Bài tập nâng cao tiếng Anh 9 Unit 2 City Life
Đáp ứng nhu cầu Để học tốt tiếng Anh lớp 9 năm 2020 - 2021, VnDoc.com đã đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu lý thuyết - bài tập tiếng Anh 9 theo từng đơn vị bài học, từng chuyên đề Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh khác nhau.
Nối tiếp chuyên đề ôn tập nâng cao tiếng Anh 9 sách mới, bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 2 City Life - Cuộc sống thành thị dưới đây tổng hợp nhiều dạng bài tập tiếng Anh khác nhau giúp các em học sinh nhắc lại lý thuyết Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm có trong Unit hiệu quả.
* Xem thêm Hướng dẫn học Unit 2 SGK tiếng Anh 9 mới tại:
Bài tập tiếng Anh 9 nâng cao Unit 2 City Life có đáp án
Đề ôn tập tiếng Anh 9 mới Unit 2 City Life có đáp án được biên tập dưới nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới khác nhau giúp các em học sinh rèn luyện kỹ năng làm từng dạng bài hiệu quả đồng thời ghi nhớ kiến thức quan trọng trong Unit 2 lớp 9 City life.
I. Choose a word in each line that has different stress pattern.
|1. A. Conduct||B. Ancient||C. Drawback||D. Feature|
|2. A. Determine||B. Pagoda||C. Fabulous||D. Convenient|
|3. A. Intelligence||B. Facility||C. Development||D. Education|
|4. A. Metropolitan||B. University||C. Organisation||D. Multicultural|
|5. A. Fascinate||B. Expensive||C. Restaurant||D. Difference|
II. Complete each of the following sentences with comparatives or superlatives. Add ‘the’ where necessary.
1. I think this is (noisy) _______ part of the city.
2. This place was (dangerous)________ than we thought.
3. Could you show me the way to (near) __________ bus stop?
4. The trip to Ho Chi Minh City was (interesting) _________ for us.
5. This is (good) _________ food I’ve ever eaten in this country.
6. David’s new haircut is (trendy) _______ than the previous one.
7. The building looks much (nice)_______ in green than the previous white.
8.I had to drive my car along (narrow) ______ road in the region.
9. Quan’s house is (far) ______from the city centre than my house.
10. In my opinion, living in the city is (hard) _______ than living in the country.
III. Complete each of the following sentences with a phrasal verb from the box. Change the form of the verbs if necessary.
apply for - cheer up - dress up - find out - get over
go on - pull down - set up - take off - turn back
1. We’ve_______ a really good restaurant near the central station.
2. You don’t need to _______ to go to the mall – jeans and a T-shirt are fine.
3. Professor Colin Evers ______ a job at a famous university in Sydney.
4. We really can’t_______ living like this – we’ll have to find a bigger house.
5. Mary was very unhappy last week, but she has ________now
6. You need to ________your shoes before going inside the house.
7. They _____the old cinema to build a new shopping mall.
8. A committee has been________ to organize social events for the students.
9. It took me a few days to ________ my flu.
10. The mountain climbers had to ________ because they were exhausted.
IV. Fill in the correct particles to complete the following sentences.
1. I’ve thought it _______and have made up my mind; I’m going to take the job in New York.
2. Can you put your name, telephone number and email address ______ in the
3. Mark was born in the East End, but he grew _______ in the West End.
4. Phong turned the TV _______ and went to bed because it was quite late.
5. The guide showed us________the historic parts of the city.
6. David is very friendly. He gets _______ most of my friends.
7. I don’t know why they turned________ our invitation to the party.
8. Nam didn’t know the correct spelling so he had to look it _______in the dictionary.
9. We are all looking_____ ______ seeing our grandparents again.
10. Our hotel was amazing and it lived _____ _____all our expectations.
V. Read the following passage and choose the best option for each numbered blank.
Hello! My name is Herman. I live in a big city in Germany and it’s quite exciting! There are lots of things to do. My parents bought a flat near a park where I can ride my bike or (1) ______ skateboarding. My brother is older than me so I also go to the cinema with him. The city library is a great place too. I usually meet my friends there and we do our school (2) _________ or study together.
Of course living in a big city is not easy. City life can be fast, tiring and stressful. The streets are always (3) _______ and noisy. Because of the cars the air is polluted sometimes. People are so busy that they (4) _________ have time for their neighbours or friends. But I can’t see myself moving to the (5) ______. I just love living in the city too much.
1. A. Play B. Do C. Go D. Sail
2. A. Projects B. Workshops C. Playgrounds D. Competitions
3. A. Bored B. Surprised C. Exhausted D. Crowded
4. A. Usually B. Rarely C. Often D. Always
5. A. University B. Building C. Mountain D. Countryside
VI. Read the following passage and write T (True) or F (False) for each statement.
London is the biggest city in Britain. More than 7 million people live and work there. It is one of the most important cities in the world. It is a centre for business and for tourism. London consists of three parts: The City of London, the East End and the West End. In the City of London there are many banks, offices and Stock Exchange.
In the West End we can see many historical places, parks, shops and theatres. It is the world of rich people and money. The East End is the district where working people live and work. The Port of London is also there. You can have a very good time in this city. You can visit different cinemas, theatres and museums. The “Odeon” is one of the most famous cinemas of the country. The most famous museums are: The British Museum and the Tate Gallery. There are many shops in London. Oxford street is London’s main shopping centre. People from all over the world buy clothes, shoes, toys and souvenirs there. The street is more than a mile long. The best known departments are Selfridges and John Lewis. The largest park in London is Hyde Park with its Speaker’s Corner. Sit on the green grass and try England’s favourite food – fish and chips.
______ 1. There are lots of theatres, parks and historical places in the City of London.
______ 2. The Port of London is in the East End of London.
______ 3. Working people live and work in the West End of London.
______ 4. The “Odeon” is a famous museum in London.
______ 5. People go to Oxford street to buy clothes and souvenirs.
VII. Use the words given and other words to complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence. Do not change the word given. (Use 2 – 5 words in total).
0. Our city has five big shopping malls, are
There are five big shopping malls in our city.
1. The Central Tower is the tallest building in this city, is
No building in this city ________________________ the Central Tower.
2. I’ll consider it carefully and give you an answer next week, over
I’ll _____________________________ and give you an answer next week.
3. We have never stayed at a worse hotel than this, the
This ________________________ we’ve ever stayed at.
4. Please continue doing your work and don’t let anything interrupt you. go
Please ________________________ and don’t let anything interrupt you.
5. I think Da Nang is not so exciting as Ho Chi Minh City, more
I think Ho Chi Minh City __________________________ Da Nang.
VIII. Choose three problems below to write a paragraph of around 100 words about the drawbacks of living in a big city. Your paragraph should have a topic sentence and conclusion. You should also use sentence connectors such as firstly, secondly, thirdly…
• Traffic jams • Air pollution • Noise pollution
• Busy lifestyle • High cost of living • Lack of open and green spaces
• Crime • Crowded
Đáp án có trong file tải: Đề ôn tập tiếng Anh nâng cao 9 Unit 2 thí điểm. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập tiếng Anh 9 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 9, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9, Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.