250 câu trắc nghiệm từ vựng tiếng Anh có đáp án
250 câu trắc nghiệm từ vựng tiếng Anh
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn 250 câu trắc nghiệm từ vựng tiếng Anh có đáp án do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và biên soạn sẽ là nguồn bổ sung kiến thức hữu ích cho các bạn ôn thi kì thi THPT Quốc gia sắp tới. Phần đáp án ở cuối câu bài tập trắc nghiệm. Các bạn hãy thử sức và đối chiếu nhé. Chúc các bạn ôn thi hiệu quả.
- 50 câu hỏi trắc nghiệm chuyên đề Ngữ pháp - Từ vựng Tiếng Anh (Phần 1)
- 50 Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm chuyên đề ngữ pháp - từ vựng tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN (Phần 2)
- 50 Câu hỏi trắc nghiệm chuyên đề ngữ pháp - từ vựng tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN (Phần 3)
1. The house was burgled while the family was____________ in a card game.
A. buried B. busy C. absorbed D. helping
2. I am sorry that I can't________ your invitation.
A. take B. except C. agree D. accept
3. _________what he says, he wasn't even there when the crime was committed.
A. Following B. According to C. Hearing D. meaning
4. He has impressed his employers considerably and_______ he is soon to be promoted.
A. nevertheless B. accordingly C. yet D. eventually
5. He gave his listeners a vivid________ of his journey through Peru.
A. account B. tale C. communication D. plot
6. Will you be taking my precious experience into_______ when you fix my salary?
A. possession B. account C. mind D. scale
7. The policeman stopped him when he was driving home and________ him of speeding.
A. charged B. accused C. blamed D. arrested
8. His stomach began to___________ because of the bad food he had eaten.
A.pain B. harm C. be hurt D. ache
9. If you_________ money to mine, we shall have enough.
A.add B. combine C. unite D. bank
10. He was full of________ for her bravery.
A. energy B. admiration C. surprise D. pride
11. This ticket__________ one person to the show.
A. permits B. enters C. delivers D. admits
12. The cow had lost its own calf. but the farmer persuaded it to_______ one whose mother had died.
A. choose B. adopt C. undertake D. collect
13. If we__________ the plan you suggest, we are more likely to be successful.
A. elect B. command C. vote D. adopt
14. Science has made great________ during the past 30 years.
A. motions B. advances C. advantages D. opportunities
15. He was a much older tennis player but he had the great________ of experience.
A. advantage B. deal C. value D. profit
16. I had quite__________ on my way to work this morning.
A. an experiment B. an adventure C. a happening D. an affair
17. He always studies the______ in the paper as he wants to find a good second-hand car.
A. advertisements B. publicity C. announcements D. publication
18. On my present salary, I just can't________ a car which costs over $3.000.
A. pretend B. elect C. afford D. adopt
19. The girl's father__________ to buy her a car if she passed her examination.
A. admitted B. accepted C. agreed D. approved
20. They are twins and look very________.
A. alike B. same C. likely D. identical
21. As a result of their________ the three small independent countries felt less afraid of their powerful neighbour.
A. combination B. alliance C. partnership D. union
22. When he was a student, his father gave him a monthly________ towards his expenses.
A. salary B. permission C. allowance D. wage
23. Is anyone_________ to fish in this river?
A. borne B. allowed C. admitted D. passed
24. His_________ had always been to become an architect.
A. study B. ambition C. imagination D. direction
25. The_________ of ice-cream sold increases sharply in the summer months.
A. account B. amount C. number D. size
26. If you are bitten by a poisonous snake. it is necessary to be given an___________ as quickly as possible.
A. analgesic B. antibiotic C. antiseptic D. antidote
27. I' m__________ to get the tickets for the show today, as there are hardly any left.
A. worried B. curious C. anxious D. troubled
28. The child was told to_________ for being rude to his uncle.
A. excuse B. apologize C. punish D. confess
29. He is__________ a very old man but in fact he is only fifty.
A. apparently B. evidently C. obviously D. actually
30. As a result of the radio___________ for help for the earthquake victims, over a million pounds has been raised.
A.appeal B. call C. programme D. advertisement
31. Let me know if any difficulties__________.
A. arise B. come C. rise D. happen
32. Could you please____________ an appointment for me to see Mr. Smith?
A. manage B. arrange C. take D. have
33. The police________ her for helping the murderer to escape.
A. caught B. searched C. brought D. arrested
34. When John__________ in London he went to see the Houses of Parliament.
A. came B. reached C. arrived D. got
35. I read an interesting__________ in a newspaper about farming today.
A. article B. advertisement C. composition D. explanation
36. Students are expected to________ their classes regularly.
A. assist B. frequent C. attend D. present
37. Before you sign anything important, pay careful__________ to all the conditions.
A. notice B. attention C. regards D. reference
38. In the central region the dry season is long and severe, and the_________ annual rainfall is only about 70 cm.
A. refreshing B. general C. average D. greatest
39. The bicycle was moving so fast that its rider could not________ an accident.
A. leave B. avoid C. miss D. overtake
40. As soon as the children were_________, their mother got them out of bed and into the bathroom.
A. woke B. wake C. awake D. waken
41. This__________ is not big enough to cut down a tree.
A. axe B. hammer C. screw D. knife
42. In the market, the merchants___________ and joked with their friends and neighbours.
A. bargained B. gardened C. bearded D. changed
43. He couldn't________ the thought of leaving his home town for ever.
A. think B. bear C. carry D. hold
44. The room was so quiet that she could hear the_________ of her heart.
A. beating B. tapping C. knocking D. striking
45. Through a mixture of greed and intelligence, he has__________ the biggest landowner in the whole district.
A. grown B. developed C. become D. increased
46. The damage done to my house by the fire has now__________.
A. done good B. been made good C. made me good D. been for good
47. The children will not be allowed to come with us if they don't________ themselves better.
A. direct B. behave C. declare D. compose
48. He has adopted three orphans________ his own six children so that, all together, he has nine children to provide for.
A. besides B. except C. beside D. in place of
49. The two scientists disagreed and a___________ argument developed.
A. wet B. bitter C. salty D. sour
50.The weather was__________ the exceptionally poor harvest.
A. blamed for B. condemned for C. accused of D. criticized for
51. If you are so senseless as to go on long walks in tight fitting shoes, you must expect to get_________.
A. scars B. bruises C. blisters D. spots
52. After lunch I felt________ enough to ask my boss for rise.
A. strong B. bold C. encouraged D. bald
53. It is a very popular play, and it would be wise__________ seats well in advance.
A. occupy B. book C. buy D. preserve
54. She began to feel nervous when the train pulled up at the________ between Austria and Yugoslavia.
A. edge B. bar C. border D. division
55. When the bill came, he had to________ money from his brother to pay it.
A. borrow B. lend C. loan D. let
56. The toy boat turned over and sank to the________ of the pool.
A. basis B. bottom C. ground D. depth
57. The ball_________ two or three times before rolling down the slope.
A. bounced B. sprang C. leapt D. skipped
58. The bus ran over the cliff because its_________ failed.
A. brakes B. controls C. gears D. signals
59. The________ of the bank where he worked was not in the centre of the city.
A. seat B. quarter C. branch D. piece
60. Large waves were_________ on the seashore.
A. going B. running C. hitting D. breaking
61._________up children properly is mainly their parents' duty.
A. Rearing B. Breeding C. Raising D. Bringing
62. Several prisoners_________ from their guards and escaped.
A. broke away B. broke out C. broke through D. broke down
63. The specialist was under so much stress that he finally_________.
A. broke off B. broke down C. broke out D. broke in
64. Well-mannered children have usually been properly_______ by their parents.
A. raised up B. borne up C. brought up D. put up
65. The audience waited until the curtain had risen and then________ into applause.
A. flooded B. cheered C. started D. burst
66. When she heard from the hospital the father had died, she_______ into tears.
A. burst B. exploded C. fell D. melted
67. If you put too many potatoes in that paper-bag it will__________.
A. explode B. crack C. burst D. overcrowd
68. Every day thousands of_________ fly the Atlantic for negotiations withAmerican firms.
A. merchants B. dealers C. businessmen D. tradesmen
69. As there was a power cut in the hospital, the surgeon had to________ the operation.
A. call for B. call on C. call off D. call out
70. The book________ two weeks ago.
A. came across B. came by C. came into D. came out
71. The country has a system of________, most of which date from the nineteenth century.
A. channels B. rivers C. streams D. canals
72. As we wait no longer for the delivery of your order, we have to________ it.
A. postpone B. refuse C. return D. cancel
73. He's not________ of learning German in six months.
A. interested B. inclined C. able D. capable
74. Bill doesn't_________ what people say about him.
A. care B. matter C. disturb D. depend
75. Do you mind if I________ with my work while you are getting tea ready?
A. turn to B. carry out C. come on D. carry on
76. He spoke so quickly that I didn’t what he said.
A. receive B. accept C. listen D. catch
77. The flat we have rented is very for the underground station.
A. convenient B. suitable C. comfortable D. distant
78. It isn’t quite that he will be present at the meeting.
A. right B. exact C. certain D. formal
79. If your bicycle comes off, it is almost impossible te put it back on without getting oil on your hands.
A. ring B. belt C. steel D. chain
80. If you ever have the to go abroad to work, you should take it.
A. possibility B. offer C. chance D. event
81. The fog made it difficult for the driver to see when thetraffic lights.
A. adjusted B. moved C. changed D. removed
82. How much would you for repairing my watch?
A. charge B. cost C. spend D. demand
83. He was with murder
A. accused B. charged C. sentenced D. convicted
84. Lawyers often make higher for their work than they should.
A. charges B. prices C. costs D. rents
85. The customs officer didn’t bother to our luggage.
A. control B. check C. discover D. glance
86. Some of the older villagers prefer to tobacco rather than to smoke it.
A. munch B. crunch C. chew D. gnaw
87. The autumn air felt so she went to fetch a coat.
A. cool B. chill C. tepid D. chilly
88. I’m afraid you have no but to come along with us.
A. permission B. choice C. selection D. election
89. Her husband felt it would be silly to the colour of the curtains before they had painted the room.
A. change B. find C. choose D. lose
90. The terrified hunter, in the arms of a huge bear, fought desperately to loosen itsgrip.
A. clutched B. clasped C. grasped D. clinging
91. I shall never manage to beat John at tennis; we are clearly not in the same.
A. set B. band C. class D. order
92. The teacher the harder parts of the story.
A. cleared away B. cleared out C. cleared up D. cleared off
93. The sky looks lighter. I think the weather is.
A. clearing away B. clearing C. bettering D. clearing up
94. He wrote his name and carefully at the top of the paper.
A. largely B. attentively C. obviously D. clearly
95. These trees cannot be grown in such a cold as ours.
A. weather B. climate C. season D. space
96. He took a with him to clean the windscreen of his car.
A. garment B. cloth C. clothing D. towel
97. As the fat man sat down, the deck chair under him, with a loud noise of tearing canvas.
A. fell B. fainted C. sank D. collapsed
98. He always wore a shirt with an open.
A. colour B. tie C. collar D. tail
99. The presently accepted theory of light some of the ideas of both earlier theories.
A. designs B. composes C. reacts D. combines
100. Very few scientists with completely new answers to the world’s problems.
A. come to B. come round C. come up D. come in
101. If you have a to make about the food, I am willing to listen.
A. dislike B. trouble C. complaint D. discontent
102. He said he had every in his secretary; she would do the right thing.
A. belief B. dependence C. knowledge D. confidence
103. She was afraid that unless the train speeded up sle would lose lose her to Scotland.
A. ticket B. seat C. carriage D. connection
104. Tom was a highly teacher who took his duties seriously but he had neither the personality nor ability to achieve much success.
A. conscientious B. efficient C. capable D. talented
105. I was not that I had cut myself until I saw the blood all over my hand.
A. familiar B. awake C. astonished D. conscious
106. She has lost her handbag with the sum of $1300 in it.
A. extraordinary B. considerable
C. valuable D. worthwhile
107. I have always you my best friend.
A. regarded B. considered C. trusted D. hoped
108. She opened the packet and emptied the into a saucepan.
A. fullness B. container C. refills D. contents
109. The road lay ahead of him, a(n) grey line stretching to the horizon.
A, continual B. constant C. eternal D. continuous
110. In the capitalist countries, the rising of living is as hard on country families as on city families.
A. amount B. cost C. expense D. price