Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 14 RECREATION có đáp án (1)
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 14 RECREATION có đáp án (1)
Chúng tôi xin giới thiệu đến quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh bộ sưu tập Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 14 Recreation nhằm hỗ trợ tối đa cho việc dạy và học môn Tiếng Anh trở nên hiệu quả hơn. Bộ sưu tập này sẽ mang đến cho học sinh các bài tập trắc nghiệm trong Unit 14 Tiếng Anh 11 nhằm giúp các em củng cố từ vựng và cấu trúc ngữ pháp đã học.
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. a. engrave b. pastime c. undertake d. spectator
2. a. popular b. music c. pursuit d. solitude
3. a. sport b. course c. outdoor d. world
4. a. leisure b. pursue c. simple d. necessary
5. a. agreed b. organised c. based d. listened
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentences.
6. She plays tennis ______ recreation only.
a. in b. to c. on d. for
7. I'm very fond ______ natural spectacular scenery.
a. of b. in c. with d. at
8. We were all attracted ______ the beauty of nature there.
a. in b. to c. with d. on
9. Watching television is by far the most popular ______.
a. intensity b. occupation c. recreation d. passion
10. I am very ______ in the information you have given me.
a. interested b. surprised c. depressed d. concerned
11. I like him ______ for his shyness.
a. by far b. far better c. furthermore d. all the better
12. He ______ us for hours with his stories and jokes.
a. supported b. entertained c. regarded d. raised
13. I've already had one holiday in Africa, and I'm not ______ on going there again.
a. willing b. keen c. eager d. ready
14. We have bought extra food ______ our friends stay to dinner.
a. provided b. if c. in case d. as long as
15. Football, rugby and baseball are the most popular ______ sports in Britain.
a. watcher b. looker c. amateur d. spectator
B. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentences.
16. Which one do you want? -I don't want ______.
a. both b. neither c. either d. each
17. She has neither read the book ______ the film.
a. or seen b. nor see c. or see d. nor seen
18. Thomas Eakins studied not only painting ______ anatomy when he was training to become an artist.
a. moreover b. but also c. as well d. and
19. Endive can be used ______ as a salad green or as a cooking vegetable.
a. such b. both c. either d. neither
20. They invited ______ to their golden anniversary.
a. my wife and I b. I and my wife
c. both my wife and I d. my wife and me
21. Have you finished your work? - No, I haven't and ______.
a. she has not too b. neither she has
c. she has either d. neither has she.
22. I believe not only people are important to the world, ______.
a. nature is important, too b. nature is important either
c. neither is nature important d. but nature is important
23. Not only ______ shade and beauty, but they also reduce carbon dioxide.
a. do trees provide b. trees provide c. provide trees d. trees do provide
24. It was the musical performance on TV that ______ by our family.
a. was most enjoying b. was most enjoyed
c. most enjoyed d. was most enjoyable
25. Neither the teacher nor his students ______ pleased with the performance of the team.
a. was b. were c. has been d. being
A. Fill in the each blank with one appropriate word from the box.
regular demand leisure started means typically
chance way industry organised recent found
A surprising number of popular spectator sports, for example football and baseball, (31) started in Europe or in the USA in the nineteenth century. This did not happen by (32) chance. It was the result of changes in the (33) way people lived in those places at that time. Until then more people lived in the country than in towns. They worked in small groups and had no (34) regular time off. All this changed, with the growth of factories and (35) industry in the nineteenth century, first in Europe and then in the USA. For the first time most people began to live in towns, and they (36) found themselves with regular free time. They had more (37) leisure time than ever before. This resulted in the need for the (38) organised entertainment. Suitable games I developed or were invented, (39) typically team games, in which the crowded could take sides and become involved. This gave people some of the entertainment they need in their free time. The (40) recent explosion in TV, with the introduction of satellite and cable channels, has caused an increase in (41) demand for sports as entertainment. The money TV has brought to games such as football, tennis and baseball (42) means, that spectator sports will certainly go on playing an important part in our lives.
B. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answer.
England is famous for its garden, and most people like gardening. This is probably one reason why so many people prefer to live in houses rather than in flats. Particularly in suburban areas it is possible to pass row after row of ordinary small houses, each one with its neatly kept patch of grass surrounded by great variety of flowers and shrubs. Enthusiasts of gardening get a great deal of helpful advice from the television and magazines.
43. The passage points out that, because many English people are fond of gardening, ______.
a. they don't want to live in suburban areas
b. they grow flowers but not grass and fruit trees
c. they can spare little time for the television
d. houses are more popular than flats
44. The passage stresses that people interested in gardening ______.
a. find it necessary to move out to distant rural areas
b. need large gardens in order to get ,satisfaction
c. are supplied with information and guidance by both the television and the press
d. get very little encouragement from the media
45. The passage is concerned with ______.
a. the enthusiasm of the people in England for gardens and gardening
b. the problems of gardening in suburban areas
c. the new techniques in gardening
d. the increasing demand for new varieties of flowers and shrubs
From the four words or phrases - a, b, c or d - choose the one that best completes the sentence.
46. _____ of caffein can result in restlessness, insomnia, and even delirium.
a. Consuming in excess b. The consumption excessive
c. To consume excessively d. Excessive consumption
47. ______ cause tides, but that of the sun also produces the same effect, though to a lesser extent.
a. Not only when the gravitational attraction of the moon does
b. As the gravitational attraction of the moon not only' does
c. Not only does the gravitational attraction of the moon
d. The gravitational attraction of the moon not only