Đề thi tiếng Anh trình độ C có đáp án số 3
Đề ôn thi chứng chỉ C1 C2 châu Âu có đáp án
Đề thi trình độ C tiếng Anh có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi trình độ C1 trình độ C2 theo khung tham chiếu ngôn ngữ chung Châu Âu do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh tổng hợp những kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm trình độ C giúp bạn đọc ôn tập hiệu quả.
Paper 1 READING COMPREHENSION
Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence
1) Even by modern standards, the 46,000-ton Titanic was a … ship.
2) The order to abandon ship was given and hundreds of people … into the icy water.
3) Wherever it went, the Puma left behind it a … of dead deer and small animals like rabbits.
4) Although the archaeologists were able to reconstruct the fragments of the statue, they have been unable to discover her …
5) All the articles of jewellery were beautifully arranged on a … of black velvet.
6) In spite of lengthy discussions between the Unions and Management, closure became … because of the cancellation of several major orders.
7) The journalist informed … while carrying out his instructions.
A/ his arrest to the editor
B/ the editor his arrest
C/ the editor that his arrest had been
D/ the editor of his arrest
8) Up to the time of his death, Richard Colson was one of the most notable … in our town.
9) Recognizing who the customer was, the manager was most apologetic and … the assistant severely.
10) He tried to join the army but he was … because of his poor health.
A/ tried out
B/ put out
C/ turned off
D/ turned down
11) Where … all this morning? It’s nearly midday.
A/ were you
B/ are you
C/ have you been
D/ are you being
12) I will do anything but … the dishes.
B/ to wash
D/ will wash
13) … you mention it, I do remember the accident.
A/ If only
B/ Now that
C/ No matter
D/ So that
14) We’re late. I expect the film … by the time we get to the theatre.
A/ have started
B/ will start
C/ will be starting
D/ will have started
15) … will Mr. Brown be able to regain control of the company.
A/ With hard work
B/ In spite of his hard work
C/ Only if he works hard
D/ Only with hard work
16) Having been asked to speak at the conference, ….
A/ some notes were prepared for Dr. Clark.
B/ some notes were prepared by Dr. Clark.
C/ Dr. Clark prepared some notes.
D/ the members were pleased to hear Dr. Clark.
17) I remember … him say the grass needed ….
A. hearing/ cutting
B. hearing / to cut
C. to hear / to be cut
D. to hear / cutting
18) I wish you … me a new one instead of having it … as you did.
A. would give/ to repair
B. gave / to repair
C. had given / to be repaired
D/ had given / repaired
19) The boy could not find his sixpence anywhere … get his arm out.
A/ nor could he
B/ nor he could
C/ neither he could
D/ either he could not
20) Had he not been so busy taking the diamonds, he … the blow.
A/ would feel
B/ had been feeling
C/ had felt
D/ would have left
Read the following passage carefully, then choose the best answer to each question.
Ever since humans have inhabited the earth, they have made use of various forms of communication. Generally, this expression of thoughts and feelings has been in the form of oral speech. When there is a language barrier, communication is accomplished through sign language in which motions stand for letters, words, and ideas. Tourists, the deaf, and the mute have had to resort to this form of expression. Many of these symbols of whole words are very picturesque and exact and can be used internationally, spelling, however, cannot.
Body language transmits ideas or thoughts by certain actions, either intentionally or unintentionally. A wink can be a way of flirting or indicating that the party is only joking. A nod signifies approval, while shaking the head indicates a negative reaction.
Other forms of nonlinguistic language can be found in Braille (a system of raised dots read with the fingertips), signal flags, Morse code, and smoke signals. Road maps and picture signs also guide, warn and instruct people.
While verbalization is the most common form of language, other systems and techniques also express human thoughts and feelings.
21) Which of the following best summarizes this passage?
A/ When language is a barrier, people will find other forms of communication.
B/ Everybody uses only one form of communication.
C/ Nonlinguistic language is invaluable to foreigners.
D/ Although other forms of communication exist, verbalization is the fastest.
22) Which of the following statements is not true?
A/ There are many forms of communication in existence today.
B/ Verbalization is the most common form of communication.
C/ The deaf and mute use an oral form of communication.
D/ Ideas and thoughts can be transmitted by body language.
23) Which form other than oral speech would be the most commonly used among blind people?
A/ picture sings
C/ body language
D/ signal flags
24) Sign language is said to be very picturesque and exact and can be used internationally except for …
C/ whole words
25) In the passage the word VERBALIZATION most nearly means …
A/ the expressions of human thoughts and feelings in the form of written words.
B/ the transmission of ideas and thoughts by certain actions.
C/ putting ideas and feelings into words.
D/ communication accomplished through sign language.
Paper 2 WRITING
SECTION A USE OF ENGLISH
A/ Fill each of the numbered blanks in the following passage. Use only ONE word in each space.
BEWARE OF THE BULL
A friend and I had arranged to spend a whole Sunday taking a long walk in the country. We set (26) … on an early train, each carrying a heavy bag (27) … with sandwiches, cakes, fruit, and bottles of lemonade. I wondered how two people would be able to finish it all.
Soon we had (28) … behind the smoky air of the city and had reached the country station where our walk was to begin. We were lucky (29) … the sun was shining and there was a gentle breeze to make it just right for walking.
We decided to go on a walk called the Four Mile Square, it has four equal sides, (30) … about four miles in length and on a map looks (31) … a rough square. It is famous because each side passes through a different kind of country.
We started off in (32) … spirits along the first side, which followed a river, planning to have a swim and our first meal before we left it. (33) … long, we came to a gate near (34) … there was a notice “Beware of the Bull”. We were very annoyed. Our path ran through this field, and, as it was a public foot-path, the farmer had no right to put a dangerous animal in it. “Oh, but it’s all right”, my friend said. “The bull is tied up. Come on”.
I followed, because I could see myself a strong rope (35) … to the ring in its nose at one (36) … and round a large tree at the other. We felt very bold and walked nearer, waving a red handkerchief just to show that we weren’t afraid.
The bull began to walk towards us and didn’t stop. “He seems to have a long rope” I said, walking more quickly. The bull, too, was walking more quickly. Then, at the same moment, we both saw that the rope was (37) … and without another word, we began to run.
We were (38) … way across the field, but it didn’t take us long to reach the gate again. We jumped over, very much out of breath and looked back to see the bull quietly examining a bag of food. “That was a clever trick of mine, (39) … it?” said my friend, “I dropped the food on (40) … to draw away the bull’s attention”.
“No”, I cried, “it was not clever! I dropped mine accidentally”.
B/ GUIDED SENTENCE BUILDING
Build a complete sentence with the given words.
41) There / be / increase / road / accident / in / last / years.
42) Mr. Green / take / charge / office / while / director / away / vacation.
43) He / furious / me / not invite / party / Sunday.
44) Rain / every day / so / have / spend / most / time / indoors.
45) He / show / photograph / hotel / stay / during / holiday.
46) In / opinion / violent films / should not / show / television.
47) you / know / Linda / engage / friend / mine?
48) If / smoke / there / greater chance / you / die / lung cancer.
49) accident / fault / so / I / pay / damage.
50) you / borrow / book / if / promise / keep / clean.
C/ Rewrite each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed above it.
51) There was never any answer when we rang.
Every time ………………….
52) I can meet you if you arrive before eleven.
So long as …………………..
53) When Einstein was 26 years old, he began to research on the theory of relativity.
54) Mary said that what happened was Jim’s fault.
Mary blamed Jim ……………………..
55) Mr. Clark bought a new car although we advised him against it.
|1 (A)||2 (C)||3 (C)||4 (B)||5 (C)||6 (B)||7 (D)|
|8 (D)||9 (C)||10 (D)||11 (C)||12 (A)||13 (B)||14 (D)|
|15 (D)||16 (C)||17 (A)||18 (D)||19 (A)||20 (D)||21 (A)|
|22 (C)||23 (B)||24 (A)||25 (C)|
|26) off/out||27) filled||28) left||29) because|
|30) each||31) like||32) high||33) before|
|34) which||35) tied||36) end||37) broken|
|38) half||39) wasn’t||40) purpose|
41) There has been an increase in road-accidents in the last few years.
42) Mr. Green took charge of the office while the director was away on his vacation.
43) He was furious at me for not inviting / for not having invited him to the party last Sunday. (He was furious at me because I hadn’t invited him to … Sunday).
44) It rained every day so we had to spend most of our time indoors.
45) He showed me the photograph of the hotel where he had stayed during his holiday.
46) In my opinion, violent films should not be shown on television.
47) Do you know that Linda is engaged / has just got engaged to a friend of mine?
48) If you smoke, there is a greater chance that you will die of lung cancer.
49) The accident was my fault so I had to pay for the damage.
50) You can borrow the book if you promise to keep it clean.
51) Every time we rang, there wasn’t any answer.
52) So long as you arrive before eleven, I can meet you.
53) At the age of 26, Einstein began to rescarch on the theory of relativity.
54) Mary blamed Jim for what had happened.
55) Despite our advice, Mr. Clark bought a new car.
Trên đây là Đề thi thử tiếng Anh chứng chỉ C có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh từ cơ bản đến nâng cao khác như: Ôn tập Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh, Luyện thi Tiếng Anh trực tuyến, luyện thi chứng chỉ B1, luyện thi chứng chỉ B2,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.