Giải SGK Unit 3 lớp 12 Ways of socialising Listening - Writing - Language focus
Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 3: Listening - Writing - Language Focus sẽ giúp học sinh chuẩn bị bài ở nhà để vào lớp tiếp thu bài tốt hơn để chuẩn bị cho các kỳ thi - kiểm tra Tiếng Anh lớp 12, và là tài liệu để giáo viên và phụ huynh tham khảo trong quá trình hướng dẫn và giảng dạy tiếng Anh lớp 12.
* Xem thêm Hướng dẫn học Unit 3 tiếng Anh lớp 12 tại:
Giải bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 3 lớp 12 Ways of socialising
C. Listening trang 34 - 35 - 36 SGK tiếng Anh 12 Unit 3
Before You Listen
Work with a partner. Study the pictures and answer the questions. (Làm việc với một bạn cùng học. Khảo sát các hình và trả lời các câu hỏi.)
1. They're talking on the phone.
2. They would say "Hello" to greet each other.
3. I think they would talk aboul their usual jobs and things happening to them.
4. It would take them about five minutes to finish their calls because they are on the move in the street.
While You Listen
Task 1: Linda Cupple. a social worker, advises you and people on how to use (he telephone in their family. Listen to her talk and decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F). (Linda, một cán bộ xã hội, khuyên người trẻ cách dùng điện thoại ở gia đình. Lắng nghe cuộc nói chuyện của cô và quyết định những câu nói đúng (T) hay sai (F).
1. The telephone often causes arguments between members of the family. T
2. A reasonable length of time for a call is the main problem. T
3. Ten minutes is a reasonable length of time for a call.T
4. Young people should not receive a call at dinner time T
5. Young people often call their friends at night. T
6. You can't call your friends at any time even when you have a separate telephone T
The Telephone - Potential Family Background
Hello, everyone. In today's talk I'm going to give you some pieces of advice on how to use the telephone in the most decent way so as lo avoid unnecessary disagreements between you and members of your family.
The telephone, as you know, is a marvelous instrument, but it may cause arguments between you and your parents-arguments that could be easily avoided if you would sit down, talk it over and agree to a few simple regulations.
The most obvious problem, of course, is what everyone considers a reasonable length of time for a call. The exact duration must be worked out with your parents, but ten minutes should be an absolute maximum. That's certainly long enough to say almost anything in five different ways, and yet it isn't so long that other members of the family will become apoplectic. Even when your parents are out, the length of your call should be limited, because they, or someone else, may he trying to reach your home for a very important reason.
Calling hours should be agreed upon. If your parents object to your leaving the dinner table to take calls, tell your friends to avoid calling at that hour, if someone does phone, ask him to call back, or offer to call him when dinner's over.
A serious calling problem is calling very late at night, or very early on weekend mornings. This particular mistake is made mostly by young people who consider 10 or 11 pm. when a lot of tired adults are happily sleeping, the shank of the evening.
So please tell your friends not lo call after ten o'clock. The shock of waking out of a sound sleep and the fright of that instant thought - "There's an accident" - are enough to give your parents a heart attack. Weekend morning calls aren't so startling but it's the one time your parents can sleep late.
If your mother and father, out of kindness, have installed a separate phone for you, remember that you're still a member of a family. So try to stick to your family's regulations. That's all for my talk today. Thank you lor listening.
Task 2: Listen to part of Ms Linda Cupple's talk again and write the missing words. (Nghe lại một phần của cuộc nói chuyện của bà Linda Cupple và viết những từ thiếu.)
Calling hours should be (1) .........upon. If your parents object to your leaving the dinner table to take calls, tell your friends (2).............calling at that hour; if someone does phone, ask him to call back, or offer to call him when dinner's over.
A serious calling problem is calling very late at night, or very early in the morning. This (3).................... mistake is made mostly by young people who consider 10 or 11 p.m, when a lot of tired(4)...........are happily sleeping, the shank of the evening. So please tell your friends not to call after ten o'clock. The shock of(5)..............out of a sound sleep and the fright of that instant thought - "There's an accident" - are enough to give your parents a(6)......... attack. Weekend morning calls aren't so startling, but it's the one time your parents can sleep late
If your mother and father, out of (7) ............, have installed a separate phone for you. remember that you're still a member of a family. So try (8).........to vour family's regulations.
1. agreed 2. to avoid 3. particular 4. adults
2. waking 6. heart 7. kindness 8. to stick
After You Listen
Listen again. Summarize Ms Linda Cupple's talk, beginning with. (Nghe lại. Tóm tắt bài nói chuyện của Bà Linda Clippie, bắt đầu với).
In this talk. Ms Linda Cupple gives us some pieces of advice on how to use the telephone in the family.
The first is to work out a reasonable length of time for a call after a discussion with our parents, usually ten minutes at most. And it's the duration of time for receiving or making a call at the usual time. Next, it's a great problem to make a call very late at night or early in the morning, particularly on weekends, because it's the time your parents can sleep late. So even you have a separate phone, try to stick to the family's regulations
D. Writing trang 36 - 37 SGK tiếng Anh 12 Unit 3
Task 1. Use the words to make sentences. Change the form of the verb. (No addition or omission is required. Sử dụng các từ để viết câu. Có thể thay đổi hình thức của động từ. Nhưng không cần thêm hoặc bớt từ nào.
1. There are many ways to tell someone goodbye, and most of them depend on the situation at hand.
2. However, there is one rule that all situations observe: We seldom say goodbye abruptly.
3. In English it is necessary to prepare a person for our departure.
4. We lead into the farewell by saying something pleasant and thoughtful like "I've really enjoyed talking to you".
5. We might also say something relating to the time like "Gosh, I can't believe how late it is! I really must be going!"
Task 2. Put the sentences of the two paragraphs below in their right order. Write the re-ordered paragraphs in the space provided. Sắp xếp các câu của hai đoạn văn dưới đây theo đúng thứ tự của nó. Viết các đoạn văn đã được sắp xếp vào phần khoảng trống đã cho.
- Thứ tự:
1. C; 2. E; 3. A; 4. B; 5. D
- Đoạn văn:
It is difficult to write rules that tell exactly when you should apologize, but it is not difficult to learn how. If we have done something to hurt someone's feeling, we apologize. An apology indicates that we realize we've made a mistake, and we're sorry for it. It's a way of expressing our regret or sorrow for something. When we apologize, we admit our wrongdoing or discourtesy, usually a reason for it, and express regret.
- Thứ tự:
1. C; 2. E; 3. B; 4. A; 5. D
- Đoạn văn:
The simplest way to apologize is to say "I'm sorry." Let's take a common situation. Tom is late for class and enters the classroom. What does he do? The most polite action is usually to take a seat as quietly as possible and apologize later. But if the teacher stops and waits for him to say something, he could apologize simply "I'm sorry I'm late", ask permission to take his seat and sit down. Naturally, more than this is needed, but it is not the time for It because it has already caused some interruption and doesn't need to make it any longer.
E. Language Focus trang 38 - 39 - 40 SGK tiếng Anh 12 Unit 3
- Pronunciation : Stress in two-syllable words.
- Grammar: Reported Speech
Exercise 1 : Last week you met Thuan, a friend you hadn't seen for a long time. Look at the list of things he said to you, then tell another friend what he said. Use reported speech. Tuần rồi em gặp Thuan, một người bạn từ lâu em không gặp. Nhìn vào danh sách những việc anh ấy nói với em, sau đó kể cho một người hạn khác những gì anh ấy nói. Dùng lời tường thuật.
1. I'm going to work in Ho Chi Minh City next July.
2. I work for a big company.
3. I'm their marketing manager.
4. The company has opened an office in Ho Chi Minh City.
5. It has been very successful.
6. I have been chosen to run an office in District 5.
7. How long have you been learning English?
8 . I don't have much time to enjoy myself.
9. I hope you will come and visit me in Ho Chi Minh City.
10. I hope I will be successful in Ho Chi Minh City.
Tell your friend what Thuan said:
1. Thuan said he worked for a big company.
2. Thuan said he was their marketing manager.
3. Thuan said the company had opened an office in Ho Chi Minh City.
4. Thuan said it had been very successful.
Exercise 2. Lan was angry with Tung. Tuan tried to help them get back together, and talked to Lan for Tung. Read the dialogue and complete the conversation Tuan had with Tung. Lan đang giận Tùng. Tuấn cố giúp họ làm lành với nhau và thuyết phục Lan hộ Tùng. Hãy đọc đoạn hội thoại và hoàn tất đoạn hội thoại giữa Tuấn với Tùng.
(1) she didn't want to talk to you.
(2) was upset
(3) was not interested
(4) had promised to go to the cinema
(5) hadn't turned up
(6) didn't want to see you
(7) there was a telephone in the restaurant
(8) didn't believe you had tried
(9) she would talk to you later
(10) she had to go otherwise she would be late for school.
Trên đây là Giải SGK tiếng Anh 12 Unit 3 Listening - Writing - Language focus chi tiết nhất. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 12 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 12 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.