Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 5 Unit 8: What are you doing - Lesson 2
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 5
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 5 Unit 8: What are you doing - Lesson 2 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 5 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
By the end of this unit, pupils can
- use the words and phrases related to the topic Favourite
- ask and answer questions about what story/book someone is reading, using What are you reading?I’m reading ...
2. Skills: Develop Ps speaking and listening skills
3. Language focus: Vocabulary and structures: review
II. Teaching aids:
- Teacher’s: student’s and teacher’s book, pictures, cassette.
- Students’: books, notebooks, workbooks.
III. Teaching processes:
1. Class organization:
2. Oral test:
3. New leson:
I. Warm up: Spend a few minutes having the class play Bingo, using the titles of books/stories learnt in Lesson 1. Then ask pupils to ask and answer questions about what they are reading, using. What are you reading? I’m reading ...
II. New lesson:
1. Look, listen and repeat
-Tell the class that they are going to read about Mai and Quan. Ask them to look at the pictures, listen and repeat the lines in the bubbles.
-Point to the pictures and ask these questions: Who are they? Where are they? What are they doing
-Play the recording all the way through for the class to listen and follow in their books. Play it again for them to repeat line by line.
-Check their understanding of the story.
2. Point and say
- Tell the class that they are going to practise Tell the class that they are going to practise asking and answering questions about what the character of a book/story is like, using What’s ... like? He’s/She’s ...
-Have pupils look at the pictures and teach them to say the words under each picture. Get them to practise the question What’s ... like? using the names under the pictures. Then have them practise saying the answers, using the given adjectives.
-Point to the first picture and ask What’s An Tiem like? for the class to answer He’s hard-working. Repeat the same procedure with the rest of the pictures.
-Ask them to practise in pairs. Monitor the activity and offer help, if necessary.
- Select some pairs to act out the exchanges.
- Tell the class that they are going to practise further by asking and answering questions about books/stories they like reading.
-Get them to work in pairs, using the questions and answers in their books.
-Set a time limit for them to practise. Monitor the activity and offer help, if necessary.
-Select some pairs to act out their exchanges in front of the class. Then give feedback.
- Summary the lesson
- Do exercises in workbook, learn by heart the new words
-Play the game
- Look at the pictures and answer:
-Mai and Quan are at school.
-In Picture a, Mai asks Quan what he’s reading and he answers Aladdin and the Magic Lamp.
-In Picture b, Quan says the main character is a boy called Aladdin.
-In Picture c, Mai continues to ask What’s he like? and Quan answers I think he’s generous.
-In Picture d, Quan says Mai can borrow the book when he finishes it.)
- Listen and repeat
- Do as directed
- Listen and copy
+ Listen and repeat
+ Groups, individuals
- Listen and copy
- Do as directed
- Work in pairs
- Some pairs perform in front of class
- Listen to the teacher