Choose the correct answer.
1. The wai is the traditional __________ of people in Thailand.
2. When two Maori people meet, they ________ each other’s noses.
3. Do you know the __________ way to welcome people in Tibet?
4. The Xoe dance is a spiritual ________ of Thai ethnic people.
5. In Vietnam you shouldn’t use only the first name to ________ people older than you.
6. We are going to prepare _________ sticky rice served with grilled chicken for the celebration.
7. A tradition is something special that is __________ through the generations.
8. According to the _________ in England, we have to use a knife and fork at dinner.
9. We have to ___________ our shoes when we go inside a pagoda.
10. In Australia, you shouldn’t ____________ on a person’s accent.
Choose the word whose the underlined part is pronounced differently.
Read the passage and answer the question.
There are a lot of ceremonies in Indian weddings. An Engagement ceremony is part of the wedding ceremonies. In this ceremony, the bride and groom give rings to each other and the families give sweets and gifts to one another. The Mehendi ceremony is another ceremony before the wedding ceremony. In this time, people decorate the bride’s arms, legs, wrists and feet.
On the big day, the bride and the groom put flowers around each other’s necks in the Varmana Ceremony to show that they are married.
In Malaysia, a groom may send his future bride such presents as trays of food with origami flowers with the hope that she will give birth to many children. Hindu traditions add interesting things to the ceremony. The bride and groom feed each other yellow rice. At the ceremony, each guest may receive a hard-boiled to show that every one can have babies.