Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Phòng GD-ĐT Mỹ Hào, Hưng Yên năm học 2015 - 2016
Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 năm 2016
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Phòng GD-ĐT Mỹ Hào, Hưng Yên năm học 2015 - 2016 với nhiều dạng bài tập hay giúp các em học sinh ôn tập kiến thức hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng thử sức nhé!
PHÒNG GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
HUYỆN MỸ HÀO
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA CHẤT LƯỢNG HỌC KỲ II
Năm học 2015 - 2016
Môn: Tiếng Anh 9
Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút
I. Listen to the passage about biogas and complete the sentences. (1.5 points)
1. Many poor people in developing countries have little _________ or natural gas.
2. People in __________ areas have to gather wood to use as fuel.
3. Biogas is mainly used for ___________ and heating.
4. Biogas helps solve the problem of indoor _________.
5. The use of renewable energy sources in developing countries is __________.
6. In the future, the __________ will be used as the main environmentally friendly energy sources.
II. Choose the best word or phrase to complete the following sentences. Write the answer A, B, C or D on the answer sheet. (3.0 points)
1. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently:
A. energy B. gather C. teenager D. sewage
2. Which word is stressed on the first syllable?
A. occur B. suggest C. collapse D. generous
3. She passed the exam ________ she worked hard.
A. so B. if C. because D. however
4. The baby laughed ________ as she played with her dolls.
A. happy B. happily C. happiness D. as happy
5. Mr. Brown, _______ lives next door to us, is an architect.
A. who B. whom C. that D. which
6. Tom suggested _______ a pair of shoes for Dad on his birthday.
A. to buy B. buys C. bought D. buying
7. They decided to go ________ it was raining heavily.
A. and B. but C. though D. since
8. If you ________ wasting your time, you'll feel sorry about that.
A. go on B. will go on C. went on D. have been going on
9. Remember ________ the lights before you go out.
A. to turn off B. turning off C. to turn on D. turning on
10. Descendants of the Sun is a 2016 South Korean television series ______ Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo, Kim Ji-won and Jin Goo.
A. who starred B. which starring C. starring D. starred
11. Our company wants to take on those who are ______ for the job.
A. available B. useful C. qualified D. good
12. Helen: "Congratulations on your nomination!" - Jane: "_________."
A. What a pity! B. Many thanks C. I'm sorry D. You are welcome
III. (1.5 points) Read the following letter then answer the questions. Write your answers on the answer sheet.
Next week, it's Thanksgiving. This is an important national holiday in the USA which we celebrate on the fourth Thursday in November. Everyone in my family eats all day – I love it! My mother gets up at six o'clock in the morning and she cooks the lunch. I get up at about ten o'clock and help my mother in the kitchen. All of our family usually come for lunch. We have lunch at one o'clock and then play games.
In the afternoon, my father watches football on television. My mother goes for a walk. Here is a photo of our Thanksgiving lunch last year. I hope I will have more to share with you this year.
1. When is Thanksgiving celebrated in the USA?
2. What do they do most during Thanksgiving?
3. What time does Mike's mother get up?
4. Does Mike usually get up early on Thanksgiving?
5. What does Mike's father do in the afternoon on Thanksgiving?
6. Does Mike's mother go for a walk in the afternoon on Thanksgiving?
IV. (1.5 points) Choose the word that best fits the blank space in the following passage. Write the answer A, B, C or D on the answer sheet.
We are all slowly (1)_______ the Earth. The seas and rivers are too dirty to swim in. There is so much smoke in the air that it is unhealthy to live in many of the world's cities. In one well known city, for example, poisonous gases (2) _______ cars pollute the air so much that traffic policemen have to wear oxygen masks. We have cut down (3) _______ trees that there are now vast areas of wasteland all over the world. As a result, farmers in parts of Africa cannot grow enough (4) ________. In certain countries in Asia there is too little rice. Moreover, we do not take enough care of the countryside. Wild animals are quickly disappearing. For instance, tigers are rare in India now because we have killed too many for them. (5)_______, it isn't enough simply to talk about the problem. We must act now before it is too late to do (6)______about it. Join us now. Save the Earth!
1. A. destroyed B. destroying C. destroys D. destroy
2. A. by B. from C. of D. in
3. A. so much B. so few C. so little D. so many
4. A. eating B. for eat C. to eat D. to be eaten
5. A. Therefore B. In addition C. Further more D. However
6. A. anything B. nothing C. everything D. something
V. (1.0 point) Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it. Write your answers on the answer sheet.
1. It's a pity I can't speak Japanese.
I wish .......................................................................................
2. The man is carrying a box. It is really heavy.
The box .................................................................
3. "Are you leaving today or tomorrow morning?" said his wife.
His wife asked ...........................
4. I'll find that man, no matter how long it takes.
VI. (1.5 points) Complete this e-mail of inquiry, using the words/ phrases given.
Subject: English course
1. I / see / school's advertisement / TV / last night.
2. I / interested / learn English / and / I / like / information / school.
3. I / learn / English / four years / but / want / improve / speaking / listening / skills.
4. Could you / send / details / courses / fees?
5. I / can / supply / more information / record of study / if necessary.
6. Look / forward / hear / you / soon.
Vu Minh Hoang Tung
------ THE END ------