Bài tập nâng cao tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4 Life in the past
Nối tiếp chuyên đề ôn tập nâng cao tiếng Anh 9 sách mới, bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 4: Life In The Past có đáp án dưới đây được biên tập bám sát chương trình học tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới của bộ GD&ĐT giúp các em học sinh củng cố kiến thức trọng tâm Unit 4 hiệu quả.
* Xem lại lý thuyết tiếng Anh Unit 4 tại:
Bài tập tiếng Anh 9 Unit 4: Life In The Past có đáp án
Nằm trong bộ đề bài tập tiếng Anh 9 mới theo Unit, Bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 4 lớp 9 có đáp án được biên tập dưới nhiều hình thức trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới khác nhau giúp các em học sinh cải thiện kỹ năng làm bài hiệu quả.
Life in the past Phonetics:
Stress on auxiliary verbs in sentences
– Review: Used to
– Wish + past simple
– Life in the past
– Phrases with some verbs
– Reading about children’s pastimes in the past
– Talking: Making comments on or express opinions about facts in the past
– Listening to and writing about school life in the past
I. Choose a word In each line that has different stress pattern.
|1. A. Surprise||B. Event||C. Behave||D. Damage|
|2. A. Develop||B. Understand||C. Imagine||D. Consider|
|3. A. Illiterate||B. Communicate||C. Entertainment||D. Traditional|
|4. A. Programme||B. Downtown||C. Postman||D. Custom|
|5. A. Importance||B. Violence||C. Buffalo||D. Grandparent|
II. Give the correct form of the word in CAPITALS to complete each of the following sentences.
1. You have to use your _________ when you read the story.(IMAGINE )
2. I think corporal_______ is now prohibited in schools. (PUNISH)
3_______ . , we used to cook five-colour sticky rice on the first day of the lunar month.(TRADITION)
4. Tom says he can’t put up with Mary’s _______ any longer.(BEHAVE)
5. Those _______ over there are friends of both the bride and groom.(ATTEND)
6. The photo brought back many happy memories of my______ (CHILD)
7. I think riding a bicycle is ________ , especially when it rains.(CONVENIENCE)
8. She said that in her village ________ used to be arranged by parents.(MARRY)
9. Thirty years ago only_______ people in the city had the television. (WEALTH)
10. We used to______ of our home village when we lived overseas.(THOUGHT)
III. Complete each of the following sentences with used to / didn’t use to using the
verbs from the box.
be; buy; climb; play; shop;
swim; travel; walk; watch; write;
1. In my childhood, there _______ so many high buildings here. There were
2. People _______with pen, but now they use computers.
3. My brother _________ football, but an injure stopped him from playing.
4. In my grandfather’s youth, people _______ by car. They rode horses.
5. I ______ to school, but two weeks ago I got a bike so now I ride it every day.
6. My sister _______when we went to the beach because she was afraid of water.
7. Mr. Lam _______television in the morning. He did it in the evening.
8. David was a good climber in his youth. He _______ very high mountains.
9. My parents______me expensive toys as we were not rich.
10. We _______in the town market. We bought fish, fruit and vegetables.
IV. Choose the correct option A, B, C, or D to complete the sentences.
1. Many children in our village are still _____ . They can’t read or write.
2. We usually _____ ourselves by playing hike and seek or flying kites.
3. Laura is in the____of writing in her dairy every day.
4. The children started to_______ each part of the story.
A. Go out
B. Act out
C. Play out
D. Cry out
5. “How cool!” is used to express ____.
A. A wish
B. A surprise
C. An agreement
D. An appreciation
6. – “He had to work 12 hours every day.”
B. I wish I could go back to that time.
C. How cool!
D. I can’t imagine that.
7. We all____ it were the weekend tomorrow.
8.I _____ a teddy bear, but I don’t have one now.
A. Used to having
B.Used to have
C. Was use to having
D. Was used to have
9. Minh wishes he _____ English perfectly well.
D. has spoken
10. They_____ go on holiday when they lived in the countryside.
A. not use to
B. weren’t use to
C. didn’t use to
D. hadn’t used to
V. Read the following passage and choose the best option for each blank to complete the passage.
Over the last century, there have been many significant changes in the way we live. Obviously, it is difficult to (1) _____ the life of ancient people and the life of the people living in the twenty-first century because so many changes have occurred. Even the changes that have (2) ______ over the last ten years are amazing.
People in the past were not (3)_______ to travel such long distances within such a short period of time. Nowadays, we have become very mobile. We have fast and (4) _________ cars. In addition, more and more people travel by plane.
Moreover, in the past people had to work harder as they did not have (5) ________ and machines to make their work easier. Today, most of the difficult and dangerous work is (6) _____ by computers and other powerful machines. In the past (7) ________ of living were not as comfortable as they are now. Besides many people could not afford (8) ______appliances like a fridge or a vacuum cleaner because those used to be luxurious goods. Another difference (9) ______ living now and in the past is the fact that nowadays education is accessible to everyone. In the past men were mainly the only ones educated and women were not (10) into public or private schools.
|1. A. Predict||B. Discuss||C. Compare||D. Suppose|
|2. A. Occurred||B. Considered||C. Expressed||D. Arranged|
|3. A. Used||B. Able||C. Might||D. Capable|
|4. A. Skillful||B. Difficult||C. Historical||D. Comfortable|
|5. A. Rules||B. Tools||C. Teams||D. Ideas|
|6. A. Thought||B. Played||C. Done||D. Seen|
|7. A. Conditions||B. Performances||C. Stories||D. Conflicts|
|8. A. Mobile||B. Physical||C. Bare-footed||D. Household|
|9. A. Within||B. Among||C. Between||D. Behind|
|10. A. Allowed||B. Attended||C. Agreed||D. Appeared|
VI. Read the following passage and answer the questions.
My grandmother is more than ninety years old which makes her the oldest person in the whole family. Despite her old age, her memory is still fresh. She always tells us that many things used to be different when she was young.
My grandma used to begin her day very early. She used to start her day at 4 o’clock while everybody else was still in beds. She used to do all the housework by herself. She used to make clothes for her children and as for her outdoor work, she used to raise some chicken and sheep and she also used to help the males to grow vegetables.
There didn’t use to be many pastime activities. Her hobby used to be listening to the radio. In the evening all the family used to sit by the fire in the sitting room where all the family gathered at night to tell tales or discuss family matters as weddings, harvest time or to assign the next day’s work.
When a member of the family was ill, she used to show him which herbs to use. She collected them from the near forest or from the mountain. My grandma used to know so many effective methods to cure illnesses.
1. How is the memory of the writer’s grandmother?
2. What time did she use to start her day?
3. What did she use to do in her pastimes?
4. Where did her family use to sit in the evening?
5. What did she usually do when a member of the family was ill?
VII. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original sentence. Use the word given and other words as necessary. Do not change the form of the given word.
1. He had a lot of money, but now he doesn’t.( USED)
2. The boys want to win the football match. (WISH)
3. Did you always eat sweets when you were small? (USE)
4. She dreams of spending her vacation in Ha Long Bay. (WISHES)
5. They didn’t use to drink coffee when they lived in Japan. (NEVER)
Download đề thi và đáp án tại: Bài tập nâng cao Unit 4 lớp 9 Life in the past có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập tiếng Anh 9 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 9, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9, Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.