Đề thi tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa học kì 1 năm 2020 - 2021 số 3
Đề thi giữa kì 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 8 có đáp án
Đề kiểm tra giữa học kì 1 lớp 8 môn Anh có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong đề kiểm tra giữa kì 1 tiếng Anh 8 năm 2020 - 2021 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa kì 1 có đáp án bao gồm nhiều dạng bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 mới thường gặp giúp các em nâng cao kỹ năng tiếng Anh cơ bản.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
|1.A.addiction||B. vast||C. craft||D. pasture|
|2. A. thank||B. northern||C. earthen||D. ethnic|
Mark the letter A, B, C, D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
|3. A. collect||B. disturb||C. detest||D. gather|
|4. A. local||B. virtual||C. unique||D. basic|
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
5. They asked (A) a lot of questions, checked (B) their figures, and came up with (C) a best (D) solution.
6. She is (A) very keen at (B) drawing and she really wants (C) to have her own (D) gallery.
7. We didn’t see (A) her recently (B), so we don’t (C) know anything about (D) her.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. 'Well, your sister has never cooked well,…………?” Aunt Alice asked me.
A. hasn't she
B. has she
C. doesn't she
D. does she
9. We found the film ……………………..because of the excellent actors and actresses.
10. The church near our school…………. in the 16th century.
A. was built
B. was building
11. Cathy got up early; ………….. , she did not catch the train.
12. The __________ have a very hard life. They cannot live permanently in one place.
13. His parents feel very sad and upset because he’s __________ to computer games.
14. I love the __________ sky on starry nights. It looks fantastic.
15. __________ a horse is one of the skills every child in Mongolia has to learn.
16. Most farm households in our village can’t live on their farm work. They have to rely __________ a job outside the farm.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following sentences.
17. They raise cows, buffaloes for their own use.
18. The Muong in Hoa Binh and Thanh Hoa are well-known for their rich folk literature and their traditional songs.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following sentences.
19. Life in the city seems to be more complicated than life in the country.
B. more simple
C. more difficult
20. English is becoming more and more important to people in the modern world.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to complete each of the following exchanges.
21. Minh: We’re going to the countryside this weekend.
A. No, thanks.
B. You’re welcome.
C. How interesting!
D. Thank you.
22. Jack: Do you mind shutting down the computer?
A. Yes, I do.
B. No problem.
C. No, I am not.
D. Yes, it’s all right.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
A recent survey conducted by TIRA, a Vietnamese research company, highlights (23) ________ about the lifestyles of Vietnamese teenagers in urban areas. There is an imbalance in their consumption of time for studying and recreational activities. On average, these teenagers spend 9.5 hours a day (24) ________ studies at school and at home. They only have about four hours for (25) ________. Most of this time is spent on watching television and the internet, where they chat through social networks. The teenagers admit that they use computers to play games and to chat with friends much more than using it for studying purposes. The survey also shows that during summer months, (26) ________ having much more free time than during school years, these teenagers still fail to manage their time properly. They stay in bed longer and then get (27) ________ to games and TV. The time for computers and TV increases significantly to about five or six hours a day, while there is almost no time for physical outdoor activities.
|23. A. benefits||B. disadvantages||C. problems||D. advantages|
|24. A. at||B. in||C. for||D. on|
|25. A. entertainment||B. entertainer||C. entertain||D. entertaining|
|26. A. although||B. in spite||C. despite||D. but|
|27. A. interested||B. hooked||C. addicted||D. keen|
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Making a film takes a long time and is very hard work. Writing the story for the film may take many weeks. Filming the story, or shooting the film, often takes at least six months. Actors and cameramen work from very early in the morning until late at night. Each scene had to be acted and reacted, filmed and refilmed, until it is just right. Sometimes the same scene has to be acted twenty or thirty times.
The film studio is like a large factory and the indoor stages are very big indeed. Scenery of all kinds is made in the studio; churches, castles and forests are all built of wood and cupboard. Several hundred people work together to make one film. Some of these people are actors and actresses. The director of the film, however, is the most important person in a studio. He decides how the scene should be filmed and how the actors should act.
Most people go to see a film because they know the film stars in it. Sometimes the film may be very poor. It is best to choose a film made by a good director. Some famous directors make their film very real. People feel that they themselves are among the people in the film.
28. Shooting a film often takes…..
A. less than six month
B. at least six months
C. many weeks
D. from early in the morning until late at night
29. Some scenes have to be filmed many times because
A. it takes a long time to make a film
B. it is often difficult to make them just right
C. many people work together
D. the film is poor
30. Which of the following is compared to a factory?
A. The film studio
B. The indoor stage
C. The scene
D. A poor film
31. The director of a film
A. is always an actor
B. makes the scenery
C. is a film star
D. says how each scene should be filmed
32. We should choose a film which
A. has actors we know
B. seems very real
C. takes a long time to make
D. is made by a good director
Write new sentences as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentences, using the given words. Do not change the given words in any ways
33. She enjoys going to the suburbs and painting pictures of natural landscapes. HOOKED
34. The boy spent hours and hours playing chess with his grandfather. TOOK
35. People made a fire by rubbing pieces of bamboo but now it no longer exists. USED
36. Although they made careful preparations, they had a lot of difficulties in making the film. DESPITE
Finish the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, beginning with the given words or using suggestions
37. Herding buffaloes is more difficult than loading the rice.
=> Loading the rice is ___________________________________
38. Young people move faster than old people.
=> Old people move ____________________________________
39. "Let's organize a sponsored cycling race." said the children.
=> The children suggested ______________________________
40. Mary speaks English better than her sister.
=> Mary’s sister speaks _________________________________
33. She is hooked on going to the suburbs and painting pictures of natural landscapes.
34. It took the boy hours and hours to play chess with his grandfather.
35. People used to make a fire by rubbing pieces of bamboo.
36. Despite making careful preparations, they had a lot of difficulties in making the film.
37. Loading the rice is easier than herding buffaloes.
38. Old people move more slowly than young people.
39. The children suggested organizing a sponsored cycling race.
40. Mary’s sister speaks English worse than her/ she does.
Đáp án có trong file tải: Đề thi tiếng Anh giữa kì 1 lớp 8 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 8 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh 8, Trắc nghiệm trực tuyến Tiếng Anh 8, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 8,.... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.