Đề thi giữa kì 2 lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh năm 2019 - 2020
Đề thi tiếng Anh lớp 9 giữa học kì 2
Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi giữa kì 2 tiếng Anh lớp 9 năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 9 giữa học kì 2 được biên tập bám sát nội dung SGK tiếng Anh Unit 7 - Unit 9 lớp 9 chương trình mới giúp các em ôn tập kiến thức trọng tâm hiệu quả.
Lưu ý: Nếu không tìm thấy nút Tải về bài viết này, bạn vui lòng kéo xuống cuối bài viết để tải về.
I. Complete the short conversations below with phrases/questions from the box.
A. Do you know coconut is a basic ingredient in curries
B. And what are the other three
C. What language is he good at
D. he's not good at English
E. Official language
1. A: English is one of the four official language in Singapore.
B: (1) ____________________________________________ ?
B: (2) ____________________________________________ ?
A: They are Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil.
A: (3) ________ ?
B: Yeah, in many kinds of curries.
A: If he's good at English, he can get the job
B: But if (4) ________________________________?
A: (5) ________________________________?
B: He's good at Russian.
II. Choose the best option for each gap to complete the sentences.
6. The paintings___ Mr. Brown has in his house are worth around £100,000.
7. ____is visiting important and historic places in a city or an area as a tourist.
8. All____ must complete a visa form upon arrival at Singapore airport.
9. The garlic sausage is also sold pre-packed in__ .
10. ___ people never seem to put on weight, while others are always on a diet.
11. Travellers are advised to find an alternative___ during road repairs.
12. All food products should carry a list of __________ on the packet.
13. Traditionally, an "English breakfast" is a large cooked breakfast usually _____ bacon and eggs, toast, bake beans, black pudding, and tea or coffee.
A. making of
C. consisting of
D. existing of
14. If you want to stay slim and healthy, you ________reduce the amount of fast food you eat every day.
15. I have____ older brother and younger sister
A. an... a
B. an... an
D. a... an
III. Use the correct form of the words given in brackets to complete the sentences.
16. This beefsteak is not (TENDERNESS) _______enough for my grandmother to eat.
17. This poem is written in simple English, which is immediately (ACCESS)_______ to our students.
18. This area, which is an important natural (PRESERVATION)_______ , is attracting more and more European (TOUR)_______ .
19. A (LINGUAL)_______ person is someone who can speak and use several different languages.
20. Adults often like hot, (SPICE)_______ foods, whereas children usually prefer mild ones.
IV. Choose the best option (A, B, C, or D) for each numbered gap to complete the passage.
What is tasty is not always healthy. Doctors say that chips and pizzas are (21) _______ , fizzy soft drinks damage our teeth, and coffee shortens our lives. If we eat (22) _______ much, we'll become obese, and obesity leads to heart disease, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Unfortunately the world today is (23) _______fatter and fatter.
Lack of exercise is another serious problem. We spend hours in front of our computers and TV sets. (24)_____ of us do morning exercises. We walk (25)_____ because we prefer to use cars or public transport. Research shows, however, that young people who don't do enough exercise often suffer from heart attacks later in life.
It's common knowledge that smoking and drinking can shorten our lives (26) _____. Cigarette-smoking, for example, kills millions of people every year. Many of them die (27) _____ lung cancer. Yet many young people still smoke and drink. Why? One (28)_____ is that tobacco and drinks companies invest enormous (29) ____ of money in advertising their products. For them, cigarettes and alcoholic drinks mean monney. For us, they mean disease and even death.
We all know that the healthier we are, the better we feel. The better we feel, the longer we live. So why not (30)____ ourselve?
|21. A. fat||B. fatty||C. fattening||D. fattened|
|22. A. so||B. too||C. very||D. also|
|23. A. getting||B. making||C. being||D. turning|
|24. A. Few||B. A few||C. All||D. Many|
|25. A. little||B. less||C. least||D. more|
|26. A. absolutely||B. extremely||C. intensively||D. dramatically|
|27. A. about||B. in||C. from||D. with|
|28. A. solution||B. answer||C. reply||D. response|
|29. A. numbers||B. totals||C. figures||D. sums|
|30. A. care for||B. look for||C. take care of||D. pay attention to|
V. Read the passage and choose the correct answer to each of the questions.
The price of holidays can fluctuate a great deal throughout the year, so you can save a lot if you are flexible with your travel dates and avoid peak holiday times. It can be also cheaper if you book well in advance. Before your departure, make sure you get as much information about your destination as you can. Find out if you require any special visas or permits to travel there. Think about spending money as well. Will you be able to access your own money easily enough or will you need to take cash with you? Think about eating larger lunches and smaller evening meals to help your money go further, as lunch is generally cheaper. Make sure that you keep sufficient identification with you at all times. It may also help to email a copy of your passport details to yourself, in case it is lost or stolen. Label your suitcases clearly so that they can be easily identified as yours.
It can be useful to store a copy of your itinerary in a prominent place in your suitcase so that the airline will know where to find you if your luggage gets lost. Be sure to pack any medication or other essential items in your hand luggage. If your flight is delayed, or your luggage is lost, these can be difficult to obtain in an airport or foreign country.
31. Which can be the best title for the passage?
A. Travel procedures
B. Travel advice
C. How to adjust travel dates
D. Protect your luggage
32. Which one of these is NOT advisable according to the passage?
A. Research your destination
B. Always bring identification
C. Apply for visas if necessary
D. Save money by cutting out dinner
33. According to the passage, your luggage should be ________.
A. stored in a safe place
B. tagged in case of being lost
C. packed with your passport
D. painted a bright colour
34. The underlined word ‘it’ refers to your ________.
35. It can be inferred from the passage that____ .
A. travelling may cost more in peak season
B. you must always take cash with you
C. larger lunches cost more than smaller ones
D. you can't get back your lost luggage overseas
VI. Complete the second sentence in each pair so that it has a similar meaing to the first sentence.
36. The receptionist gave me very useful information
37. She teaches English at our school.
She is_________________________________________ .
38. I'm not good at cooking, so I can't become a chef.
39. "Can you help me wash the dirty dishes?" said Tim.
Tim asked me__________________________________
40. You should ride your bike carefully, or you may have an accident.
If you __________________________________________
|1 - E||2 - B||3 - A||4 - D||5 - C|
|6 - B||7 - B||8 - D||9 - A||10 - D|
|11 - C||12 - D||13 - C||14 - B||15 - A|
|16 - tender||17 - accessible||18 - preserve - tourists||19 - multilingual||20 - spicy|
|21 - C||22 - B||23 - A||24 - A||25 - B|
|26 - D||27 - C||28 - B||29 - D||30 - C|
|31 - B||32 - D||33 - B||34 - C||35 - A|
36 - The information (that/which) the receptionist gave me was very useful.
37 - She is an English teacher at our school.
38 - If I were was good at cooking, I could become a chef
39 - Tim asked me to help him wash the dirty dishes.
40 - If you don't ride your bike carefully, you may/might have an accident.
Trên đây là Đề thi tiếng Anh giữa học kì 2 lớp 9 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập tiếng Anh 9 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 9, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9, Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.