Đề cương ôn thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Chương trình mới
Đề cương ôn thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Chương trình mới
Khác với Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Chương trình cũ, Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Chương trình mới phát triển cả 4 kỹ năng, không chỉ bao gồm các kiến thức từ vựng, ngữ pháp, mỗi bài học đều có các bài tập giúp phát triển toàn diện về những chủ đề gắn bó với giao tiếp hàng ngày của các bạn học sinh. Vì vậy đề cương ôn thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Chương trình mới cũng sẽ khác. Mời bạn tham khảo tài liệu mà chúng tôi cung cấp sau đây.
Find the word which has a different sound in the part underlined:
1. A. funny B. lunch C. sun D. computer
2. A. photo B. going C. brother D. home
3. A. school B. teaching C. chess D. chalk
4. A. cold B. volleyball C. telephone D. open
5. A. meat B. reading C. bread D. seat
6. A. writes B. makes C. takes D. drives
7. A. never B. often C. when D. tennis
8. A. eating B. reading C. teacher D. breakfast
9. A. Thursday B. thanks C. these D. birthday
10. A. open B. doing C. going D. cold
Read the definition and write the words:
1. This person gives a lot of attention to what he/she is doing so that he/she does not have an accident, make a mistake, or damage something. ______________ (careful)
2. This person has original and unusual ideas. ______________ (creative)
3. This person is always doing a lot of homework. ___________ (hard working)
4. This person is not angry if he/she has to wait. _____________ (patient)
5. This peron likes sports and doing sports. ____________ (sporty)
6. This person likes talking very much. __________ (talkative)
7. It is a place where we borrow books. _____________ (library)
8. It is a place where we watch a film. __________ (cinema)
9. It is a place where we can look at paintings. ____________ (art gallery)
10. It is a place where they sell medicines, soap and make-up. ____________ (chemist's)
C. USE OF ENGLISH:
Choose A, B, C, or D for each gap in the following sentences:
1. Phong is usually early ________ school because she gets up early.
A. on B. for C. at D. to
2. "What would you like to drink now?" –"______________________".
A. No, thank you B. Yes, please. C. I like to do nothing D. Orange juice, please.
3. We usually play football in winter ____________ it's cold.
A. When B. Where C. so D. time
4. Kien often ________ his bike to visit his hometown.
A. drives B. flies C. rides D. goes
5. "How are you going to get to Hung King Temple next weekend?" – "_________________".
A. By bus B. For two days C. Sometimes D. Very much
6. It's cold. The students __________ warm clothes.
A. wear B. wears C. wearing D. are wearing
7. Phuong is very good ________ English and History, but she doesn't like Maths much.
A. with B. for C. to D. at
8. The children look very ____________ while playing games during break time.
A. excite B. excited C. exciting D. excitement
9. Look! The girls are _________ rope in the playground.
A. dancing B. playing C. skipping D. doing
10. - "What are you doing this afternoon?"
- "I don't know, but I'd like to ___________ swimming."
A. have B. do C. play D. go
I. Write full sentences; using the suggested words and phrases given.
1. Annette Walkers/ my pen friend.
2. She/ live/ Sydney/ Australia.
3. She/ 13 years old/ and/ grade 8.
4. She/ have/ younger brother/ name/ Bruce Walkers.
5. She/like/ music/ swimming/ and/ the cinema.
6. She/ have/ fair hair/ blue eyes/ very lovely.
II. Rewrite the sentences using the words in brackets. Do not change the meaning of the sentences and do not change the form of the words.
1. Quang is lazier than Ha. (HARD – WORKING)
2. A city is noisier than a village. (PEACEFUL)
3. There's a post office on one side of my house and a café on the other. (BETWEEN)
4. Please tell me something about your neighbourhood. (CAN)
5. Oranges are cheaper than apples. (EXPENSIVE)
III. Use the following sets of words and phrases to write complete sentences.
1. The Truong Sa Islands/ large/ than/ The Hoang Sa Islands/.
2. Ayers Rock/ the/ strange/ rock/ Australia/
3. Which/ high/ Fansipan/ or/ Mount Everest/?
4. I think/ Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park/ wonderful/ than/ Cat Tien National Park/.
5. Ha Long Bay/ famous/ than/ Phu Quoc Island/.
IV. Complete the sentences so it means the same as the sentences above.
1. I don't have a bookshelf in my room.
2.The notebook is on the book.
3. I like the living room in my house.
4. My name is Trang.
V. Write a paragraph about your neighbourhood, using the cues below:
- Where is your neighbourhood? (in the city, near a city, in the country, in the mountain, etc.)
- What can you see in your neighbourhood? (streets, houses, trees, hills, shopping centres, schools, a cinema, etc.)
- What do the streets/ the houses/ the shops, etc. in your neighbourhood look like?
- Do you like living in your neighbourhood? Why/ Why not?
VI. Write about your best friend. Use the cues.
1. What is his/ her name?
2. What does he/ she look like?
3. What does he/ she like doing?
4. What does he/ she do for you?
I. Complete the letter using the words in the box.
Let's (1)_______________on Sunday evening at Quynh Café on Tran Quang Dieu Street. There's a post office on the corner of the street. The café is next to the post office. There's a cinema opposite the café (2)_________we can see a film after we have coffee.
To (3)__________to the café, take bus (4)__________8 to Truong Thi Street. Get off at the bus stop in front of a park. Go along the street (5)_________ you get to the traffic lights and then turn right. Take the first (6)_________ on your right. Go straight ahead – just about 500 metres and it's on your left.
See you there!
II. Choose the correct answer A, B, C, or D for each of the gaps to complete the following text.
Oak City is a great city. There's so (1)__________ to do! There are cinemas, park and discos. It's got some great clothes and music shops (2)______________.
Oak City is very modern and beautiful. There aren't any (3)____________ buildings and there's some beautiful (4)___________ around the city.
Is there any pollution in the Oak City? There isn't much pollution (5)_________ there isn't much traffic. Everyone travels (6)___________ bike and walks, so there aren't many accidents.
No one works, so everyone has got a lot of free time. Are there any unfriendly people in Oak City? No – so come and spend a little time here!
1. A. much B. many C. some D. any
2. A. neither B. either C. too D. so
3. A. beautiful B. ugly C. pretty D. unpleasant
4. A. scenery B. scene C. view D. sight
5. A. so B. because C. although D. if
6. A. on B. in C. with D. by
III. Read about Da Nang City and answer the questions.
Da Nang has a population of nearly 800,000 people. The Han River flows through the city. The city part on the east bank is newer and more spacious. The city part on the west bank is more crowded. There are five bridges across the river. The Han River Bridge is the newest one now.
The cost of living in Da Nang is the lowest in Central Viet Nam. Da Nang has many beaches. Among them, Non Nuoc Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. But walking in the streets on a summer afternoon is not a good idea in Da Nang. There are not many trees so there are not many shadows. It is often very hot at noon.
1. What is the population of Da Nang?
2. Which part of the city is more spacious?
3. Which part of the city is more crowded?
4. Which bridge is the newest?
5. What is Non Nuoc Beach like?
IV. Phuc is writing his entry to "Your best friend" competition. Read his entry. Then decide if the statements are True (T) or False (F).
This writing is about my best friend, Mai. We go to the same school and we've been together for three years. Mai is very pretty. She has short black hair and big brown eyes. She is clever and hard-working but she is also very funny. She makes jokes and we all laugh. She loves reading and writing short poems. I like being with her. We often do our homework together and she helps me a lot. I also like her because she knows a lot about astronomy and we can chat about it for hours. At the moment we're making a Space minibook. We're doing a lot of searching on the Internet. This Saturday we're going to the National Museum to take some photos for our project. Then we're watching a new film on the Disney channel together. It's going to be fun!