Bài tập ôn tập các Thì trong tiếng Anh
Bài tập ôn tập các Thì trong tiếng Anh có đáp án
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Bài tập ôn tập các Thì trong tiếng Anh có đáp án do chúng tôi sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây. Tài liệu tiếng Anh lớp 10 này tổng hợp dạng bài ngữ pháp về phần Thì sẽ là nguồn tài liệu hữu ích giúp các bạn nâng cao hiệu quả học tập. Sau đây mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
Bài tập Thì week 1
I. The past continuous tense. Put the verbs in brackets into the past continuous tense.
1. Who you (talk) to on the phone as I came in. – I (talk) to Mr. Peter.
2. She (stand) at the bus stop. I asked her what bus she (wait) for.
3. While he (learn) to drive, he had 25 accidents.
4. He had a bad fall while he (repair) his roof.
5. While we (fish) someone came to the house and left this note.
6. I went to the garden to see what the boys (do). Jame (water) the trees, Peter (cut) the grass.
7. What your father (do) at this time last week? – He (read) newspapers in his room.
8. Yesterday when I came to the Parker family, they (have) dinner.
9. Last period while my teacher (explain) the lesson, I (listen) to her attentively and (take) notes.
10. At 8 o’clock last Sunday, I (tidy) my room, my mother (do) the housework, my younger sister (study).
II. The simple past or the past continuous tense?
1. I (make) the cake when the light went out. I (have) to finish it in dark.
2. I didn’t want to meet Peter, so when he entered the room, I (leave).
3. He (watch) TV when the phone rang.
4. When I arrived, she (have) lunch.
5. He (play) the guitar outside her house when someone opened the window and (throw) out a bucket of water.
6. When I (look) for my passport I (find) this old photograph.
7. You looked very busy when I (see) you last night. What you (do)?
8. When I (see) him, he (paint) a picture.
9. When I (arrive) at the station, Mary (wait) for me. She (wear) a blue dress and (look) very pretty.
10. I (find) this ring as I (dig) in the garden.
11. The burglar (open) the safe when he (hear) footsteps.
12. They (build) that bridge when I (be) here last year. They haven’t finished it yet.
13. While I (wonder) whether to buy the dress or not, someone else (come) and (buy) it.
14. What you (do) when the doorbell (ring)? - I (make) a cake.
And what you (do) when you (hear) the bell?
- I (go) to answer it of course. But I (open) the door there (be) nobody there.
15. Who you (talk) to when I (see) you this morning.
16. When she (come) this boy (make) the little girl (cry).
17. Yesterday evening while she (cook) , her husband with her children (watch) TV.
18. Last year my family (fly) to Ho Chi Minh city. There we (take) a lot of pictures and (buy) a lot of presents.
19. What you (do) between seven and eight last night? - We (have) dinner.
20. The film wasn’t very good. I (nott enjoy) it very much.
21. Linda (forget) (bring) her guitar yesterday.
III. The present perfect tense.
1. Where you (be)? - I (be) to the dentist.
2. You (have) breakfast?
3. He just (go) out.
4. You (hear) from her lately?
5. How long you (Know) Mr Pitt?
- I (know) him for ten years.
6. He (post) the letter?
7. Why he (not finish)? He (have) plenty of time.
8. I (not pay) the telephone bill yet.
9. I (ask) him to dinner for several times.
10. My parents (buy) a new house recently.
11. David (live) here since 1988.
12. We just (meet) our teacher.
13. You ever (watch) that play?
14. She (not be) in Paris yet.
15. He ever (drink) whisky?
16. The pupils (not paint) the school gate yet.
17. They already (know) one another.
18. We (wait) for the bus here since 8 o’ clock.
19. It (not rain) here since last November.
20. They (not decide) what to do yet.
IV. Present perfect tense or simple past tense?
1. How long you (live) here? – I (live) here since 1970.
2. He (live) in Paris for two years and then (go) to EDINBURGH.
3. You (wear) your hair long when you were aat school.
4. But when I (leave) school I (cut) my hair and (wear) it short ever since.
5. My brother (write) several plays. He just (finish) his second tragedy.
6. He (not smoke) for over five years.
7. When you (begin) school? – I (begin) school when I (be) five. I (go) to a primary school first. I (stay) there for six years and then I (go) to a comprehensive school.
8. How long you (work) for Johns and Company? – I (work) for them for two years.
9. I (buy) a new house last year, but I (not sell) my old house yet, so at the moment I have two houses.
10. Ann (go) to Canada six months ago. She (work) in Canada for a while and then (go) to the United States.
11. I (write) the letter but I can’t find a stamp.
12. Here are your shoes; I just (clean) them.
13. I (leave) home at 8.00 and (get) here at twelve.
14. You (lock) the door before you left the house?
15. I (read) his books when I was at school. I (enjoy) them very much.
16. I can’t go out because I (not finish) my work.
17. I never (drink) coffee.
18. He just (go) out.
19. He (go) out ten minutes ago.
20. You (have) breakfast yet? – I (have) it at 8 o’clock.
21. I (meet) him last June.
22. You (see) the Moon last night?
23. The play just (begin). You are a little late.
24. The actors (arrive) yesterday and (start) rehearsal early this morning.
25. Mr. Brown is the bank manager. He (be) here for five years.
26. I (not see) your aunt recently. – No. she (not go) out of her house since she (buy) her color TV.
27. The plumber (be) here yet? – Yes, but he only (stay) for an hour.
28. How long you (be) out of work? – I am not out of work now. I just (start) my new job.
29. You know she (stand) __________looking at that picture for the last twenty minutes.
30. I (spend) __________ a lot of time travelling since I (get) __________this new job.
31. When we (be) __________ at school we all (study) __________Latin.
32. When I (meet) __________ him , he (work) __________as a waiter for a year.
33. After he (finish) __________ breakfast he (sit) __________down to write some letters.
34. She (have) __________a hard life, but she's always smiling.
35. I think Jim (be) __________ out of town.
V: Choose the best answer among A, B, C, or D.
1. When I last saw him, he _____ in London.
A. has lived
B. is living
C. was living
D. has been living
2. We _______ Dorothy since last Saturday.
A. don’t see
B. haven’t seen
C. didn’t see
D. hadn’t seen
3. The train ______ half an hour ago.
A. has been leaving
C. has left
D. had left
4. Jack ______ the door.
A. has just painted
C. will have painted
5. My sister ________ for you since yesterday.
A. is looking
B. was looking
C. has been looking
6. I ______ Texas State University now.
A. am attending
C. was attending
7. He has been selling motorbikes ________.
A. ten years ago
B. since ten years
C. for ten years ago
D. for ten years
8. Christopher Columbus _______ American more than 500 years ago.
B. has discovered
C. had discovered
D. had been discovering
9. He fell down when he ______ towards the church.
C. was running
D. had run
10. We _______ there when our father died.
A. still lived
B. lived still
C. was still lived
D. was still living
11. They ______ table tennis when their father comes back home.
A. will play
B. will be playing
D. would play
12. By Christmas, I _______ for Mr. Smith for six years.
A. will have been working
B. will work
C. have been working
D. will be working
13. I _______ in the room right now
A. am being
B. was being
C. have been being
14. I ______ to New York three times this year.
A. have been
D. had been
15. I’ll come and see you before I _______ for the States.
B. will leave
C. have left
D. shall leave
16. The little girl asked what _______ to her friend.
A. has happened
C. had happened
D. would have been happened
17. John ______ a book when I saw him.
A. is reading
C. was reading
18. He said he _______ return later.
D. would be
19. Jack ________ the door.
A. has just opened
C. have opened
20. I have been waiting for you ______ .
A. since early morning
B. since 9 a.m
C. for two hours
D. All are correct
21. Almost everyone _______ for home by the time we arrived.
D. had left
22. By the age of 25, he ______ two famous novels.
C. has written
D. had written
23. When her husband was in the army, Mary ______ to him twice a week
A. was reading
C. was written
D. had written
24. I couldn’t cut the grass because the lawn mower ______ a few days previously.
A. broke down
B. has been broken
C. had broken down
D. breaks down
25. I have never played badminton before. This is the first time I _____ to play.
C. have tried
D. am trying
26. Since _______, I have heard nothing from him.
A. he had left
B. he left
C. he has left
D. he was left
27. After I _______ lunch, I looked for my bag.
B. had had
C. have has
D. have had
28. By the end of next year, George _______ English for two years.
A. will have learned
B. will learn
C. has learned
D. would learn
29. The man got out of the car, ________ round to the back and opened the book.
30. Henry _______ into the restaurant when the writer was having dinner.
A. was going
C. has gone
D. did go
31. He will take the dog out for a walk as soon as he ______ dinner.
C. will finish
32. I will be glad if he _______ with us.
A. had gone
B. did go
33 Ask her to come and see me when she _______ her work.
B. has finished
34. Turn off the gas. Don’t you see that the kettle ________ ?
C. is boiling
35. Tom and Mary ______ for Vietnam tomorrow.
B. are leaving
D. are left
36. He always ________ for a walk in the evening.
B. is going
37. Her brother ______ in Canada at present.
C. is working
38. I ______ to the same barber since last year.
A. am going
B. have been going
D. had gone
39. Her father ______ when she was a small girl.
C. has died
D. had died
40. Last week, my professor promised that he ________ today.
A. would come
B. will come
VI: Choose the underlined part in each sentence (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting
1. After Mrs. Wang had returned (A)to her house (B)from work (C), she was cooking (D) dinner.
2. Jimmy threw (A)the ball high (B)in the air, and Betty catching (C) it when (D) it came down.
3. Linda has worn (A)her new yellow (B)dress only once (C) since she buys (D) it.
4. Last week Mark told (A)me that he go (B)tvery bored with his present job and is looking (C) for a new on (D)e.
5. Having (A)fed the dog, he was sat (B)down to (C) his own (D) meal.
6. When I turned on my computer, I was shocked (A)to find (B)some junk mail, and (C) I delete (D) it all.
7. They are going to have to (A)leave soon (B)and so do (C) we (D).
8. The boss laughed when the secretary has told (A)him that she really (B)needed (C) a pay (D) rise.
9. The telephone rang several times (A)and then (B)stop (C) before I could (D) answer it.
10. Debbie, whose father (A)is an excellent tennis player(B), has been (C) playing tennis since (D)ten years.
11. I have seen (A)lots(B)of interesting (C) places when I went (D) on holiday last summer.
12. When my cat heard (A)a noise in the bushes, she stopped moving (B)and listen (C) intently (D).
13. I think (A)it’s time you change (B)your way of (C) living (D).
14, Roger felt the outside (A)of his pocket to make (B) sure his (C)wallet is still (D) there.
15. When I’m shopping (A)in the supermarket, I ran into (B)an old friend who I hadn’t met (C) for (D) five years.
16. The police (A) arrested the man while (B)he is having (C)dinner in (D) a restaurant.
17. Peter and Wendy first(A)met in 2006 (B), and they are (C) married for three years now (D).
18. Some (A)people are believing (B) there is life on (C)other (D) planets.
19. Recently, the island of Hawaii (A) had been (B)the subject of intensive research (C)on the occurrence (D) of earthquakes.
20. Every morning, the sun shines (A)in my bedroom window (B)and waking (C) me up (D).
21. The man died as (A)a result of falling (B)asleep (C) while he drives (D).
22. I haven’t finished (A)the report yet (B),but by the time you return (C)I will certainly complete (D) it.
23. Caroline has worn (A)her new yellow (B)dress only once (C) since she buys (D) it.
24. We’ll be cycled (A)to Hoa’s village (B)at (C) this time next (D) Sunday.
25. What will (A)you do (B)when (C) your friends won’t come (D)?
26. Someone was knocking (A)at the door (B)when I was doing (C) the washing up (D).
27. My friend didn’t drink (A)any (B)beer since we came (C) to live here (D).
28. We have written (A)to each other (B)when (C) we were (D)in primary school.
29. After (A) breakfast, I‘m gone (B)to walk to (C)school with (D) my friends.
30. Did (A)he go to (B)the pop concert next weekend (C) for a change (D)?
VII: Choose the correct sentence among A, B, C or D which has the same meaning as the given one.
1. Eight years ago we started writing to each other.
A. We have rarely written to each other for eight years.
B. Eight years is a long time for us to write to each other.
C. We wrote to each other eight years ago.
D. We have been writing to each other for eight years.
2. The boy was so lazy that he couldn't stay up late to learn his lessons.
A. The boy was lazy enough not to stay up late to learn his lessons.
B. The boy was too lazy to stay up late to learn his lessons.
C. The boy was lazy enough but he stayed up late to learn his lessons.
D. The boy was lazy enough to stay up late to learn his lessons.
3. My father is tired of seeing any violent films.
A. My father hasn't seen a violent film.
B. My father has enjoyed all the violent films he has ever seen.
C. My father is worried about missing the next violent film.
D. My father never wants to see another violent film.
4. As soon as he waved his hand, she turned away.
A. He saw her turn away and he waved his hand.
B. No sooner had he waved his hand than she turned away.
C. She turned away because he waved his hand too early.
D. Although she turned away, he waved his hand.
5. John wishes he had remembered to send Mary a Christmas card.
A. John regrets not to send Mary a Christmas card.
B. John regrets forgetting not to send Mary a Christmas card.
C. John regrets not remembering sending Mary a Christmas card.
D. John regrets forgetting to send Mary a Christmas card.
6. My father hasn't smoked cigarettes for a month.
A. It's a month since my father last smoked cigarettes.
B. It's a month ago that my father smoked cigarettes.
C. It's a month that my father hasn't smoked cigarettes.
D. It's a cigarette that my father smoked a month ago.
7. Having finished their work, the workers expected to be paid.
A. The workers expected to be paid because they had finished their work.
B. Having their work finishing, the workers expected to be paid.
C. Having expected to be paid, the workers finished their work.
D. Having been finished their work, the workers expected to be paid.
8. Mr. Brown bought this car five years ago.
A. Mr. Brown started to buy this car for five years.
B. It has been five years when Mr. Brown has bought this car.
C. Mr. Brown has had this car for five years .
D. It is five years ago since Mr. Brown has bought this car.
9. John used to write home once a week when he was abroad.
A. John doesn't write home once a week any longer.
B. John enjoyed being written home every week when he was abroad.
C. John never forgot to write a weekly letter home when he was abroad.
D. When he was abroad he remembered to write home every week.
10. I haven't enjoyed myself so much for years.
A. It's years since I enjoyed myself so much.
B. It's years since I have enjoyed myself so much.
C. It was years since I had enjoyed myself so much.
D. It has been years since I have enjoyed myself so much.
I. The past continuous tense. Put the verbs in brackets into the past continuous tense.
1. Who you (talk) ____were talking___ to on the phone as I came in. – I (talk) ___ was talking____to Mr. Peter.
2. She (stand)___was standing___ at the bus stop. I asked her what bus she (wait)____was waiting____ for.
3. While he (learn)___was learning_____ to drive, he had 25 accidents.
4. He had a bad fall while he (repair) ____was repairing____ his roof.
5. While we (fish)___were fishing_____ someone came to the house and left this note.
6. I went to the garden to see what the boys (do)___were doing____. Jame (water)___was watering_____ the trees, Peter (cut)____was cutting____ the grass.
7. What was your father (do)___doing___ at this time last week? – He (read) ___was reading____ newspapers in his room.
8. Yesterday when I came to the Parker family, they (have)___were having____ dinner.
9. Last period while my teacher (explain)___was explaining____ the lesson, I (listen)___was listening____ to her attentively and (take) notes.
10. At 8 o’clock last Sunday, I (tidy)___was tidying____ my room, my mother (do)___was doing____ the housework, my younger sister (study).
II. The simple past or the past continuous tense?
1. I (make)___was making____ the cake when the light went out. I (have)___had____ to finish it in dark.
2. I didn’t want to meet Peter, so when he entered the room, I (leave)___left____.
3. He (watch) __was watching____ TV when the phone rang.
4. When I arrived, she (have)___was having____ lunch.
5. He (play)___was playing___ the guitar outside her house when someone opened the window and (throw)___threw___ out a bucket of water.
6. When I (look)___was looking____ for my passport I (find) ___found____ this old photograph.
7. You looked very busy when I (see)___saw____ you last night. What were you (do)__doing___?
8. When I (see)__saw____ him, he (paint)__was painting____ a picture.
9. When I (arrive)___arrived____ at the station, Mary (wait)___was waiting____ for me. She (wear)___was wearing____ a blue dress and (look)___looked____ very pretty.
10. I (find)__found____ this ring as I (dig)__was digging____ in the garden.
11. The burglar (open)___was opening____ the safe when he (hear)___heard___ footsteps.
12. They (build) ____were building___ that bridge when I (be)___was___ here last year. They haven’t finished it yet.
13. While I (wonder)__wondered___ whether to buy the dress or not, someone else (come)_came____ and (buy)___bought____ it.
14. What were you (do)___doing____ when the doorbell (ring)___rang____? - I (make) __was making____ a cake.
And what were you (do)__doing____ when you (hear) ___heard____the bell?
- I (go)___was going ____ to answer it of course. But I (open)___opened___ the door there (be)___was____ nobody there.
15. Who were you (talk)___talking____ to when I (see)___saw____ you this morning.
16. When she (come)___came____ this boy (make)____made___ the little girl (cry)___crying____.
17. Yesterday evening while she (cook) __was cooking____, her husband with her children (watch) ____were watching_____TV.
18. Last year my family (fly)___flied____ to Ho Chi Minh city. There we (take)__took____ a lot of pictures and (buy)__bought____ a lot of presents.
19. What were you (do)___doing___ between seven and eight last night? - We (have)__were having____ dinner.
20. The film wasn’t very good. I ___didn't enjoy___(not enjoy) it very much.
21. Linda (forget)___forgot bringing____ (bring) her guitar yesterday.
Mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung bài tập và đáp án tại đây: Bài tập ôn tập các Thì trong tiếng Anh. Ngoài ra, bạn đọc có thể ôn tập lại lý thuyết, cấu trúc ngữ pháp của những loại Liên từ thường gặp khác tại đây: Phân loại các liên từ thường dùng trong Tiếng Anh, Cách dùng của liên từ trong Tiếng Anh, .... Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.