Bài tập ở nhà tiếng Anh lớp 10 mới trong thời gian nghỉ dịch Corona (từ 24/02 - 29/02)
Bài tập ở nhà trong thời gian nghỉ Corona môn Anh 10
Đề ôn tập tiếng Anh lớp 10 trong thời gian nghỉ phòng chống dịch Corona có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ tài liệu Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 10 mới do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 10 có đáp án được biên tập bám sát nội dung SGK tiếng Anh lớp 10 của bộ Giáo dục & đào tạo giúp các em ôn tập kiến thức hiệu quả.
Lưu ý: Nếu không tìm thấy nút Tải về bài viết này, bạn vui lòng kéo xuống cuối bài viết để tải về.
I. Find the word which has a different sound in the part underlined.
|1. A. engaged||B. favourable||C. status||D. national|
|2. A. contrast||B. force||C. fortune||D. Capricor|
II. Choose the word which has a different stress pattern from the others.
|3. A. superstitious||B. complicated||C. situated||D. interestingly|
|4. A. ritual||B. diverse||C. affect||D. belief|
III. Complete the questions about weddings in your culture with the correct form of the words below.
best man; reception; speech; anniversity; honeymoon;
bridemaids; guests; groom; bride; ceremony; marriage; couple
5. Where is the usually held: at home or in church?
6. Is there usually a after the ceremony?
7. Does the groom have a at the ceremony?
8. Does the bride have any_____________ with her?
9. How many are usually invited?
10. Do the couples traditionally go on their after the wedding?
IV. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the superlative form of the adjectives given.
11. Mount Everest is higher than every mountain in the world. (high)
12. No ocean in the world is deeper than the Pacific. (deep)
13. Many people believe that no sea in the world is warmer than the Red Sea. (warm)
14. The Nile is longer than any other river in the world. (long)
15. Russia is bigger than any other country in the world. (big)
V. Complete the sentences with a, an or the, or Ø if they are correct without an article.
16. ________ people from England who went to live in North America nearly 400 years ago were
17. These people wanted to start _____ new life in _____ new country, but they faced a lot of
difficulties because they didn't know anything about the new land.
18. The Pilgrims didn't know how to grow _____ food or build _____ homes, so a lot of them
became very ill.
19. On one spring day, ______ Pilgrims met two Native Americans, Squanto and Samoset, who could
20. Squanto and Samoset became ______ friends with the Pilgrims and gave them a lot of advice about how to grow food and build homes to make their lives easier.
VI. Choose the word of phrase among A, B, C or D that best fits the blank in the following
Giving a birthday present to a Vietnamese (21)______ that you pay attention to a few cultural (22)______ of etiquette. You should pay attention to the recipient’s tastes and hobbies. Flowers, souvenirs, or an item that your friends like best is suitable for the (23)______ .
Moreover, a birthday gift (24)______ covered in colorful papers. It is important that you should take care (25)______ your present. It is best to (26) black which is the signal of (27)______ in Asian countries, (28)______ Viet Nam. It is best to wrap your present in bright, cheery colours, like red or pink.
In short, choosing a birthday gift in Viet Nam is (29)______ choosing one in other countries. In general, money is not (30)______: Vietnamese people honour the phrase-Plenty of money does not count, the heart does.
|21. A. asks||B. requires||C. requests||D. tells|
|22. A. rules||B. regulations||C. laws||D. notes|
|23. A. condition||B. culture||C. relation||D. situation|
|24. A. be||B. should be||C. should||D. was|
|25. A. to wrap||B. wrapping||C. of wrapping||D. for wrapping|
|26. A. avoid||B. allow||C. stop||D. refuse|
|27. A. die||B. dead||C. death||D. dying|
|28. A. include||B. including||C. included||D. and including|
|29. A. more difficult||B. most difficult||C. so difficult as||D. as difficult a|
|30. A. trouble||B. a problem||C. a conflict||D. an issue|
VII. Read a text about common wedding rituals in the USA and answer the questions that
Common Wedding Rituals in the USA
Being a country of different cultural races, there is a great variety of wedding styles in the United States. However, the majority of weddings nowadays still follow a number of traditions. One of the traditions dating back to the nineteenth century is about what a bride should wear on her wedding day. It is commonly believed that on her wedding day, the bride should carry with her 'something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue’. This is because each of these things has a special meaning for the bride on this big day.
When a bride wears 'something old’, it reminds her of her family and the past. Thus, some brides may wear their mother's wedding dress or a piece of her jewellery.
'Something new’ that the bride wears means good luck and hope for a happy future with her husband. This new item is usually a pair of new shoes, or it can be the wedding dress or something else.
When the bride wears 'something borrowed’, it symbolizes the help and support she gets from her friends and her family when ever she needs it. An example of 'something borrowed’ can be a married friend's bridal veil or a friend's handkerchief.
'Something blue’ means trust and faith between the bride and the groom. Nowadays, some brides are creative with this item. For example, they may have their fingernails painted blue. Nevertheless, the most popular blue item is the garter that the bride wears on her leg.
Things are changing fast these days; however, the rituals about what the bride should wear on her wedding day remain kept strictly by a lot of women in the USA.
31. When did the tradition about what the bride should wear on her wedding day start?
A. From the 8th century
B. From the 9th century
C. From the 18th century
D. From the 19th century
32. What might the bride wear to remind her of her family and the past?
A. Her mother's wedding dress
B. A pair of new shoes
C. A friend's handkerchief
D. A blue garter
33. Which item symbolizes good luck and hope for a happy future?
A. Something old
B. Something new
C. Something borrowed
D. Something blue
34. When the bride wears something borrowed, what does it symbolize?
A. Her past memories
B. Her wish for a better future
C. Support from her family and friends
D. The trust and faith between the bride and the groom
35. Why do some brides have their fingernails painted blue?
A. To show the importance of something blue they wear
B. Because so many brides paint their fingernails a blue colour
C. To show how creative some brides are
D. To explain why some brides don't wear blue garters
VIII. Use the prompts given to write questions about tea customs in Viet Nam.
36. Vietnamese tea ceremony/ pleasant sign/ hospitality/ deep social importance.
37. In general, Vietnames tea drinking tradition/ a bridge/ that/ bring people together/ help/ understand/ each other better.
38. During/ Nguyen Dynasty/ tea drinking ritual/ brought/ level of art.
39. Tea drinking/ customary practice/ wedding and engagement ceremonies.
40. Marrying couples/ use/ ritual of drinking tea/ wedding ceremony/ express/ their affection/ each other.
1 - D; 2 - A; 3 - A; 4 - A;
5 - ceremony; 6 - reception; 7 - speech; 8 - bridesmaids; 9 - guests; 10 - honeymoon;
11 - Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world.;
12 - The Pacific is the deepest ocean in the world.;
13 - Many people believe that the Red Sea is the warmest sea in the world.
14 - The Nile is the longest river in the world.;
15 - Russia is the biggest country in the world.;
16 - the; 17 - a / a; 18 - Ø/ Ø; 19 - the; 20 - Ø;
21 - B; 22 - A; 23 - D; 24 - B; 25 - C; 26 - A; 27 - C; 28 - B; 29 - D; 30 - B;
31 - D; 32 - A; 33 - D; 34 - C; 35 - C;
36 - Vietnamese tea ceremony is a pleasant sign of hospitality with deep social importance.
37 - In general, Vietnamese tea drinking tradition is a bridge that brings people together and helps to better understand each other.
38 - During the Nguyen dynasty, tea drinking ritual was brought to the level of art.
39 - Tea drinking is a customary signature practice at wedding and engagement ceremonies.
40 - Marrying couples use the ritual of drinking tea at the wedding ceremony to express their affection for each other.
Trên đây là Bài ôn tập ở nhà môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 trong thời gian nghỉ Corona. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 10 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 10, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 theo từng Unit trực tuyến,.... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.