Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 5 Unit 9: What did you see at the zoo - Lesson 2
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 5
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 5 Unit 9: What did you see at the zoo - Lesson 2 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 5 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
1. Knowledge: By the end of this unit, pupils can
- use the words and phrases related to the topic Animals at the zoo.
- askand answer questions about what animals did in the zoo, using What did the ... do when you were there? They ...
2. Skills: Develop Ps speaking and listening skills.
3. Language focus:
- Vocabulary: quickly, quietly, roar, swan…
- Structures: What did the ... do when you were there? They ...
II. Teaching aids:
- Teacher’s: student’s and teacher’s book, pictures, cassette.
- Students’: books, notebooks, workbooks.
III. Teaching processes:
I. Warm up: Spend a few minutes revising the previous lesson by having the class sing the song
What did you see at the zoo? Invite a group to do actions in front of the class during the singing.
II. New lesson:
1. Look, listen and repeat
• Tell the class that they are going to read a story about Nam and Phong.
• Have them look at the pictures and check their comprehension by pointing at each picture and eliciting their answers to these questions: What are they talking about? Guess what the pythons/the lions/the pandas did at the zoo.
• Play the recording all the way through for pupils to listen and follow in their books. Play it again for them to repeat each line.
2Point and say
• Tell the class that they are going to practise the question and answer What did the ... do when you were there? They ...
• Revise the past simple forms of the verbs: roar (roared), move (moved) and eat (ate), and teach the adverbs. Remind them that adverbs take an -ly ending. Have them practise saying the question What did the ... do when you were there? with the names of the animals under the pictures.
• Then point to each picture and ask the question for them to practise saying the answer with the verb phrase.
• Ask pupils to work in pairs. Monitor the activity and offer help, if necessary.
• Invite one or two pairs to ask and answer the questions.
• - Tell the class that they are going to practise further by asking and answering the questions in their books. If you want to add variety, you can invite them to imagine they are in different schools and give different answers. Tell them to make their own timetables before practising.
• Set a time limit for pupils to practise. Monitor the activity and offer help, if necessary.
• Invite two or three pairs to act out their conversations. Then give feedback.
- Summary the lesson
- Do exercises in workbook, learn by heart the new words
- Sing the song
- Look at the pictures and answer:
• Nam and Phong are talking at school.
• In Picture a, Phong says that he went to the zoo last week and it was great.
• In Picture b, Nam asks What did the lions do when you were there? and Phong answers They roared loudly.
• In Pictures c and d, Phong continues to talk about other animals and says I saw a python too. It moved really quietly. And I saw two pandas. They were really cute and did things slowly.)
- Listen and repeat
- Do as directed
- Listen and copy
+ Listen and repeat
+ Groups, individuals
- Listen and copy
- Do as directed
- Work in pairs
- Some pairs perform in front of class
- Listen to the teacher