Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The media - Lesson 5
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5: The media - Lesson 5 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
A/ The aims:
Writing a passage about the benefits of the Internet
B/ Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to get further information about the benefits of the Internet.
Skill: writing and speaking.
C/ Teaching aids: Textbooks, chalks, boards.
1. Mnucatoemi / 4. ssecca
2. beentif / 5. erwand
3. ewb- urfs/ 6. ilam
- Call on some Students to read correct words and write on the board:
Communicate / benefit / surf-web / access / wander / mail / forum.
Introduce the aims of the lesson.
1. Pre- writing:
* Making outline:
- Ask Students to read three main cues about the benefits of the Internet.
- Work in group of 4 students to find the answers for the five questions below:
1. What can you say about the development of the Internet? Is the Internet useful?
- increasingly develop / become part of our everyday life.
- useful in many ways.
2. Why is the Internet a source of information?
- a fast and convenient way to get information
- read electronic newspapers
- check weather condition before going.
3. Can you say the Internet a source of entertainment? Why? /Why not?
- communicate with friends or relative
- listen music.
- watch movies.
- play games.
- read novels, poems
4. Is the Internet also a means of education? Give your reasons?
- learn English
- look up a dictionary
- take a training / learning course
5. Are there any disadvantages of the Internet? If so, what are they?
- Ask Students to work in pairs to demonstrate their ideas about the benefits of the Internet.
2. While- writing:
- Notes of using some conjunctions to write such as thirdly / firstly / finally / secondly / however.
- Going around class and provide help if any. Correct some typical mistakes.
- Call on some Ss to read their writings aloud.
+ Suggested writing:
The Internet has increasingly developed and become part of our everyday life. It is useful in many ways.
Firstly, it is a source of information. It is a fast and convenient way to get the news. You can read electronic newspapers. You can check weather condition before going camping, fishing or going on holiday. You can communicate with friends or relatives by means of e-mail or chatting.
Secondly, the Internet is a source of entertainment. You can listen to music. watch movies, play video games. You can read the latest novels or poems.
Finally, the Internet is also useful in education. It is a means of education. You can learn English, look up a dictionary. you take a training or learning course
However, there are some disadvantages of the Internet. It is not only time – consuming but also dangerous because of viruses and bad programs.
- Ask some Ss to read the suggested writing aloud.
3. Post - writing:
* Exercise: Ordering
a) First, there are lots of entertainments in the city. A large number of cinemas, theaters, bars, restaurants are open very late in the evening.
b) In short, living in the city is great fun. However, we have to study and work hard or we will be left behind.
c) Last, people who live in the city benefit good education offered by famous universities. Besides, living in the city always keeps people well – informed and updated so that city- dwellers have better background than those in the city
d) Living in the city has three advantages.
e) Second, living in the city gives a person more opportunities for jobs. Newly – graduated students can find good jobs with fairly high salary because many big companies, international organization are located in the city.
- Ask Ss to order the passage.
- Call on some Ss to report their results aloud.
- Correct mistakes and give correct answers:
d- a - e- c - b
1. Copy the complete passage in their notebooks
2. Translate it into Vietnamese.
3. Prepare the next lesson.
Write on the board and read them aloud.
Read the main cues and make out line by answering the questions.
- Practice in pairs to demonstrate in the front
- Repeat the conjunctions to write about demonstrative ideas.
- Work individually.
- Read their writings aloud.
Read the suggested writings aloud.
- Work individually to order the passage
- Read their correct passage aloud.
- Copy down.
- Listen and write down.