______ (remind) you _______ (lock) the door but you'd better _______ (try) _______ (remember) on your own.
6. Please stop_______ (interrupt) when I'm explaining something to you. You can_______ (ask) questions at the end.
7. He admitted_______ (enter) the house but refused (steal) the money.
8. I don't really fancy_______ (spend) my whole holiday with your cousins. I'd rather _______ (spend) my time with you.
9. We had hoped_______ (finish) the project by the end of the month but we keep_______ (delay) by changes in the plans.
10. You'd better_______ (go) and see the boss and say what you've done. If you put off _______ (explain) it to her, she'll only more annoyed.
11. No that's not what I meant______ (say). How can I make you _______ (understand)?
12. Those shirts need_______ (iron),but you don't need _______ (iron) them now.
13. Are we permitted_______ (bring) guests to the ceremony? I'd like _______ (invite) my friend to join us.
14. Children shouldn't be allowed_______ (catch) violent programs on TV. Parents should encourage their children_______ (watch) educational programs.
15. It's no use _______ (try) ______ (persuade) her _______ (change) her mind. Spend your time _______ (do) something more worthwhile.
VI. Choose the correct answer.
1. I don't mind _______ late, if it will help at all.
a. to work b. to be work c. working d. being working
2. I remember _______ to the zoo when I was a child.
a. to take b. to be taken c. taking d. being talking
3. We managed _______ over the wall without ________.
a. to climb/ seeing b. climbing/ being seen
c. to climb/ being seen d. to be climbed/ seeing
4. Isabel expected _______ to the university, but she wasn't.
a. to admit b. to be admitted c. admitting d. being admitted
5. The city council agreed _______ the architect's proposed design for a new parking garage.
a. to accept b. to be accepted c. accepting d. being accepted
6. The tin opener seems for _______ left-handed people.
a. to design b. to be designed c. designing d. being desigried
7. My parents appreciate _______ the thank-you note you sent them.
a. to receive b. to be received c. receiving d. being received
8. When the police first questioned him, Wayne denied _______ in the robbery.
a. to involve b. to be involved c. involving d. being involved
9. Many reliable methods of storing information tended _______ when computers arrived.
a. to forget b. to be forgotten c. forgetting d. being forgotten
10. The police warned everybody ______ inside with their windows closed.
a. to stay b. to be stayed c. staying d. being stayed
11. She resented _______ to make tea for everyone at the meeting.
a. to ask b. to be asked c. asking d. being asked
12. Let's leave early. We can't risk _____ in heavy traffic during rush hour.
a. to hold up b. to be held up c. holding up d. being held up
13. After their children had grown up, they decided _______ to a condominium in the city.
a. to move b. to be moved c. moving d. being moved
14. The new students hope _____ in many of the school's social activities.
a. to include b. to be included c. including d. being included
15. Does Dr Johnson mind _______ at home if his patients need his help?
a. to call b. to be called c. calling d. being called
VII. Write the sentence, using the given cues.
1. She/ not stand/ kept/ wait/ such/ long time//
2. America/ said/ discovered/ 1498/ Columbus//
3. I/ have/ air-conditioner/ fix/ tomorrow//
4. She/ decide/ go back/ shop/ buy/ long dress//
5. I/ pleased/ hear/ you/ offer/ job/ assistant manager//
6. It/ worth/ try/ make/ change/ her mind//
7. There/ no point/ persuade/ her/ go/ us//
8. We'd prefer/ play tennis/ rather/ watch/ it/ TV//
9. I/ just/ finish/ read/ long novel/ write/ Arthur Hailey//
10. I/ regret/ inform/ you/ your application/ refused//
VIII. Complete each of the sentences with an appropriate preposition.
1. We are having a big party ______ our twenty-fifthwedding anniversary.
2. It's Jane's farewell party _______ Friday night.
3. He blew _______ all 60 candles _______ his birthday cake.
4. We don't know what to give Dad _______ Christmas.
5. People usually give cards and gift _______ the anniversary couple.
6. If you carry ______ spending money like that, you'll end _____ in debt.
7. We've invited all the neighbors _______ our party.
8. He bought her a diamond ring ______ their tenth wedding anniversary.
9. The whole family showed _______ for our anniversary celebration.
10. There are some games _______ the party. Would you join _______ enthusiastically?
IX. Complete the second sentence so that it has similar meaning to the first.
1. We expect the government to propose changes to the taxation system.
Changes to the taxation system
2. He couldn't play well in the last match because of his injured knee.
His injured knee made
3. You can try to get Jim to lend you his car, but you won't succeed.
There's no point
4. Supermarkets started to sell fresh pasta only in 1990s.
5. He wished he had invited her to his birthday party.
6. Mastering a second language takes time and patience.
7. I prefer having dinner at home to going out for dinner.
8. After four years abroad, Mr. Brown returned home as an excellent engineer.
After Mr. Brown
9. It won't be difficult to get a ticket for the game.
You won't have any
10. Driving on the left is strange and difficult for Americans.
X. Read the passage carefully, then decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F).
When you go to the party in Atlantica, don't bring a gift. If you do so, our hosts will believe that you think they are poor.
Never arrive on time in Atlantica. Come one or two hours late because your hosts will not be on time themselves. In Atlantica, all schedules (even airline schedules) run on 'elastic time'.
At dinner time, eat only what the hosts serve you. If you ask for something special, the host try to get what you want, even if they have to go out to the store that evening. And never look at the other guests while you eat. Instead, look down at your food. Use a spoon for all food, even hard foods like fried meat.
1. Bringing a small present is something you should do when you're invited to a party in Atlantica.
2. Never be late to the party in Atlantica.
3. ‘Elastic time' probably means that schedules in Atlantica are not exact.
4. Don't ask your hosts for something special to eat.
5. Don't use spoon to eat hard foods like fried meat.
XI. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c, or d- that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
If you are invited to someone's house for dinner in the United States, you should (1) _______ a gift, such as a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates. If you give your host a (2) _______ gift, he/she may open it in front of you. Opening a present in front of the gift-giver is considered (3) _______. It shows that the host is excited about receiving the gift and wants to show his/her (4) ______ to you immediately. (5) _____ the host doesn't like it, he/she will tell a "(6) _____ lie" and say how much they like the gift to prevent the guest from feeling bad. If your host asks you to arrive at a particular time, you should not arrive (7) _______ on time or earlier than the (8) _______ time, because this is considered to be potentially inconvenient and (9) _______ rude, as the host may not be (10) _______.
1. a. take
2. a. unwanted
3. a. rude
4. a. appreciation
5. a. Since
b. Only if
c. Even if
6. a. great
7. a. gradually
8. a. expected
9. a. however
10. a. willing
XII. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answer.
Going to party can be fun and enjoyable. If you are invited to a party, do call your host up early to inform him! her of whether you are going. If you want to bring someone who has not been invited along with you, you should ask for permission first. Remember to dress appropriately for the
party. You will stick out like a sore thumb if you are dressed formally whereas everyone else is in T-shirt and jeans. If you are not sure what to wear, do ask your host.
During the party you may perhaps like to help your host by offering to serve drinks or wash the dishes. Your host would certainly appreciate these efforts. If you happen to be in a party you do not know anyone, do not try to monopolize the host's attention. This is inconsiderate since your
host has many people to attend to and can not spend all his/ her time with you. Instead, learn to mingle with others at the party. You could try breaking the ice by introducing yourself to someone who is friendly-looking.
Before you leave the party, remember to thank your host first. If you have the time, you could even offer to help your host clean up the place.
1. If you are invited to a party, you should ________.
a. take someone with you
b. ask for your parents' permission first
c. bring a small gift
d. call to confirm your arrival
2. According to the passage, if you are dressed differently from everybody at the party, _________.
a. you will make people notice you
b. people may be attached to you
c. you will feel uncomfortable
d. you shouldn't pay attention to your clothes
3. What should you do if you are in a party?
a. Talk to your host as much as possible.
b. Move around and. talk to other guests.
c. Try to break the ice up.
d. Just make friends with friendly-looking people.
4.The phrase 'break the ice' means ________.
a. make friends b. attract people's attention
c. make people feel more relaxed d. establish a relationship
5. Which of the following is not true according to the passage?
a. You shouldn't bring someone who hasn't been invited along with you to a party.
b. You should help your host with the wash-up or clean-up.
c. You shouldn't be very clearly different from everyone at the party.
d. You shouldn't leave without showing your gratitude to your host.
XIII. Choose the correct answer to fil in each blank
1. Today the Wilsons are having a party to ____________- the success of their eldest daughter.
2. Candles were _____________, the friends sang a song to Mike’s birthday.
A. put out
B. blown out
C. turned off
C. got down
3. the 40th ______________ of the liberation of the city was held in the square.
4. Wedding aniversary are to ___________ the milestones of a happy and lasting realtionship between married couples.
5. After the party, Jane had to ____________ the mess by herself.
A. get off
B. tidy up
C. push away
D. make out
(Tải tài liệu để xem lời giải chi tiết)
Trên đây là Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 3: A party có đáp án. Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh xem thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh cơ bản, Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 11 tại đây: Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit năm học 2022 - 2023. Chúc các em học sinh lớp 11 học tập hiệu quả.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 11 các môn năm 2022 - 2023.