Bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 11: National Parks có đáp án (số 2)
Bài tập trắc nghiệm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 11
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Bài tập trắc nghiệm môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 11: National Parks có đáp án (số 2) dưới đây giúp các bạn nắm chắc phần kiến thức trọng tâm của bài 11, đồng thời là tài liệu hữu ích ôn thi học kì 2 đạt kết quả cao. Chúc các bạn thành công!
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others:
1. a. toxic b. tourist c. feature d. threaten
2. a. spend b. depend c. plant d. day
Choose the word or phrase – a, b, c, or d - that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase:
3. Of the seven people in the plane when it crashed, only one ________.
a. existed b. lived c. hurt d. survived
4. They were sent to a local _________ right after their parents death.
a. orphanage b. hospital c. park d. prison
5. Cuc Phuong National Park is ________ 160 km South West of Ha Noi.
a. lied b. established c. abandoned d. located
6. The cattle drank from a river polluted with toxic chemicals.
a. waste b. colorless c. odorless d. poisonous
7. This contamination has threatened the park and many of the animals in it.
a. dirt b. dust c. pollution d. ugliness
8. This national park is special because it has plants and animals from both tropical and temperate zones.
a. places b. regions c. parks d. classes
9. An interesting feature of this park is the orphanage where lots of orphaned or abandoned animals are taken care of.
a. immoral b. wicked c. shameless d. deserted
10. If you __________ us about the bad service, we'd have eaten there.
a. didn't tell b. wouldn't have told
c. hadn't told d. had told
Read the text carefully and choose the best answer:
In the United States and its territories alone, there are more than 40 national parks, varying considerably in landscape and mood. Each park was chosen for its unique features, representatives of a particular region of the country. Everglades national park, for example, at the southern tip of Florida, is a huge subtropical swamp, which provides refuge for such unusual reptiles as the alligator and for thousands of varieties of birds, including the graceful pink flamingo.
In sharp contrast to the Everglades are the arid, dusty parks of the west. Mesa Verde national park in Colorado, for example, preserves the ruins of an Indian civilization which flourished in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries. Today, tourists can wander through the awesome cliff dwellings that the Indians carved out of the steep rock.
* Từ vựng:
refuge: nơi ẩn trú
reptile: bò sát
alligator: cá sấu Mỹ
flamingo: hồng hạc
arid: khô cằn
swamp: đầm lầy
cliff: vách đá
flourish: thịnh vượng
11. What is the main idea of the passage?
a. The large number of nation parks
b. National parks as a wildlife refuge
c. The diversity of the national parks
d. The differences between Mesa Verde National Park and the Everglades
12. National parks in the US _________________.
a. are a lot different from each other
b. change a lot in landscape and mood
c. are made more interesting
d. are completely different from other parks in the world
13. Everglades National Park is ________________.
a. in the south of the United States
b. home to alligators and many varieties of birds
c. an area of land that is full of water
d. all are correct
14. The word “which” in line 10 refers to
a. Mesa Verde National Park
b. the ruins
15. Which of the following statements is false?
a. Every national park in the US has its special features
b. Everglades Park has a cold climate
c. The ruins of an Indian civilization are being preserved
d. Some of the dwellings in Mesa Verde are accessible only by ladder
Choose the word or phrase which best fits each gap of the passage:
Yellowstone National park, the first US national park, was (16)_____ in 1872. It is one of the largest parks. It (17)______ about 3,500 square (18)_____ or 9,065 square kilometers (19)______ north-west Wyoming and parts of Idaho and Montana.
The park has many wild animals (20)______ bears, buffalo, elk, deer, antelope coyotes and lynxes and is famous for fine scenery, hot springs and geysers. There are about seventy geysers in the park.
16. a. started b. introduced c. constructed d. established
17. a. covers b. involves c. spreads d. contains
18. a. lands b. feet c. miles d. distances
19. a. of b. in c. at d. from
20. a. adding b. including c. containing d. consisting
“...there are more than 40 national parks…”
/t/ còn lại là /d/
“Each park was chosen for its unique features, representatives of a particular region of the country.”
survive: sống sót
local orphanage: trại mồ côi tại địa phương
toxic = poisonous: độc, độc hại
establish: thành lập
contamination = pollution
zone = region
abandoned = deserted: bị bỏ rơi
Mời các bạn tiếp tục vào tham khảo tài liệu hữu ích sau đây nhằm chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho các bài học tiếp theo cũng như trước các kì thi quan trọng sắp tới.