Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 1, 2, 3
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 1, 2, 3
Thông qua việc giải những Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 1, 2, 3 sẽ giúp các bạn đánh giá được năng lực của bản thân cũng như củng cố kiến thức về ngữ pháp tiếng Anh. Mời các bạn tham khảo tài liệu để biết được những bài tập cụ thể.
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE:
A. PRONUNCIATION: Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest:
1. a. deaf
2. a. fine
3. a. song
4. a. escaped
5. a. photographers
B. VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR: Choose one word or phrase that best fits the blank space in each sentence:
6. In spite of being deaf, she played the violin very well.
a. unable to see b. unable to hear c. unable to speak d. unable to write
7. He earns his living by taking photographs. He's a professional _____.
a. photography b. photograph c. photographer d. photographic
8. Life is all right if you have a job, but things are not so easy for _____.
a. the unemployed b. the mute c. the blind d. the dead
9. We need to provide more shelters for people who are without place to live.
a. the homeless b. the disabled c. the poor d. the mentally retarded
10. The entrance examination shouldn't be _____ hard _____ be done successfully.
a. so/ that b. as/ as c. too/ to d. so/ as
11. Do you enjoy _____ at university?
a. to be b. be c. are d. being
12. The police blocked off the road, ______ a traffic jam.
a. caused b. which caused c. that caused d. which causing
13. I didn't ______ in the city.
a. use to live b. never used to live c. used to live d. use to living
14. She ______ to me since she went to California.
a. doesn't write b. didn't write c. won't write d. hasn't written
15. I often go to work early to ______ driving in the rush hour.
a. manage b. avoid c. expect d. cause
16. After the children ______ to bed, we ______ television.
a. went/ were watching b. had gone/ had watched
c. went/ had watched d. had gone/ watched
17. To prepare for the examination, ______ at least two hours every day.
a. to study b. study c. studying d. studied
18. Watching Thuy taking a class, one can see how time-consuming the work is.
a. taking no time b. taking little time c. taking much work d. taking a lot of time
19. The children have every reason to be proud ______ their efforts.
a. for b. of c. with d. by
20. There was ______ opposition from the parents of the disabled children.
a. an b. another c. a lot of d. a few
21. _____ I tried my best, I was ten minutes late for the interview.
a. Although b. Because c. But d. When
22. " English is easy. " – " I ______. "
a. think it's, too b. too think c. think so, too d. think it's also
23. Those are _____ shoes. They are too small.
a. woman's b. women c. women's d. womens'
24. 'You look ______ when you see me. ' 'Yes. I think you are in China.''
a. to surprise b. surprising c. surprised d. surprisingly
25. He went to the party last night, _____?
a. did he b. didn't he c. doesn't he d. he didn't
C. ERROR IDENTIFICATION: Identify one underlined word or phrase that is incorrect:
1. Read the passage and make the correct choice:
The six-month-old photography club, (31) ______ comprises nineteen deaf, mute or mentally retarded children, is now having (32) ______ first exhibition in Hanoi. More than fifty colour photos are on (33) ______ at the exhibition room featuring the beauty of daily life seen through the eyes of these disabled children. The subjects are simple and peaceful: old men reading books on the sides of Hoan Kiem Lake, labourers hard at work or chickens looking (34) ______ food. The children's passion for taking pictures has stimulated them and helped them (35) ______ their sorrow.
31. a. that
32. a. its
c. a few
33. a. television
34. a. at
35. a. escape
2. Read the following passage and choose the best answer:
This is a story that Charlie Chaplin liked to tell about himself. It happened after the great actor had become internationally famous. A theatre announced that a competition would be held to see who could act like Charlie Chaplin. Those taking part in it had to dress like Chaplin, walk like Chaplin and act one of the roles in a Chaplin film.
When Charlie Chaplin heard about the competition, he decided to take part in the competition himself. Naturally, he kept his plan a secret from everybody. When the results of the competition were announced, Charlie said: " I didn't know whether to feel angry or only surprised. I didn't win the first prize. But after thinking about it, I decided that it would be best to laugh.
36. When did the story happen?
a. when Charlie Chaplin liked to tell it
b. after Charlie Chaplin had become well-known
c. before a competition was held
d. before Charlie Chaplin became famous
37. Those who took part in a competition had to do the following things except______.
a. dress like Charlie Chaplin b. walk like Charlie Chaplin
c. sing like Charlie Chaplin d. act one of the roles in a Chaplin film
38. What did Chaplin do when he took part in the competition?
a. he didn't let anybody know it b. he told everybody about it
c. he made his plan known to everyone d. he announced his secret
39. What happened in the end?
a. Chaplin felt self-confident b. Chaplin won the first prize
c. Chaplin failed in the competition d. Chaplin felt satisfied with the result
40. The word "competition" is nearest in meaning to ______.
a. examination b. contest c. test d. check-up
II. WRITING: Rewrite the following sentences:
41. He liked going to football matches when he was a boy.
He used ______________________________________________________________________.
42. She spent three days reading this novel.
It took _______________________________________________________________________.
43. Jane isn't strong enough to carry that box.
Jane is too ___________________________________________________________________.
44. Tom succeeded in the examination. It surprised everyone.
Tom succeeded in the examination, wh- ____________________________________________.
45. Last summer, I spent two weeks in Italy.
Last summer, I had a __________________________________________________________.