Đề thi tiếng Anh trình độ C có đáp án số 4
Đề ôn thi chứng chỉ C Anh văn có đáp án
Đề thi thử tiếng Anh trình độ C phần Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi tiếng Anh trình độ C1 trình độ C2 mới nhất năm 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh liên quan đến nhiều chuyên đề từ vựng - ngữ pháp tiếng Anh cơ bản trình độ C khác nhau giúp bạn đọc ôn tập hiệu quả.
Paper 1 READING COMPREHENSION
Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence
1) After a lot of difficulty, he … to open the door.
2) I’ll have to … to you, otherwise he will hear.
3) After closing the envelope, the secretary … the stamps on firmly.
4) When he spoke over the telephone, his voice was so … that I could hardly hear him.
5) When he retired from his job, the director … him with a gold watch.
6) I would like to offer a small … to anyone who finds the missing dog.
7) Could you lend me some money? I’m very … of cash at the moment.
8) Mary Smith decided to give up her job for the … of her children.
9) If … it would stop raining for a morning, we would cut the grass.
10) He played an active … in politics until he was well over 80.
11) She heated the chocolate until it … then poured it over the cake.
12) When she was crossing the room, the nightnurse happened to notice the old lady … to get out of bed.
A/ has tried
B/ to try
13) I’m afraid a rise in salary is … just now.
A/ out of sight
B/ out of control
C/ out of date
D/ out of the question
14) He … being given a receipt for the bill he had paid.
A/ asked to
15) He retired early … ill health.
A/ on behalf of
B/ ahead of
C/ in front of
D/ on account of
16) This is the … of the bicycle which was stolen.
17) We stayed at home because Ann wasn’t very keen … going out … the rain.
A. for / under
B. about / with
C. on / in
D. for / when
18) She’s … the best student in my school.
A/ by far
C/ up now
D/ since now
19) “Why is the ground so wet?” – “It … last night”.
A/ would rain
B/ would have rained
C/ should have rained
D/ must have rained
20) He is decorating the house with a view … it.
A/ to sell
B/ to selling
C/ for selling
D/ to be sold
Read the following passage carefully, then choose the best answer to each question.
The sun was going down beyond great banks of cloud which were full of orange-pink light. It would usually be time for Joe to be going in, but he didn’t want to go back if Aunt Daisy and Uncle Ted were still there, because his mother would only send him straight to bed out of the way. So he turned away from home and walked down the lane past the football field, kicking a stone before him at the risk of scratching the toes of his best brown shoes. A couple of dogs, one large, black and smooth-haired, the other smaller with a long black and white coat, played on the edge of the field, running round, jumping at each other and sometimes rolling over and over together, totally content in each other’s company.
Joe watched them for a moment or two and walked on. Twenty minutes later he was on the riverside and halfway round the circle he had set out to walk from the town and back again. On his way he had passed several couples and one or two family groups returning from their Sunday evening walk; but now there was no one about except one man resting on the grass between the path and the river bank. When Joe realised that it was his father, his surprise was so great that he stopped. Then his father, who had been leaning on his arm and looking into the river, looked round, but did not seem surprised to see him.
“Hello Joe”, he said dully. He went back to staring at the river. The fact that he was wearing his best clothes somehow added to the strangeness of his sitting there alone like this, and as Joe looked at him he was conscious for the first time of a sense of his father as not his father, but as someone without connection with himself: as a man, with thoughts and feelings outside their existence as father and son. He saw, for the first time, his father as a person carrying about with him a world of his own, and he had an indefinite sense of this world of his father’s extending back to a time and a life before he himself was born. He was only a part of his father’s world, while his father belonged in the centre of his, Joe’s world. And things were far from well in his father’s world, he knew.
He moved a few steps nearer, and his father did not look at him. “They’re all at home, wondering where you are”, said Joe.
21) Joe didn’t go straight home because he ……
A/ didn’t want to see Aunt Daisy and Uncle Ted.
B/ wanted to find his father first.
C/ wanted to watch the two dogs playing.
D/ didn’t want to go to bed immediately.
22) Instead of going home Joe went …….
A/ on to the football field.
B/ through some fields.
C/ along the bank of the river.
D/ half-way to the town.
23) When Joe had completed half his intended walk he ……
A/ saw a man sitting by himself.
B/ passed a couple of people.
C/ went back to the town.
D/ met some family groups.
24) When Joe’s father saw Joe, he …….
A/ sat down on the grass.
B/ didn’t seem very interested in him.
C/ looked round at the river.
D/ went back to the river.
25) That evening Joe realised that …….
A/ he hardly knew his father at all.
B/ he had not seen his father wearing those clothes before.
C/ he had never really loved his father.
D/ his father had a life of his own.
Paper 2 WRITING
SECTION A USE OF ENGLISH
A/ Fill each of the numbered blanks in the following passage. Use only ONE word in each space.
I’m interested in sports, especially athletics, and I run seven or eight kilometres a day. I particularly (26) … crosscountry running, where you have to run across fields, jump (27) … streams and so (28) … While I’m running I think about all sorts of things, and (29) … the end of a run I’m sometimes surprised to find what I’ve managed to (30) … a problem that was on my mind.
Next year I’m going to try the London Marathon. It’s a long, hard (31) …., and you have to tough to finish, but I very much want to do it. I worry a bit (32) … getting old, and I’d like to prove (33) … myself that I’m still almost as (34) … as I was twenty years ago. I’m interested in mountaineering as well as running. I’ll never become an expert climber, but I know (35) ….I’m doing in the mountains. I successfully completed a (36) … in snow and ice climbing when I was younger, and I’ve done a series of easy climbs in the Alps (37) … the last few years. My wife doesn’t share my (38) … in mountains. She agreed to go (39) … with me once, but she found that she felt ill as (40) … as she got above 1,000 metres.
B/ GUIDED SENTENCE BUILDING
Build a complete sentence with the given words.
41) going / visit / friends / make with / hostel.
42) begin / rain / manager / get / office / morning.
43) When / boy / twelve / father / die / dangerous disease.
44) I / tell / meeting / if / see / tomorrow.
45) It / important / brother/ stop / smoke / once.
46) I / think over / offer / give / my answer / soon / possible.
47) After / dinner / set out / saying / where / going.
48) We / invite / party / occasion / birthday.
49) She / leave / wait / rain / minutes / night.
50) Sister / willing / help / mother / housework / when / holiday.
C/ Rewrite each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed above it.
51) “Why don’t you put a better lock on the door, John?” Jane said.
Jane suggested ………………………………..
52) Although both of his legs were broken in the crash, he managed to get out the car before it exploded.
Despite his ……………………………….
53) It isn’t necessary for you to finish by Saturday.
54) The water was so cold that the children could not swim in it.
The water was not …………………………………….
55) John has not had his hair cut for over 6 months.
It is over …………………………………….
Đáp án có trong file tải: Đề luyện thi tiếng Anh chứng chỉ C có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh từ cơ bản đến nâng cao khác như: Ôn tập Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh, Luyện thi Tiếng Anh trực tuyến, luyện thi chứng chỉ B1, luyện thi chứng chỉ B2,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.