I. Choose the word whose bold part is pronounced differently from those of the other three.
II. Choose the word whose stress is different from the others.
Choose the best answer that is suitable for each blank or the underlined word or phrase.
11. “Hurry up!” “_________ a minute – I’m just coming.”
12. “Are we going to the movies tonight?” “Not today, I’m ____________ tired.”
13. You really need some new tires for your car – those ones are _____________.
14. We were greatly __________ to hear about him sitting on the wet paint.
15. Come on! Don’t be such a _______ - Let’s go out and have some fun!
16. The __________ city was without electricity last night – It was chaotic.
17. Everybody was staring and laughing at her – She felt so _________________.
18. Dentists recommend brushing teeth with a fluoride toothpaste to ____________ them from decay.
19. According to a recentsurvey, most people are on good ____________ with their neighbors.
20. The examiner will test your ___________ to drive under normal conditions.
Choose the best word or phrase to complete each sentence.
21. The woman ______________ I was looking smiled.
22. The flat _____________ he lived was dirty.
23. He is the boy _______________ I went to school.
24. The woman____________ I told you works in our school.
25. Pam is the friend ____________ she lives.
26. The music ___________ we are listening is very wonderful.
27. The bus __________ I go to work is very fast.
28. The man _____________ I work is very nice.
29. The house _________ I live is very small.
30. ____________ she said wasn’t true.
Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that wouldn’t be correct.
I am attending evening classes of philosophy and fine art.
The cause for the accident is still being investigated.
Apart from a few scratches, the chairs were in perfect conditions.
My friend had been to London before, but I didn’t.
The piece of wood was not enough thick.