Bộ đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2016 môn Tiếng Anh - Số 3
Bộ đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2016 có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, mời các em học sinh cùng luyện tập với Bộ đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2016 môn Tiếng Anh - Số 3 bao gồm các đề thi THPT Quốc gia chọn lọc có đáp án cụ thể. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài nhé!
Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2016 - Đề số 1
Read the passage and choose the option that best answers the question or completes the sentence:
Every drop of water in the ocean, even in the deepest parts, responds to the forces that create the tides. No other force that affects the sea is so strong. Compared with the tides, the waves created by the wind are surface movements felt no more than a hundred fathoms below the surface. The currents also seldom involve more than the upper several hundred fathoms despite their impressive sweep.
The tides are a response of the waters of the ocean to the pull of the Moon and the more distant Sun. In theory, there is a gravitational attraction between the water and even the outermost star of the universe. In reality, however, the pull of remote stars is so slight as to be obliterated by the control of the Moon and, to a lesser extent, the Sun. Just as the Moon rises later each day by fifty minutes, on the average, so, in most places, the time of high tide is correspondingly later each day. And as the Moon waxes and wanes in its monthly cycle, so the height of the tide varies. The tidal movements are strongest when the Moon is a sliver in the sky, and when it is full. These are the highest flood tides and the lowest ebb tides of the lunar month and are called the spring tides. At these times, the Sun, Moon, and Earth are nearly in line and the pull of the two heavenly bodies is added together to bring the water high on the beaches, to send its surf upward against the sea cliffs, and to draw a high tide into the harbors. Twice each month, at the quarters of the Moon, when the Sun, Moon, and Earth lie at the apexes of a triangular configuration and the pull of the Sun and Moon are opposed, the moderate tidal movements called neap tides occur. Then the difference between high and low water is less than at any other time during the month.
Câu 1: Neap tides occur when ____.
A. waves created by the wind combine with the Moon's gravitational attraction
B. the Moon is full
C. the Sun counteracts the Moon's gravitational attraction
D. the Moon is farthest from the Sun
Câu 2: The word felt is closest in meaning to____.
Câu 3: It can be inferred from the passage that the most important factor in determining how much gravitational effect one object in space has on the tides is_______
Câu 4: What is the cause of the spring tides?
A. The triangular arrangement of the Earth, Sun, and Moon
B. The Earth's movement around the Sun
C. Seasonal changes in the weather
D. The gravitational pull of the Sun and the Moon when nearly in line with the Earth
Câu 5: The word correspondingly is closest in meaning to____.
Câu 6: What is the main point of the first paragraph?
A. Deep ocean water is seldom affected by forces that move water
B. Despite the strength of the wind, it only moves surface water
C. The waves created by ocean currents are very large
D. The tides are the most powerful force to affect the movement of ocean water
Câu 7: The words In reality are closest in meaning to____.
Câu 8: Where in the passage does the author mention movements of ocean water other than those caused by tides?
A. Lines 9 – 11
B. Lines 11 - 14
C. Lines 7 - 9
D. Lines 1 – 4
Câu 9: The word configuration is closest in meaning to____.
Câu 10: According to the passage, all of the following statements about tides are true EXCEPT____.
A. The strongest tides occur at the quarters of the Moon
B. The time of high tide is later each day
C. Neap tides are more moderate than spring tides
D. Tides have a greater effect on the sea than waves do
Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the others:
Câu 11: A. solitary B. security C. capacity D. employer
Câu 12: A. edition B. influence C. desperate D. definite
Câu 13: A. diploma B. educate C. vacation D. detective
Câu 14: A. practical B. chemistry C. element D. discover
Câu 15: A. accept B. extreme C. precious D. enough
Choose the sentence that best rewrites the one given:
Câu 16: You should have persuaded him to change his mind.
A. You should persuade him to change his mind.
B. You didn't persuade him to change because of his mind.
C. It was essential to persuade him to change his mind but you didn't.
D. You persuaded him to change his mind but he didn't listen.
Câu 17: We planned to walk round the lake but the heavy rain made this impossible.
A. The heavy rain nearly prevented us from walking right round the lake.
B. In spite of the heavy rain we managed to walk half way round the lake as planned.
C. If it hadn't rained so heavily, we would have walked right round the lake.
D. We would have walked round the lake even if it had rained heavily.
Câu 18: I can't remember when I last saw him, but it's certainly a long time ago.
A. I'd like to forget how many years have passed since I last saw him.
B. We've only met once and that was too long ago for me to remember him.
C. I shall never forget meeting him even though it's a long time ago.
D. I only know it is ages since I saw him and I can't remember when it was.
Câu 19: They said that Paula had quit five jobs before working for us.
A. They said that five jobs had been quit by Paula before working for us.
B. Paula worked for us then she quit five other jobs.
C. It was said that Paula had quit five jobs before working for us.
D. Paula said that she had quit five jobs before working for us.
Câu 20: "You're always making terrible mistakes", said the teacher.
A. The teacher complained about his student making terrible mistakes.
B. The teacher made his students not always make terrible mistakes
C. The teacher asked his students why they always made terrible mistakes.
D. The teacher realized that his students always made terrible mistakes.
Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2016 - Đề số 2
ĐỀ THI GỒM 80 CÂU (TỪ QUESTION 1 ĐẾN QUESTION 80)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 1: There has been a great increase in retail sales, ______?
A. hasn't there B. isn't there C. isn't it D. doesn't it
Question 2: She asked me ______ I was looking at.
A. when B. if C. what D. why
Question 3: Tom: "______" Mike: "I won't say no!"
A. How are things with you, Mike?
B. What about playing badminton this afternoon
C. Mike, do you know where the scissors are?
D. What's your favourite, tea or coffee?
Question 4: Education in many countries is compulsory ______ the age of 16.
A. for B. when C. until D. forwards
Question 5: We must push the piano to the corner of the hall to ______ our party tonight.
A. make place for B. take up room to C. make room for D. give place to
Question 6: ______ his brother, Mike is active and friendly.
A. Alike B. Unlike C. Dislike D. Liking
Question 7: The boat was sailing north when a terrible storm ______ .
A. had broken B. broke C. would break D. was breaking
Question 8: Stephanie: "Oh, no! I left my book at home. Can I share yours?"
A. No, thanks. B. No, not at all! C. Yes, I do too. D. Yes, sure!
Question 9: The Lake District, ______ was made a national park in 1951, attracts a large number of tourists every year.
A. that B. where C. what D. which
Question 10: I'll give this dictionary to ______ wants to have it.
A. anyone B. whatever C. everyone D. whoever
Question 11: No one can avoid ______ by advertisements.
A. to be influenced B. having influenced C. influencing D. being influenced
Question 12: We decided to take a late flight _____we could spend more time with our family.
A. so as to B. in order C. so that D. in order to
Question 13: "What ______ if the earth stopped moving?"
A. happened B. would happen C. happens D. will happen
Question 14: Mai: "Do you want another serving of chicken soup?" Scott: "______."
A. No way B. No comment C. No thanks D. No longer
Question 15: Having traveled to different parts of our country, ______.
A. we have learned a lot about interesting lifestyles and customs
B. we are seeing a lot of interesting lifestyles and customs
C. many interesting lifestyles and customs have been learned by us
D. much has been learned about interesting lifestyles and customs
Question 16: Members of my family share the ______.
A. housewife B. hometown C. homework D. housework
Question 17: Sam: "How long does it take you to get to school?" Mai: "______."
A. About 15 minutes B. 15 pounds C. About 2 kilometres D. 2 years ago
Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2016 - Đề số 3
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.
1. A. responsibility B. originality C. mischievousness D. accommodation
2. A. independent B. appliance C. conscientious D. confidential
3. A. occupation B. determine C. diversity D. miraculous
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
4. A. decorate B. celebrate C. private D. nominate
5. A. mind B. wind C. behind D. find
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
6. "I can't see the stage well from here." - "___________."
A. Neither can I B. I can't neither C. So can I D. Neither can't I
7. If I had studied harder, I__________ better in the last exam.
A. would do B. would have done C. had done D. will do
8. Lan: - "I've failed my final exam." Joe: - "_________"
A. Bad luck! B. I'm sorry. C. Good luck! D. Congratulations!
9. Bob has a bad lung cancer and his doctor has advised him to ________ smoking.
A. turn up B. give up C. take up D. put up
10. So little________ about mathematics that the lecture was completely beyond me.
A. I have known B. I knew C. do I know D. did I know
11. British and Australian people share the same language, but in other respects they are as different as ________.
A. cats and dogs B. chalk and cheese C. salt and pepper D. here and there
12. A few years ago, a fire _____ much of an overcrowded part of the city.
A. devastated B. battled C. developed D. mopped
13. We have to start early ____ we'll be late for school.
A. so that B. although C. or else D. consequently
14. There were a lot people at the party, only few of ____ I had met before.
A. them B. who C. whom D. whose
15. Upon returning from class, _________.
A. a letter was in the mailbox B. letter was found in the mailbox
C. he found a letter in the mailbox D. his mailbox had a letter in it
16. ____ of applicants for this job ____ very big.
A. The number /is B. A number /is C. Numbers /are D. The number /are
17. It's no use ________over ________milk.
A. crying/ spilt B. to cry/ spilling C. crying/ spilling D. crying/ to spill
18. Come with me. I'm seeing "The killer" tomorrow, ________
A. do you? B. shall you? C. are you? D. will you?
19. Left - hand traffic, a custom existing in Britain and some countries, _____ the days when English people went to and fro on horseback.
A. goes back from B. returns back to C. dates back to D. comes round from
20. The more she practices, ____ she becomes.
A. the most confident B. the more confident C. the greater confidence D. more confidently
21. John: "Could you tell me how to get to the nearest post office?" Peter: "____"
A. Sorry for this inconvenience. B. I have no clue.
C. Not at all. D. Sorry, I'm a new comer here.
22. Could you please tell me_______?
A. where does my uncle's room B. where my uncle's room
C. where my uncle's room is D. where is my uncle's room
23. The marathon runner_______for nearly one hour and a half when she _______to the pavement.
A. has been running / collapses B. were running / collapsed
C. had been running / collapsed D. ran / had been collapsing
Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2016 - Đề số 4
Error recognition: In the 4 underlined parts namely A,B,C or D of each sentence below, there is one that needs correcting. Find it.
1. A basic knowledge of social studies, such as history and geography, are considered a basic part of the education of every
A B C
2. So extensive the lakes are that they are viewed as the largest bodies of fresh water in the world.
A B C D
3. Sirius, the Dog Star, is the brightest of almost stars in the sky with an absolute magnitude about twenty-three times that of
A B C D
4. During the first ten years of the space Age, began in 1957, more than 500 artificial satellites were rocketed into the orbit
A B C D
around the Earth.
5. About 8,000 years ago, people began using animals to carry themselves and their belongings.
A B C D
Choose the answer A, B, C or D which best fits the space in each of the following sentences
6. We can't sign this contract because we have got................ information about the partner to base on.
A. too few B. so many C. so little D. too little
7. America, as well as Japan, England, and Germany_______.
A. are developed countries B. are developing countries
C. is a developed country D. is developing countries
8. .........................greyhound, can achieve speeds of up to thirty-six miles per hour.
A. The B. The fastest C. The fastest dog D. The fastest dog, the
9. Since they aren't answering the phone, they _______ their house.
A. need have left B. can't have left C. must have left D. should have left
10. Jim's ______ flu again. That's the third time this year.
A. led up to B. come up with C. gone down with D. put up with
11. Not everybody thinks the building is ugly. .................,some people say it looks marvelous.
A. On the contrary B. Because C. Although D. Since
12. Jim: "What about going out for some drinks?" Linda: "...................... Let's do that."
A. I can't agree with you more. B. I'm afraid I can't do.
C. Sorry, I don't like D. No, it's interesting, isn't it?
13. A few animals sometimes fool their enemies ______ to be dead.
A. to be appearing B. to appear C. by appearing D. have been appearing
14. _______ to his brother's graduation ceremony, George wouldn't have met Mary.
A. Had he not gone B. Hadn't he gone
C. If he has not gone D. If he shouldn't have gone
15. Nowadays children would prefer history lessons_____ in more practical ways.
A. to be delivered B. delivered C. be delivered D. to be delivering
Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2016 - Đề số 5
I. Read the text below and decide which answer (A, B, C, or D) best fits each blank
For thousands of years, smallpox was a ______ (1) disease which threatened people in every continent, and every few years there were epidemics which kill millions of people. It is believed that the disease began in China and then ______ (2) slowly to the other continents. The first known victim was Rameses V, the pharaoh of Egypt, who showed all the main symptoms of the disease, including the terrible rash, and who died ______ (3) it in 1157 BC.
Over the centuries, many doctors tried to find a cure for the disease but ______ (4) succeeded. However, in 1774, a doctor called Edward Jenner decided to investigate the ______ (5) that people who had had cowpox could not be infected with smallpox. Cowpox was a much less serious disease, and hardly ever caused any lasting problems. Jenner discovered that it was possible to protect people from smallpox by giving them cowpox first, and he began to vaccinate large numbers of people
______ (6) the disease.
It was soon clear that anyone who had had a vaccination was immune to smallpox. This was because humans, when they are infected with cowpox, ______ (7) antibodies.These protect people by attacking and killing the smallpox virus if it enters the body.
Vaccination has become the standard treatment for the disease, ______ (8) no cure has ever been found. In 1958, the World Health Organization decided to try and vaccinate everyone in the world, and after a massive international campaign, smallpox was ______ (9). The last man in the world to catch it was Ali Maow Maalin from Merka in Somalia - and fortunately he ______ (10) from the disease.
1. A. terrified B. terrifying C. terrible D. terrorized
2. A. extended B. expanded C. spread D. transmitted
3. A. of B. by C. for D. with
4. A. not B. none C. neither D. few
5. A. confidence B. faith C. belief D. concept
6. A. from B. against C. off D. away from
7. A. create B. issue C. produce D. generate
8. A. if B. so that C. unless D. although
9. A. eradicated B. abolished C. destroyed D. erased
10. A. suffered B.got over C. restored D. recovered
II. Choose the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions
11. In response to the pay offer, there is a walk-out at the factory. No worker is going to work today.
A. meeting B. conference C. party D. strike
12. Jack was very lazy. He did no work and spent most of the time playing video games. As a result, he failed the exam.
A. Finally B. However C. Consequently D. Although
13. We need a proper investigation to get to the bottom of things.
A. read bottom-up B. climb from the bottom to the top
C. drive up the street D. find the true explanation or the state of affairs
III. Choose the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
14. There's a world of difference between being a teacher and a student.
A. a great similarity B. a yawning gap C. on the contrary D. a great divide
15. Everyone loves him and wants to make friends with him as he is even-tempered.
A. sociable B. quarrelsome C. easy-going D. ambitious
IV. Choose one word whose stress pattern is different from that of the others (5p)
16. A. periodic B. suspicious C. description D. electric
17. A. advantage B. adverbial C. adventure D. advertise
18. A. organism B. intimate C. fortunate D. substantial