Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The media - Lesson 4
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The media - Lesson 4 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
A/ The aims:
Reading a text about the Internet for details.
B/ Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Students will be able to know something about the Internet through some vocabulary: surf the web, e- mail, chatting, forum, get access, time- consuming
Skill: Reading and writing.
C/ Teaching aids: Textbook, chalks, boards and some pictures about the Internet.
Chatting about the Internet
1. Who has already used the Internet?
2. What do you often use the Internet for?
3. Dou you think the Internet useful or harmful? or both ?
- Correct and lead in the new lesson by introducing about the Internet “The Internet has been a very important form of media in our modern life. However, we may not know all its benefits. Today’s lesson, we will study the benefits and disadvantages of the Internet.”
1. Introduce some new words:
- Surf the webs (n); Translation: lướt mạng
- Forum (n): diễn đàn
- E-mail (n): thư điện tử
- Benefits >< disadvantages:Thuận Lợi>< ko thuận lợi
- Get access (v): Explanation: tìm dữ liệu
- Wander (n): Translation: lang thang
- Time – consuming (n) Tốn thời gian
- Junk mail (n):thư rác
* Checking technique: Slap the board
2. Set the scene: forum is a public meeting where a certain topic is discussed. Every participant can engage in the discussion. A forum on the Internet is similar. However, the participants do not meet in a person. They post their ideas through a main website or a mailing list.
- Now read three responses in a forum about the Internet. You scan the text and match the following main ideas and the responses.
a) Students in the countryside can not access to the Internet.
b) Internet is a wonderful invention.
c) The Internet can be limited in some ways.
- Call on Ss to read their results aloud. Correct and give the correct answers:
a) Response # 2
b) Response # 1
c) Response # 3
- Now read the text again and answer the questions.
- Ask Ss to compare with a friend.
- Call on some pairs to practice in front of class.
- Correct mistakes if any.Then give the correct answers:
1. Sandra uses the Internet to get information and to communicate with her friends and relatives.
2. Because she lives in the countryside, where the Internet is unavailable.
3. People use the Internet for education , communication, entertainment and commerce.
4. The benefits of Internet: It is used for multi – purposes: for getting information, for education, communication, entertainment and commerce.
5. Yes. There are some disadvantages. It is time – consuming, costly, dangerous because of viruses and bad programs.
6/7. Depend on their knowledge of students.
- Call on some Ss to read each passage aloud.
- Ask Ss to write the complete sentences about the benefits of the Internet.
- The Internet is a very fast and convenient way to gat information. It is very cheap. You can communicate with friends. The Internet makes the world a small village. You can use the Internet for education, entertainment and commerce.
- Call on some Ss to read their complete sentences aloud.Correct mistakes.
1.Learn by heart new words and copy 2 lines for each one.
2. Write the correct answers in their notebooks.
3. Prepare the next lesson.
Chatting about the questions.
- Listen carefully
- Listen and repeat in chorus and individually.
- Guess its meanings and copy.
- Play games.
- Listen to the introductions.
- Read the text and do the matching.
- Report their answers
- Read the text and answer the questions.
- Practice in pairs in front of class.
- Read each passage aloud.
- Work individually.
- Read the complete aloud.
- Listen and copy.