250 câu trắc nghiệm về từ vựng ôn thi THPT Quốc gia 2017 môn Tiếng Anh
250 câu trắc nghiệm về từ vựng ôn thi THPT Quốc gia
250 câu trắc nghiệm về từ vựng ôn thi THPT Quốc gia 2017 môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án là tài liệu ôn tập cực kỳ bổ ích dành cho các em học sinh ôn luyện và củng cố kiến thức hiệu quả để sẵn sàng cho kỳ thi THPT Quốc gia, kỳ thi Đại học sắp tới.
1. The house was burgled while the family was ____________ in a card game.
A. buried B. busy C. absorbed D. helping
2. I am sorry that I can't ________________ your invitation.
A. take B. except C. agree D. accept
3. __________________what he says, he wasn't even there when the crime was committed.
A. Following B. According to C. Hearing D. meaning
4. He has impressed his employers considerably and _______________ he is soon to be promoted.
A. nevertheless B. accordingly C. yet D. eventually
5. He gave his listeners a vivid _____________ of his journey through Peru.
A. account B. tale C. communication D. plot
6. Will you be taking my precious experience into ___________ when you fix my salary?
A. possession B. account C. mind D. scale
7. The policeman stopped him when he was driving home and ___________ him of speeding.
A. charged B. accused C. blamed D. arrested
8. His stomach began to ______________ because of the bad food he had eaten.
A. pain B. harm C. be hurt D. ache
9. If you _________________ money to mine, we shall have enough.
A. add B. combine C. unite D. bank
10. he was full of ______________ for her bravery.
A. energy B. admiration C. surprise D. pride
11. This ticket ___________ one person to the show.
A. permits B. enters C. delivers D. admits
12. The cow had lost its own calf but the farmer persuaded it to ___________ one whose mother had died.
A. choose B. adopt C. undertake D. collect
13. If we __________________ the plan you suggest, we are more likely to be successful.
A. elect B. command C. vote D. adopt
14. Science has made great _______________ during the past 30 years.
A. motions B. advances C. advantages D. opportunities
15. He was a much older tennis player but he had the great _____________ of experience.
A. advantage B. deal C. value D. profit
16. I had quite _________________ on my way to work this morning.
A. an experiment B. an adventure C. a happening D. an affair
17. He always studies the in the __________________ paper as he wants to find a good second-hand car.
A. advertisements B. publicity C. announcements D. publication
18. On my present salary, I just can't ________________ a car which costs over $3.000.
A. pretend B. elect C. afford D. adopt
19. The girl's father ______________ to buy her a car if she passed her examination.
A. admitted B. accepted C. agreed D. approved
20. They are twins and look very ______________.
A. alike B. same C. likely D. identical
21. As a result of their __________________ the three small independent countries felt less afraid of their powerful neighbour.
A. combination B. alliance C. partnership D. union
22. When he was a student, his father gave him a monthly _____________________ towards his expenses.
A. salary B. permission C. allowance D. wage
23. Is anyone _________________ to fish in this river?
A. borne B. allowed C. admitted D. passed
24. His _____________________ had always been to become an architect.
A. study B. ambition C. imagination D. direction
25. The _________________ of ice-cream sold increases sharply in the summer months.
A. account B. amount C. number D. size
26. If you are bitten by a poisonous snake. It is necessary to be given an_________as quickly as possible.
A. analgesic B. antibiotic C. antiseptic D. antidote
27. I' m_________to get the tickets for the show today, as there are hardly any left.
A. worried B. curious C. anxious D. troubled
28. The child was told to_________for being rude to his uncle.
A. excuse B. apologize C. punish D. confess
29. He is_________a very old man but in fact he is only fifty.
A. apparently B. evidently C. obviously D. actually
30. As a result of the radio_________for help for the earthquake victims, over a million pounds has been raised.
A. appeal B. call C. programme D. advertisement
31. Let me know if any difficulties_________.
A. arise B. come C. rise D. happen
32. Could you please_________an appointment for me to see Mr. Smith?
A. manage B. arrange C. take D. have
33. The police_________her for helping the murderer to escape.
A. caught B. searched C. brought D. arrested
34. When John_________in London he went to see the Houses of Parliament.
A. came B. reached C. arrived D. got
35. I read an interesting_________in a newspaper about farming today.
A. article B. advertisement C. composition D. explanation
36. Students are expected to_________their classes regularly.
A. assist B. frequent C. attend D. present
37. Before you sign anything important, pay careful_________to all the conditions.
A. notice B. attention C. regards D. reference
38. In the central region the dry season is long and severe, and the_________annual rainfall is only about 70 cm.
A. refreshing B. general C. average D. greatest
39. The bicycle was moving so fast that its rider could not_________an accident.
A. leave B. avoid C. miss D. overtake
40. As soon as the children were_________, their mother got them out of bed and into the bathroom.
A. woke B. wake C. awake D. waken
41. This_________is not big enough to cut down a tree.
A. axe B. hammer C. screw D. knife
42. In the market, the merchants_________and joked with their friends and neighbours.
A. bargained B. gardened C. bearded D. changed
43. He couldn't_________the thought of leaving his home town for ever.
A. think B. bear C. carry D. hold
44. The room was so quiet that she could hear the_________of her heart.
A. beating B. tapping C. knocking D. striking
45. Through a mixture of greed and intelligence, he has_________the biggest landowner in the whole district.
A. grown B. developed C. become D. increased
46. The damage done to my house by the fire has now_________.
A. done good B. been made good C. made me good D. been for good
47. The children will not be allowed to come with us if they don't_________themselves better.
A. direct B. behave C. declare D. compose
48. He has adopted three orphans_________his own six children so that, all together, he has nine children to provide for it
A. besides B. except C. beside D. in place of
49. The two scientists disagreed and a_________argument developed.
A. wet B. bitter C. salty D. sour
50. The weather was_________the exceptionally poor harvest.
A. blamed for B. condemned for C. accused of D. criticized for
51. If you are so senseless as to go on long walks in tight fitting shoes, you must expect to get_________.
A. scars B. bruises C. blisters D. spots
52. After lunch I felt_________enough to ask my boss for rise.
A. strong B. bold C. encouraged D. bald
53. It is a very popular play, and it would be wise_________seats well in advance.
A. occupy B. book C. buy D. preserve
54. She began to feel nervous when the train pulled up at the_________between Austria and Yugoslavia.
A. edge B. bar C. border D. division
55. When the bill came, he had to_________money from his brother to pay it.
A. borrow B. lend C. loan D. let
56. The toy boat turned over and sank to the_________of the pool.
A. basis B. bottom C. ground D. depth
57. The ball_________two or three times before rolling down the slope.
A. bounced B. sprang C. leapt D. skipped
58. The bus ran over the cliff because its_________failed.
A. brakes B. controls C. gears D. signals
59. The_________of the bank where he worked was not in the centre of the city.
A. seat B. quarter C. branch D. piece
60. Large waves were_________on the seashore.
A. going B. running C. hitting D. breaking
61. _________up children properly is mainly their parents' duty.
A. Rearing B. Breeding C. Raising D. Bringing
62. Several prisoners_________from their guards and escaped.
A. broke away B. broke out C. broke through D. broke down
63. The specialist was under so much stress that he finally_________.
A. broke off B. broke down C. broke out D. broke in
64. Well-mannered children have usually been properly_________by their parents.
A. raised up B. borne up C. brought up D. put up
65. The audience waited until the curtain had risen and then_________into applause.
A. flooded B. cheered C. started D. burst
66. When she heard from the hospital the father had died, she_________into tears.
A. burst B. exploded C. fell D. melted
67. If you put too many potatoes in that paper-bag it will_________.
A. explode B. crack C. burst D. overcrowd
68. Every day thousands of_________fly the Atlantic for negotiations withAmerican firms.
A. merchants B. dealers C. businessmen D. tradesmen
69. As there was a power cut in the hospital, the surgeon had to_________the operation.
A. call for B. call on C. call off D. call out
70. The book_________two weeks ago.
A. came across B. came by C. came into D. came out
71. The country has a system of_________, most of which date from the nineteenth century.
A. channels B. rivers C. streams D. canals
72. As we wait no longer for the delivery of your order, we have to_________it.
A. postpone B. refuse C. return D. cancel
73. He's not_________of learning German in six months.
A. interested B. inclined C. able D. capable
74. Bill doesn't_________what people say about him.
A. care B. matter C. disturb D. depend
75. Do you mind if I_________with my work while you are getting tea ready?
A. turn to B. carry out C. come on D. carry on
76. He spoke so quickly that I didn't_________what he said.
A. receive B. accept C. listen D. catch
77. The flat we have rented is very_________for the underground station.
A. convenient B. suitable C. comfortable D. distant
78. It isn't quite_________that he will be present at the meeting.
A. right B. exact C. certain D. formal