Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 5 Unit 8: What are you doing - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 5
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 5 Unit 8: What are you doing - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 5 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
By the end of this unit, pupils can
- use the words and phrases related to the topic Favourite books.
- ask and answer questions about what story/book someone is reading, using What are you reading? I’m reading ...
2. Skills: Develop Ps speaking and listening skills
3. Language focus:
- Sentence Pattern: What are you reading? I’m reading ...
- Vocabulary: ghost, scare, brave….
ii. Teaching aids:
- Teacher’s: student’s and teacher’s book, pictures, cassette.
- Students’: books, notebooks, workbooks.
III. Teaching processes:
1. Class organization:
2. Oral test:
3. New leson:
I. Warm up: Play “jumbled letters” game
II. New lesson:
1. Look, listen and repeat.
-Tell the class that they are going to read a story about Tony and Peter.
-Ask pupils to look at the pictures to identify the characters and the language in the bubbles. Ask them questions such as Who are they? Where are they? What are they doing?
-Explain the meaning of the new words.
-Play the recording all the way through for the class to listen and follow in their books. Play it again for them to do choral and individual repetition, pointing to the characters speaking.
-Check their understanding of the story.
2. Point and say
-Tell the class that they are going to practise asking and answering questions about what book someone is reading, using What are you reading? I’m reading ...
-Have pupils look at the pictures to identify the books/stories. Teach them how to say the titles of the books/stories. Explain the meaning of the new words. Ask them if they have read these stories. If not, briefly tell them the main points of the stories.
-Get the class to practise saying what they are reading, using the titles under the pictures.
-Point to the first picture and introduce the question What are you reading? for the class to answer I’m reading The Fox and the Crow. Repeat the same procedure with the rest of the pictures.
-Ask pupils to practise asking and answering in pairs. Monitor the activity and offer help, if necessary. Select some pairs to role-play the dialogues in front of the class.
3. Let’s talk
-Tell the class that they are going to practise asking and answering questions about what book they are reading.
-Get pupils to work in groups of four and use the questions and answers in their books.
-Set a time limit for them to practise. Monitor the activity and offer help, if necessary.
-Select some pairs to demonstrate their dialogues in front of the class. Then give feedback.
- Recall the main content.
- Do exercises in workbook, learn by heart the new words
- Play the game
- Look at the pictures and answer:
Tony and Peter are in their classroom.
- In Picture a, Tony asks Peter to play chess with him.
- In Pictures b and c, Tony and Peter talk about the book that Peter’s reading. - In Picture d, a black cat is standing on the window sill and the boys are frightened.
- Listen and copy
+ Listen and repeat
+ Groups, individuals
- Do as directed
- Listen and copy
- Do as directed
- Listen to the teacher
- Work in pairs to do the task