Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9: Consolidation 5
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9: Consolidation 5 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
A/ Aims and objectives: Ss can know about their knowledge they have learnt in Grade 9.
B/ Teaching aids: Paper, pens, chalk
I/ Supply the correct tense form of the verbs in parentheses
- My father (come) home late last night.He (not get) up yet.
- I hope you (have) a good time at the picnic tomorrow.You (take) the fishing- rods along?
- Mary (study) hard in her room now.She hopes (be) a doctor when she grows up.
- While he (write) a letter,the telephone (ring).
II / Complete the sentences with appropriate words in parentheses
- He bought a lot of things:notebooks,pens, ……. pencils from the shop.
(but, or, and, so)
- It was raining hard,………... we could not go on a picnic as planned.
(however, but, because, so)
- Tommy suggested …….. a pairs of shoes for Dad on his birthday.
(buying, buy, to buy, bought)
- The children laughed ……... when they were watching a comic
(happiness, happy, happily, unhappy)
- If it continues to rain,I think we …… home and watch TV.
(would stay, will stay, used to stay, stay)
- There is too much traffic …....,the air is polluted.
(however,since, therefore, but)
- She goes to the library three times a week.She….. reads books there.
(never, often, rarely, once)
- A disastrous volcanic eruption happened in the Philippines....... 1991.
(on, in, at, since)
III/ complete these sentences with the suggested words or phrases
- I really enjoyed the firework.It was displayed on the National Day.(Which)
- Although he had a bad cold,he still went to work in the field. (In spite of )
- “Can you speak English? “Mr Brown asked.(Mr Brown asked me)
- It is a pity.I can not play the piano.(I wish)
IV/ Read the following passage and write True or False after statements
It is now feared that the number of dead people following yesterday’s earthquake could be as high as 3000. Many of the victims died when their homes collapsed. The government has sent many rescue workers to search for survivors who may still be trapped under the fallen walls, although there is no hope that anyone is still alive now
1. The earthquake happened three days ago.
2. The number of people who died could reach 3000.
3. The collapsed houses killed many people.
4. The rescue workers are not working now because there is nobody who is still alive.
V / Listen to a public announcement and decide if these statements are true or false
1. Billy loved pictures when he was small.
2. His mother was good at drawing
3. Billy enjoyed his mother’s picture.
4. He tried to draw a picture of his father and not happy with the picture