Đề thi tiếng Anh trình độ B có đáp án số 11
Đề luyện thi chứng chỉ B Anh văn
Đề thi thử môn tiếng Anh chứng chỉ B có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi trình độ B1, trình độ B2 theo khung tham chiếu ngôn ngữ chung châu Âu mới nhất do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra trình độ B1 B2 tiếng Anh có đáp án được biên tập bám sát nhiều chủ đề Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm chứng chỉ B giúp bạn đọc ôn thi hiệu quả.
In this section you must choose the word or phrase which best completes each sentence. For each question, 1 to 20, indicate the letter A, B, C or D against the number of the question.
1) Her parents were very … because she was out so late that night.
2) They flew to the island, then … a car for three days and visited most places of interest.
3) Because of the heavy rain we had to … the dinner party until the following Sunday.
D/ give up
4) When he heard the terrible noise, he asked me what was … on.
5) The three friends all … for the same job.
6) The patient … to listen to his doctor’s advice.
D/ had better
7) Take this road and you will … at the hotel in five minutes.
8) The weather was awful. I wish it … warmer.
C/ had been
D/ will be
9) That’s where I … when I was young.
A/ was living
B/ used to live
C/ was used to live
D/ used to living
10) She will accept the job … the salary is satisfactory.
C/ so long as
D/ Both B and C are correct
11) I managed … the book I was looking for.
D/ to find
12) He suffers … bad headaches.
13) Did anyone clean the windows?
No. They … but they weren’t
A/ should clean
B/ should have been cleaned
C/ should have cleaned
D/ should be cleaned
14) If you had come to the party, you … her.
A/ would meet
B/ had met
C/ would have met
15) She told me that she …English literature.
A/ has studied
B/ has been studying
C/ had been studying
D/ would have studied
16) When we visited the zoo on Sunday it was very crowded, but on a weekday it’s practically …
17) We delayed our departure … the weather condition.
A/ on account of
B/ on behalf of
C/ in front of
D/ ahead of
18) Bill is phoning his girlfriend again. That’s the third time he … her this evening.
A/ is phoning
C/ has phoned
D/ will phone
19) It was difficult to … a date which was convenient for everyone.
20) This composition needs …
B/ to rewrite
C/ being rewritten
In this section you will find after the passage five questions of unfinished statements about the passage, each with four suggested answers or ways of finishing. You must choose the one which you think fits best. For each question, 21 to 25, indicate the letter A, B, C or D against the number of the question.
Sequoyah was a young Cherokee Indian, son of a white trader and an Indian woman. At an early age, he became fascinated by “the talking leaf”, an expression that he used to describe the white man’s written records. Although many believed this “talking leaf” to be the gift from the Great Spirit, Sequoyah refused to accept that theory. Like other Indians of the period, he was illiterate but his determination to change the situation led to the invention of a unique 86-character alphabet based on the sound patterns that he heard.
His family and friends thought him mad, but while recovering from a hunting accident, he diligently and independently set out to create a form of communication for his own people as well as for other Indians. In 1821, after twelve years of work, he had successfully developed a written language that would enable thousands of Indians to read and write.
Sequoyah’s desire to preserve words and events for later generations has caused him to be remembered among the important inventors. The giant redwood trees of California, call “sequoias” in his honour, will further imprint his name in history.
21) What is the most important reason that Sequoyah will be remembered?
A/ California redwoods were named in his honour.
B/ He was illiterate.
C/ He created a unique alphabet.
D/ He recovered from his madness and helped mankind.
22) How did Sequoyah’s family react to his idea of developing his own “talking leaf”?
A/ They arranged for his hunting accident.
B/ They thought he was crazy.
C/ They decided to help him.
D/ They asked him to teach them to read and write.
23) What caused Sequoyah to develop his alphabet?
A/ People were writing things about him that he couldn’t read.
B/ He wanted to become famous.
C/ After his hunting accident, he needs something to keep him busy.
D/ He wanted the history of his people preserved for future generations.
24) How would you describe Sequoyah ?
25) Which of the following is not true ?
A/ Sequoyah developed a form of writing with the help of the Cherokee tribe.
B/ Sequoyah was a very clever young man.
C/ Sequoyah spent twelve years developing his alphabet.
D/ Sequoyah was honoured by having some named trees after him.
Paper 2 WRITING
SECTION A USE OF ENGLISH
A/ Fill each of the numbered blanks in the following passage. Use only ONE word in each space.
When a light passenger plane flew off course some time (26) … it crashed (27) … the mountains and its pilot was killed. (28) … only passengers, a young woman and two baby daughters, were unhurt. It was the (29) … of winter. Snow lay thick (30) … the ground. The woman knew that the nearest village was miles (31) … When it grew dark, she turned a suitcase (32) … a bed and put the children inside it, covering them (33) … all the clothes she could find. During the night, (34) … got terribly cold. The woman kept as near as she (35) … to the children and even tried to get into the case herself, but it was too small. Early the (36) … morning, she heard planes passing overhead and wondered how she could (37) … a signal. Then she had an idea. She stamped out the letters “SOS” in the snow. Fortunately, a pilot saw the signal and sent a message (38) … radio to the nearest town. It was not (39) … before a helicoper arrived on the scene and (40) … the survivors of the plane crash.
B/ GUIDED SENTENCE BUILDING
Build a complete sentence with the given words.
41) He / hurry / that / bump / car.
42) There / be / increase / traffic / accidents / recently.
43) You / better / tell / news / police.
44) I / spend / hours / look / pen.
45) Teacher / say / no / time / correct / compositions.
46) By / practise / English / day / speak / fluently.
47) Althought / bus / full / manage / get
48) President / speech / be / television / radio / last.
49) I / going / holiday / friend / mine / September.
50) He / charge / office / director / away / business.
C/ Rewrite the following sentences without changing their original meaning. Begin with the given words.
51) He could not afford to buy the car.
The car …………………………
52) She didn’t say a word as she left the room.
She left ……………………………
53) They think the owner of house is abroad.
The owner ………………………..
54) You remembered to post the letter, didn’t you?
You didn’t ………………………..
55) Speaking English fluently is not easy.
Download đề & đáp án tại: Đề thi thử chứng chỉ B1, chứng chỉ B2 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh từ cơ bản đến nâng cao khác như: Ôn tập Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh, Luyện thi Tiếng Anh trực tuyến, luyện thi chứng chỉ C1, luyện thi chứng chỉ A2,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.