Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 9: A first aid course - Lesson 4
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 9: A first aid course - Lesson 4 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 8 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
1. Aims: At the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to:
- Write a thank-you note to their friends and invite them to go on picnic.
- Revise Simple Past tense.
* Grammar: How to write a thank-you letter.
3. Skills: Reading and Writing
1. Teacher: Leson plan, poster, situations.
2. Students: The form of an informal letter
1. Revision: Write the past form for the following verbs
1. give→ .......... 2. send→.......... 3. help→ ................ 4. receive→........... 5. be→.......... 6. come→ ..............
2. New lesson:
*) Lead-in: Chatting
?Have you ever written a thank - you note to your friends? When?
? What did you talk about?
Introduces the task of the lesson.
1. Gap-fill (P.84)
- Puts the letter on the overhead and asks Ss to read it through.
- Revises the way to complete the verb tense form and asks Ss to share their ideas to complete the letter.
- Goes round to help Ss and then gets feedback.
- Asks Ss to check their results.
*) Answer key:
1. was 2. were 3. helped
4. came 5. am 6. will phone
- Asks questions:
? What did Hoa send Nga?
? On what occasion/ When?
? What were they like/ Were the flowers beautiful?
? What does Nga want to invite Hoa?
? When will she phone Nga?
2. Ask and answer the questions (P.85)
*) Possible questions:
? What did your friend send you? (book, hat, card…)
? On what occasion/ When?(birthday, new year, christmas…)
? What were they like (nice, beautiful, lovely, ...)
- Sets the scene in which the students will invite their friend to go on a picnic.
- Hangs on the questions and checks them through
- Asks Ss to ask and answer the questions in pairs.
- Gets feedback and helps Ss to correct.
*Write a thank-you note to invite your friend to go on a picnic.
- Asks Ss to write a letter by answering the above questions.
- Goes round to help Ss.
- Asks each group to choose one and write it on the cellophanes.
- Gets three dafts and puts them on the overhead.
- Asks Ss to correct the letter and helps Ss to make it better.
- Read through the letter.
- Express their ideas and work in groups to use the correct form of the verbs in parentheses
- Cross-check other groups.
- Give their ideas and take notes
- Read the letter quickly to answer these individually
? How did you feel when received the present? (happy, interested,…)
? How do you feel now? (bored, happy ...)
? What do you want to invite your friend
? When, Where?
? How will contact your friend (phone, write a letter,..........)
- Follow teacher/s instructions.
- Read them through and pick out the way to answers them.
- Ask and answer them in pairs, then show their ideas to the front.
- Correct themselves.
- Write their letter individually, then compare their work in groups.
- Choose the best one and complete it.
- Give their comments about the form of the letter, spelling and arrangement in a thank-you note letter.
- Note down mistakes and correct themselves.
- Asks Ss to write a letter about: invite their friend to go to the movies/ to go camping/ attend your birthday party
- Asks Ss to prepare: Language Focus - P.86-88: Request, Offer and Advice sentences.