Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The media - Lesson 3
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The media - Lesson 3 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
A/ The aims:
Listening to complete the table.
B/ Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Students will be able to know the basic information about the historic developments of the media: printed newspaper, telegraph, radio, TV..
Skill: Listening and speaking and writing.
C/ Teaching aids: text book, cassette, chalks and boards.
Noughts and crosses
(Using the words which relate to the media)
- Remark and lead in new lesson.
1. Pre- listening: Introduce the aims of the lesson and some new words:
- Printed newspaper (n): Explanation
- Telegraph (n): Translation
- Radio and newsreels (n) = radio and documentary
- Journalism (n)
- Viable (a): có thể sống được.
* Checking Technique: What and where
- Introduce the aims of the lesson “Chau – a student was given an assignment about the inventions of the media. She needs some information to finish her assignment. She is asking her father for some information.”
- Have Students look at the table and predict.
- Write their predictions on the board.
2. While- listening:
- Turn on the tape (2 or 3 times)
- Ask them to exchange their results to compare.
- Call on four Ss to write their results on the board.
- Turn on the tape again and check their answers. Then give the correct answers:
a) the late 19th century
b) radio and newsreels
c) in the 1990s
d) the Internet
- Call on some Ss to read the complete sentences aloud.
3. Post- listening: Play role
- Ask Ss to play role of Chau and Chau,s father, using the information they have heard and these questions:
1. When and where was the first newspaper appeared
2. When was the telegraph invented?
3. What two new forms of news media appeared in the early 20th century?
4. When was television become popular?
5. What became a major force in journalism in the mid and late 1990s?
- Call on some pairs to practice in front of the class.
- Listen and correct mistakes if any.
1. Tag- questions:
- Have Ss repeat the use and form of the tag- questions. Then write them on the board:
1. You like sports, do not you?
2. you do not like foreign films, do you?
Now replace you by he or she.
3. He likes sports, does not he?
4. She does not like foreign films, does she?
Language focus 1:
- Ask Ss to practice in pairs.
- Call on some pairs to read their correct answers. Correct mistakes and give the right sentences:
b) … did not he?
c) … was not it?
d) … do you?
e) … are not we?
2. Gerund after some verbs:
- Introduce and explain some verbs which get gerund after them:
Enjoy + V – ing
Language focus 3:
- Ask Ss to work with a partner to make similar dialogues.
- Call on some pairs to practice in the front. Correct mistakes if any.
Language focus 4:
- Explain the aims of the exercise and write the example on the board:
+ My father likes watching sports but my mother does not. She loves listening to music.
+ I dislike writing letters and my brother does, too. He hates writing letters.
- Call on some Ss to read their sentences aloud. correct mistake if any.
1. Copy the answers and learn by heart new words.
2. Do the exercises in workbook.
3. Prepare the next lesson
Listen and copy
Listen and repeat in chorus and individually
Guess its meanings and copy down.
- Listen carefully.
- Work in groups to predict
- Report their dictations aloud.
- Listen and check
- Exchange and compare their results.
- Go to the board to write their answers.
- Listen again and check their answers.
- Repeat and copy
Make a dialogue, using the questions below.
S2: Chau,s father
- Demonstrate in the front.
- Listen and copy.
Repeat the use of Tag- question.
- Make some examples
- Work in pair to do the exercise.
- Some Ss do on the Bld.
- Listen and copy down.
-Listen & do the Ex.
- Read the examples aloud.
- Make new sentences and read them aloud.
-Listen and copy