Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 11: Travelling around Viet Nam - Lesson 2
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 11: Travelling around Viet Nam - Lesson 2 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 8 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
1. Aims: At the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to:
Use “Would/Do you mind + V-ing, Do/would you mind if ....” to request and offer
* Vocabulary: Review
- Would/Do you mind + V-ing?
- Do/would you mind if ...?
3. Skills: Speaking, listening and writing.
1. Teacher: Lesson plan, poster, cassetle, tape.
2. Students: The way to use “mind” in requests and reply.
1. Warmer: (5’) Network
Can/Could you ......? Will/Would you...?
Would you like ......? What can I get for you?
2. New lesson:
I. PRE-SPEAKING: (10’) Expressions
Hoa: Would you mind sitting in the front seat of the taxi?
Mr. Jones: No problem
Tim: Would you mind if I took a photo?
Hoa: Not at all.
- Asks Ss to read the dialogue again and makes the question: What did Hoa request Mr. Jones?/ What did Tim request Hoa?
- Elicits the meaning, use, structure from Ss.
- Asks Ss to compare: Would you mind with Would you mind if
II. WHILE-SPEAKING: (15’)
- Elicits the language from Ss and provides Ss with cues.
- Makes the model first and instructs Ss to change the information, using the cues.
- Asks Ss to use the information on P.101. and practise giving their ideas in pairs.
- Asks Ss to show their ideas to the front.
- Corrects if neccessary.
III. POST-SPEAKING: (8’) Listening
- Hang up the map on page 102 on the board and introduces the task.
- Plays the tape for Ss to listen twice.
- Gets feedback.
- Asks Ss to listen again and check their answer.
- Gives correct answer.
+ ask someone to do something:
- Do/Would you mind + V-ing....?
+ ask if you want to do something:
- Would you mind if I + Vpast +..........?
- Do you mind if I + V- inf. +..........?
*) Reply: (Page. 100)
- Read the dialogue and answer the questions individually.
- Give the meaning, use, structure, and then make the way to use them clearer.
- Share their ideas and copy down.
- Work with teacher and focus on the language.
- Make the model with teacher first and build up their conversations through the cues.
- Practise giving their ideas, changing the information at P.101
- Practice in pairs before class.
- Correct themselves.
- Listen to teacher.
- Listen to the tape.
- Give answer.
- Listen and check.
- Check the answer with teacher.
* Consolidation: (4’)
Asks Ss to use “Would you mind or Would you mind if” to make requests and offers in classroom situations.
- Asks Ss to do exercise 3-P.66 (workbook) at home.
- Asks Ss to prepare: Read (P.102)
- Vocabulary: Oceanic Institute (N), offshore islands (N), Eternal Spring (n), tribal village (N), mountain slopes (N), limestone (N)