Bài tập nâng cao tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 2 The Generation Gap
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 nâng cao Unit 2 có đáp án
Nằm trong bộ Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit, Đề luyện tập tiếng Anh 11 Unit 2 The Generation Gap có đáp án dưới đây gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh khác nhau giúp các em học sinh củng cố kiến thức trọng tâm hiệu quả.
Part I. PHONETICS
Exercise 1. Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
1. A. access
2. A. behaviour
3. A. donate
4. A. experience
5. A. romantic
6. A. legal
7. A. constitution
8. A. generational
9. A. studious
10. A. frustrating
1. B 2. C 3. D 4. C 5. D
6. A 7. D 8. C 9. A 10. B
Part II. VOCABULARY
Exercise 2. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
11. I live in a/an _________with my parents and my elder sister in the Coastal area.
A. Extended family
B. nuclear family
C. Extended house
D. nuclear house
12. One advantage of living in a/an __________ is to strengthen relationship between young children and adults.
A. Nuclear family
B. nuclear house
C. Extended family
D. extended house
13. In my opinion, family members are responsible for _________ .
A. The housework
B. the chores
D. A and B
14. My grandpa is the most conservative person in my family. He never ________about way of life.
A. Gives his opinion
B. changes his mind
C. Gives his view
D. keeps in mind
15. After graduating from university, I want to __________ my father’s footsteps.
A. Follow in
B. succeed in
C. go after
16. In a nuclear family, both mother and father have responsibility for housekeeping and _________ .
A. Child care
D. generation gap
17. Four generations living in the same roof will have different ___________ of lifestyle.
18. Luckily, my parents are always willing to listen to my new ideas. They’re very
19. My mother _________ me from going home after 10 p.m. every day.
D. All are correct
20. Anna often dresses _________ when going to the parties in order to attract her friends’ attention.
21. We’re surprised by Joe’s __________ every Monday. He changes it at least 4 times a month.
22. I rarely eat ______ and drink _________because they’re not food for health.
A. Snack/energy drink
B. fast food/juice
C. Fruit/alcoholic drink
D. junk food/soft drink
23. Generation ____________ is the difference in the thoughts and viewpoints amongst generations living together,
D. All are correct
24. I was tired and couldn’t________ on doing my research project properly.
C. Pay attention
D. Both A and c
25. My parents don’t let me get married until I graduate from university and they never __________ their mind about that.
26. The __________arises when Jack and his parents have considerable disagreement on his choice of university.
27. I do morning exercise and play volleyball regularly so as to keep ________and be healthier.
B. good shape
28. Since the family law was implemented, domestic violence has been a rare _______ in this area.
B. taking place
29. My farther used to _________ a lot of challenges before establishing his 0wn insurance company.
30. I wish I could do something to reduce financial ________ on my parents.
11. B 12. C 13.D 14. B 15. A
16. C 17. D 18. B 19. A 20. C
21. A 22. D 23. B 24. A 25. D
26. B 27. A 28. C 29. D 30. B
Exercise 3. Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
31. Despite being a kid, Tuan always helps his mother do the chores every day.
D. house duties
32. When I was a child, my mother used to teach me table manners.
33. Many parents find it hard to understand their children when they are teenagers.
34. There’ re many problems which are unavoidable when living in an extended family.
35. Mary has a strong desire to make independent decisions.
36. My mother mistakenly believes that my fashion style breaks the norm of society.
37. I always look at this matter from a different viewpoint.
A. Point of view
B. view from point
38. We find it unattractive when dress flashily.
39. Consuming too much junk food increases the risk of obesity.
40. I feel extremely depressed as conflict occurs frequently amongst generations in my family.
A. Comes on
B. comes up
C. comes in
D. comes into
31. C 32. A 33. C 34. B 35. D
36. C 37. A 38. B 39. D 40. B
Exercise 4. Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
41. If you live in an extended family. you’ll have great joy and get support of other members.
A. Close family
B. traditional family
C. Nuclear family
D. large family
42. Our mother encourages us to be open-minded about new opinions and experiences.
43. Domestic violence is strictly forbidden all over the world.
44. Jane found herself in conflict with her parents over her future career.
45. I can’t concentrate on my work because of the noise caused by my children.
46. My grandpa’s point of view about marriage remains conservative.
47. Finally, I decide to follow in my father’s footsteps to work in state-owned enterprise.
B. public limited
48. My grandma usually takes care of us when my parents are away on business.
49. We greatly respect my teacher for all of the best things that she brought to us.
A. Look up to
B. look forwards
C. look for
D. look down on
50. I regretted not to buy those trendy shoes through lack of money.
41. C 42. D 43. A 44. B 45. C
46. A 47. C 48. B 49. D 50. B
Part III. GRAMMAR
Exercise 5. Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
51. All students_______ wear uniforms at school because it is a rule.
A. Should B. have to C. ought to D. must
52. You ______finish your homework before you go to bed.
A. Must B. have to C. should D. ought to
53. This drink isn’t beneficial for health. You_______ drink it too much.
A. Should B. ought to not C. ought not to D. mustn’t
54. This warning sign indicates that you______ step on the grass.
A. Shouldn’t B. mustn’t C. don’t have to D. ought not to
55. I think you_______ do exercise regularly in order to keep your body good shape.
A. Must B. should C. ought to D. Both B and c
56. I will lend you some money, but you ________pay it back to me next week.
A. Should B. have to C. must D. mustn’t
57. Hoa _________feed the cats because her mother has done it already.
A. Has to B. doesn’t have to C. must D. Both A and c
58. Those audiences ________ show their tickets before entering the concert hall.
A. Have to B. must C. ought to D. don’t have to
59. The children _________ spend too much time playing Computer games.
A. Mustn’t B. ought to not C. shouldn’t D. Both B and c
60. In case you’re suffered from the injury, you ________see the doctor today.
A. Had better B. must C. ought D. have better
61. Water park is free for kids under 6 years old, so you_____pay money for your son.
A. Have to B. mustn’t C. should D. don’t have to
62. You look totally exhausted. You ______ take a rest instead of working overtime.
A. Should B. ought C. must D. has better
63. Anyone______ have a passport, even a visa when travelling all around the world.
A. Ought to B . must C. should D. has to
64. In the peak season, travellers_______ book their accommodation in advance.
A. Have to B. must C. should D. ought
65. My car broke down yesterday, so I________catch a taxi to the office.
A. Have to B. had better C. had to D. has to
66. We______ eat as much fruit as possible in order to get enough vitamins for our bodies.
A. Had better B. should C. ought to D. All are correct
67. You_____tell anyone what I’ve revealed to you. It’s still a secret.
A. Mustn’t B. had better not C. ought not to D. don’t have to
68. If you still want to maintain this relationship, you______ behave improperly like that.
A. Ought to not B. ought not to C. mustn’t D. don’t have to
69. When playing or swimming in the pool, children ______ be accompanied by their parents.
A. Should B. must C. don’t have to D. have to
70. We __________ go to work by car. Sky train is a wise choice during rush hour.
A. Ought to B. mustn’t C. shouldn’t D. have to
Part IV. SPEAKING
Exercise 7. Mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the correct response to each of the following exchanges.
91. Would you mind if I opened the windows? It’s too stuffy in here.
A. Yes, of course. B. No, please do.
C. I think it is OK. D. You look so tired.
92. Could you show me how to get to the nearest train station from here?
A. I’m not certain but it’s maybe at the end of the Street.
B. I totally agree with you.
C. Sorry, I never know you.
D. I’m busy now.
93. From my point of view, all family members should share the chores equaỉly.
A. It’s a breathtaking view.
B. You lied to me.
C. But you’re right.
D. There’s no doubt about it.
94. I’ve been awarded a scholarship to Harvard University.
A. Just kidding!
B. It’s up to you.
C. Good job!
D. Same to you, Thanks!
95. Don’t forget to finish your homework before class.
A. I’ ll do it later. C. It’s quite difficult.
B. Not much. D. Thank you for reminding me.
96. Thanks a lot for helping me fix the car yesterday.
A. I’d love to.
B. You’re welcome.
C. Of course not.
D. I like it.
97. I’ve seen John at the workshop on communication skills.
A. I see. I’ll call him.
B. The workshop was very useful.
C. That can’t be John because he’s in Paris now.
D. No, I don’t think so.
98. How do I sign up for the psychology course?
A. You need to fill in the Online application form first.
B. It’s not yours.
C. The course was full.
D. Your deadline is May 15.
99. What’s about going to the waterpark?
A. That’s a good idea.
B. That’s right.
C. Of course!
D. I’m sorry I can’t.
100. Hi, I’d like to buy three tickets for the Lost in Fear.
A. How many tickets?
B. I’m sorry. They were sold out.
C. we don’t like this film.
D. You should see other interesting films.
101. Do you enjoy buying souvenirs?
A. No, I don’t.
B. No, thank you!
C. Never mind.
D. No, I am not.
102. Which show would you like to watch, madam?
A. Here you are!
B. No, thanks.
C. I am sorry.
103. What did you do on Sunday?
A. No way!
B. Not much.
C. It was great.
D. I don’t care.
104. I love listening to rock n’ roll. How about you?
A. I can’t stand it.
B. I can’t help it.
C. I can’t do it.
D. I can’t wait for it.
105. What’s wrong with the shirt you bought last week?
A. Oh! What a beautiful shirt!
B. I wore it last night.
C. The zip has come off.
D. I’ve the receipt.
Part V. READING
Exercise 8. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, c, or D to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Fathers in today families are spending more time with their children than at any point in the past 100 years. (106) ________ the number of hours the average woman spends at home with her children has declined since the early 1900s, as more and more women enter the workforce, there has been a decrease in the number of children per family and an increase in (107) _______ attention to each
child. As a result, mothers today in the United States, (108) _________ those who work part- 0r full-time, spend almost twice as much time with each child as mothers did in the 1920s. People (109) _______raised children in the 1940s and 1950s typically report that their own adult children and grandchildren communicate far better with their kids and spend more time (110) _________ with homework than they did.
America’s children are also safer today than they’ve (111) __________ been. An infant was four times more likely to die in the 1950s than today. A parent then was 27 per cent more likely to lose an older teen (112) _______ death.
If we look back over the last millennium, we can see that families have always been diverse. In each period, families have solved one set of problems only to face new (113) ______ . What works for a family in One economic and cultural setting doesn’t work for a family in another. What’s helpful (114) _________ one stage of a family’s life may be (115) _________at the next stage. If there is one
lesson to be (116) _______from the last millennium of family history, it’s that families always have to (117) _______ with a changing world
(Source: Adapted/rom U.S. Society and Values)
106. A. Although
107. A. isolated
108. A. adding
109. A. whom
110. A. helping
B. to help
D. on help
112. A. in
113. A. challenger
114. A. at
115. A. destruction
*Tải file để xem đáp án chi tiết*
Đáp án có trong file tải: Bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 2 sách mới.