Bài tập ở nhà tiếng Anh lớp 8 mới trong thời gian nghỉ dịch Corona (từ 02/03 - 08/03)
Bài tập tiếng Anh cho học sinh lớp 8 có đáp án
Đề ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 trong thời gian nghỉ phòng chống dịch bệnh COVID-19 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề Bài tập tiếng Anh 8 mới năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh 8 được biên tập bám sát nội dung SGK tiếng Anh 8 mới giữa kì 2 giúp các em học sinh lớp 8 ôn tập kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm hiệu quả.
Lưu ý: Nếu không tìm thấy nút Tải về bài viết này, bạn vui lòng kéo xuống cuối bài viết để tải về.
I. Find the word which has a different stress pattern from the others.
|1. A. geography||B. electronic||C. scientific||D. preparation|
|2. A. climatology||B. bibliography||C. communication||D. radiography|
|3. A. zoology||B. biography||C. meteorology||D. photography|
|4. A. primary||B. animal||C. tropical||D. volcano|
|5. A. debris||B. rainstorm||C. destroy||D. shelter|
II. Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D to complete these sentences.
6. If this factory continues _________ poison into the lake, all the fish will die.
7. Some tents _______ so that children and old people could sleep in.
A. was set up
B. were set up
C. set up
D. setted up
8. When thermal pollution happens, the water temperature in streams, rivers, lakes and oceans
9. The sight of too many advertising billboards overhead poles and shop signs causes _______
10. An earthquake is the _______ of a sudden release of energy in the Earth’s crust.
A. cause by
C. result from
D. result of
11. ________ you ever been to any English speaking countries?
12. Scientists have spent years trying ________ weather patterns but it is still an inexact science.
B. to predict
C. to predicting
D. to have predicted
13. Australia is home to __________ animals like kangaroos and koalas.
14. We became _______ by rising floodwater. We couldn’t move to anywhere else.
15. The government is sending aid to flood _______.
III. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
16. Mai (live) ________ in Hai Phong for five years before she (move) _________ to Ha Noi three years ago.
17. Phong (tell) __________ me yesterday that he (learn) _________ French for a year.
18. Ms. Hong (work) _______ at our school for twenty years before she (retire) _______ last June.
19. By the time I (get) _________ to Nick’s house, his party (already/ start) _____________.
20. I couldn’t recognize my cousin because he (grow) _________ up a lot.
IV. Find the mistake in each of the following sentences.
21. Hundreds (A) of houses destroyed (B) after a tornado hit (C) the small town (D) of Texas.
22. Many people got injured (A) in the storm because (B) they weren’t prepared (C) for the disaster (D).
23. It is reported (A) that six people trapped (B) in collapsed (C) buildings have freed (D) so far.
24. The earthquake occurred (A) at midday (B) when many (C) people had had (D) lunch.
25. Do you know (A) that the word (B) “tsunami” takes (C) from the Japanese for (D) “harbor
V. Read the passage and choose the correct answer A, B, C or D that best fits the blank.
The top 10 natural disasters most likely occurring throughout the world include blizzards, droughts, earthquakes, floods, heat waves, hurricanes, thunderstorms, tornados, tsunamis, and wildfires. Some of the listed disasters may occur (26) _______ such as a hurricane and thunderstorm causing massive flooding, or possibly a tsunami, or a heat wave coupled with wildfires. Other natural disasters include landslides and avalanches, which can (27) _______ by earthquakes, heavy rain or snow, or other disasters. Snow or mud can be released from the side of a mountain or hillside burying the area below. Finally, there are active volcanoes, (28)______ are eruptions of a mountaintop, sending out ash clouds, lava, and more, causing damage to property and the loss of human life. The most common types of natural disasters in the world (29) _______ floods and storms. All natural disasters cause damage and destruction, and often one or more people die (30) _______ the effects of the natural disaster. Many of the disasters can be predicted ahead of time with some warnings given for people to prepare and move to safety.
|26. A. simultaneously||B. separately||C. alternately||D. quickly|
|27. A. cause||B. be caused||C. is caused||D. be causing|
|28. A. which||B. who||C. that||D. whom|
|29. A. be||B. is||C. are||D. had been|
|30. A. because||B. since||C. in spite of||D. due to|
VI. Read the passage and decide if the following statements are True (T), False (F) or No
Tornadoes. Hurricanes. Enormous storms. Just reading these words make people imagine disastrous events that can cause countless injuries and severe damages. No one looks forward to weather reports or breaking news that announces these natural disasters. No one, except a small group of about 100 people known as “storm chasers”.
Who are these people, and what do they do? A storm chaser is a person who tries to get as close to a severe storm as possible. A few storm chasers are scientists who want to learn more about storms and howthey develop. They want to be able to learn more so that someday they can better predict when and where storms will occur. With more information, they could help people avoid the severe destruction and high casualties that often happen when huge storms hit. Others are professional photographers, film makers, or TV reporters. Some are tour guides who take people close to the fascinated by nature and chase storms as a hobby.
Storm chasers study weather data and look closely at the sky to guess the timing and location of storms when they form. They hope to be there when a tornado forms and to follow it as it touches ground. If they are lucky, they will catch a tornado at least once in every five to ten trips.
31. Storm chasers look for opportunities to study and photograph huge storms. ______
32. There are a lot of women storm chasers. ______
33. There are over 1,000 people who are storm chasers. ______
34. Storm chasers look forward to tornadoes. ______
35. Storm chasers know exactly when a tornado will hit a town. ______
VII. Rewrite the following sentences based on the given words so that it has the same meaning as the first one.
36. Tornadoes can move objects as big as a car.
=> Objects __________________________________________
37. The earthquake struck the city and destroyed completely thousands of buildings and houses.
=> The city __________________________________________
38. Our government has declared a state of emergency following the earthquake.
=> A state of emergency ______________________________
39. When the typhoon happened, they had moved most of the people there to safe area.
=> When the typhoon happened, ______________________________
40. The storm destroyed his house completely and now he is living with friends.
=> His house _______________________________________________
1 - A; 2 - C; 3 - C: 4 - D; 5 - C;
6 - B; 7 - B; 8 - A; 9 - D; 10 - B;
11 - B; 12 - B; 13 - C; 14 - A; 15 - A;
16 - had lived - moved; 17 - told - had learned; 18 - had worked - retired;
19 - got - had already started; 20 - has grown;
21 - B; 22 - C; 23 - D; 24 - D; 25 - C;
26 - A; 27 - B; 28 - A; 29 - C; 30 - D;
31 - F; 32 - NI; 33 - F; 34 - T; 35 - F;
36. as big as a car can be moved by tornadoes.
37. was stuck and thousands of buildings and houses were destroyed completely by the earthquake.
38. has been declared following the earthquake by our government.
39. most of the people there had been moved to safe area.
40. was destroyed completely by the storm and now he is living with friends.
Trên đây là Bài ôn tập ở nhà môn Anh 8 trong thời gian nghỉ Corona. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập tiếng Anh 8 mới khác nhau như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 8, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, ... mới nhất theo chương trình học của bộ Giáo dục & Đào tạo.