Đề thi tiếng Anh trình độ C có đáp án số 5
Đề luyện thi chứng chỉ C tiếng Anh có đáp án
Đề thi thử tiếng Anh trình độ C có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi tiếng Anh trình độ C1 trình độ C2 năm 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh với nội dung Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trình độ C giúp bạn đọc nhắc lại kiến thức hiệu quả.
Paper 1 READING COMPREHENSION
Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence
1) If we want to live in harmony with other people, we should get rid of ….
2) In every country there are … between different regions, especially between the North and the South, which result in unfriendliness, even hatred.
3) We don’t know who wrote the letter. It’s …..
B/ not signed
4) … life has its excitement but it is likely to cause tension, especially to old people.
5) His argument was so …. That his opponents were reduced to silence.
6) The rock star died in an accident a few days ago, and his … was attended by thousand of young people.
7) Because of lack of orders, the company cannot keep all the employees. One hundred … were announced yesterday.
8) The trade union urges its members to go strike to … against the sacking of one worker.
9) She is a rich woman, so few people believe that the diamond she is wearing is ….
10) You needn’t take a taxi, because it’s only … from here to your hotel.
A/ ten minutes walk
B/ walk ten minutes
C/ a ten-minute walk
D/ a ten-minutes’ walk
11) For the past few years we have succeeded in keeping down … so life has been somewhat easier for salaried employees.
12) After a Filipino woman was hanged by the Singaporean authorities, the Philippines threatened to …. Diplomatic relations with Singapore.
A/ break up
B/ cut in
C/ break off
D/ break in
13) World War II … in 1939 and ended in 1945 with the total defeat of Fascism.
A/ set out
B/ set in
C/ broke out
14) This year we are celebrating the 37th anniversary of the total … of South Vietnam.
15) When the last American … Vietnam, the country was reunified and later became a member of the United Nations.
B/ went out
C/ had left
D/ was leaving
16) … our economic achievements, we are still a long way from being an “Asian Dragon”.
A/ In spite
17) When our country … a full member of ASEAN, it will gain a status in the whole world.
B/ will become
18) The new work of Japanese scientists on AIDS has been … as a major breakthrough.
19) I walked away as calmly as I could … they thought I was the thief.
A/ to avoid
B/ or else
C/ owing to
D/ in case
20) Could you please tell me if you have any electric typewriters ….?
A/ in store
B/ in order
C/ in supply
D/ in stock
Read the following passage carefully, then choose the best answer to each question.
Every word on a label describing a food, a drug, a cosmetic, or a medical device is important in protecting you and your family from buying an inferior product, from misusing a good one, from being tricked by dangerous quackery, or from unknowingly possessing an item harmful to health.
First of all, the label on a can or package of food must be completely truthful. If a loaf of bread is made with soy flour, the loaf cannot be labeled as white bread.
A label must not be misleading. This restriction is somewhat vague and therefore cannot prevent all violations. Although the government tries to eliminate all misleading labels, the consumer must nevertheless be always on guard. Just because a can of sardines has a fancy-soundung foreign name, don’t take for granted that the fish were imported. It is the law, too, that manufacturers must list their names and places of business on their labels.
Manufacturers must use common names in identyfying their products so that anyone can readily understand what he is buying. Synthetic foods must be prominently labeled as artificial. Foods composed of two or more ingredients must bear labels listing all ingredients in the order of predominance.
21) According to the article, the main purpose of a label is to ….
A/ attract the consumer
B/ protect the consumer
C/ list the ingredients
D/ protect the manufacturer
22) Careful reading of the label will prevent ….
A/ misuse of a product
B/ buying an inferior product
C/ buying a harmful substance
D/ A, B and C
23) The author suggests that ….
A/ some labels are misleading in spite of government inspection.
B/ all labels are misleading
C/ most labels are vague
D/ the government does nothing about misleading labels.
24) A foreign name on a label …
A/ is never misleading
B/ always indicates that the product is an import
C/ may lead one to believe that the product is an import.
D/ is never completely truthful
25) The most important ingredient in a product must be listed …
C/ in the middle
D/ as artificial
Paper 2 WRITING
USE OF ENGLISH
A/ Fill each of the numbered blanks in the following passage. Use only ONE word in each space.
As the train approached the seaside town (26) … I was (27) … to spend my holidays, I went into the corridor to stretch my legs. I stayed there a short (28) … breathing in the fresh sea (29) … and exchanging a few words with one of the passengers, (30) … I had met earlier on the station platform.
When I turned to go back to my seat, I happened (31) … glance into the compartment next to (32) ….. Sitting there was a man who many years before had (33) … my neighbour. He was a great talker, I remembered; it used to take hours to get away (34) … him once he began a conversation. I was not all all sorry when he went to live in another part of London. We had not met since (35) …, nor did I wish to meet him now, when my holiday was about to begin.
Luckily at (36) … moment he was much too busy talking to the man opposite him to catch (37) … of me. I slipped back into my compartment, took down my two suitcase and carried them to the far end of the corridor so (38) … to be ready to get (39) … the train as soon as it stopped. The moment the train came to a halt, I called a porter, who in no time at all, had carried my luggage out of the station and found me a taxi. As I drove towards my small hotel on the outskirts of the town, I breathed a deep sigh of relief at my narrow escape. There was little (40) … that I should run into my boring ex-neighbour again.
B/ GUIDED SENTENCE BUILDING
From the following sets of words and phrases, write ten sentences which together make a complete letter.
41) I / arrive / Tan Son Nhat Airport / 2 o’clock / yesterday afternoon.
42) My parents / glad / welcome / home / after my two-week trip / Singapore.
43) evening / at dinner / I / tell / trip.
44) I / show / photos / souvenirs / give.
45) They / delighted / see them.
46) Today I/ write / thank you / help / stay there.
47) I / read a lot / Singapore / cleanlineess and orderliness.
48) Guidance and help / make / trip / much more interesting.
49) I remember / see me off / Changi Airport / and / promise / visit Ho Chi Minh City.
50) I / look / forward / see you here.
C/ Rewrite each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed above it.
51) Although it was raining heavily, none of the workers came late.
In spite ………………………………………
52) I walked away as calmly as I could so that they wouldn’t think I was the thief.
In case ……………………………………….
53) He didn’t return to his native village until the war ended.
Not until ………………………………………
54) They’ll have to change the date of the meeting again.
The date ………………………………………
55) The Prime Minister said that there were so many difficulties ahead and suggested that we should double our efforts.
The Prime Minister said, “……………………..”
Trên đây là Đề thi thử Anh văn chứng chỉ C1 C2 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh từ cơ bản đến nâng cao khác như: Ôn tập Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh, Luyện thi Tiếng Anh trực tuyến, luyện thi chứng chỉ B1, luyện thi chứng chỉ B2,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.