Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh năm 2020 - 2021 số 3
Đề thi tiếng Anh học kì 2 lớp 9 có đáp án
Đề thi tiếng Anh 9 học kì 2 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 9 học kì 2 năm 2021 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề thi học kì 2 tiếng Anh 9 có đáp án được biên tập dưới nhiều dạng bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới giúp các em ôn tập tại nhà hiệu quả.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
1. A. practiced B. learned C. asked D. watched
2. A. head B. spread C. cream D. bread
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. attach B. burden C. sector D. tailor
4. A. breathtaking B. imitate C. attendance D. operate
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
5. If (A) you did more exercise (B), your muscles (C) will be (D) stronger.
6. Mr. Brown, that (A) teaches me (B) English, is coming (C) today (D).
7.Smith (A) is going to buy (B) a new Japanese (C) car, doesn’t he (D)?
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. I usually __________ my younger sisters when my parents are away on business.
A. pick up B. take care of C. look for D. take off
9. In the future, a teacher will act more like a(n) __________ than a giver of knowledge.
A. instructor B. facilitator C. speaker D. listener
10. The football match was postponed __________ the bad weather.
A. despite B. because of C. in spite of D. because
11. The new sports __________ has six tennis courts.
A. complex B. match C. stadium D. game
12. I wish I __________ to go now.
A. don’t have B. will not have C. may not have D. didn’t have
13. He admired the teacher __________ initiated building the school library.
A. why B. who C. which D. whom
14. The project __________ by tomorrow. Don’t worry.
A. will have been finished B. has finished C. has been finished D. will finished
15. Would you mind __________ me through to the manager, please?
A. putting B. to put C. put D. puts
16. Eight o’clock is __________ good time to phone Nick: he’s always at home in __________ evening.
A. x/ the B. a/ the C. a/ x D. a/ an
17. The Great Wall of China __________ thousands of years ago.
A. is built B. was built C. is building D. was building.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the blank
The United States has many different types of families. While most American families are traditional, (18) __________ a father, a mother and one or more children, 22 percent of all American families in 1998 were headed by one parent, usually a woman. In a few families in the United States, there are no children. These (19) __________ couples may believe that they would not make good parents; they may want freedom from responsibilities of childbearing; or, perhaps they (20) __________ physically able to have children. Other families in the United States have one adult (21) __________ a stepparent. A stepmother or stepfather is a person who joins a family by marrying a father or a mother.
Americans tolerate and accept these different types of families. In the United States people have right to privacy and Americans do not believe in telling other Americans what type of family group they must belong to. They respect each other’s choices regarding family groups. Families are very important (22) __________ Americans.
18. A. consisting B. including of C. consisting of D. consist of
19. A. childish B. childless C. childlike D. childhood
20. A. can’t B. weren’t C. couldn’t D. are not
21. A. is B. which has C. who is D. which is
22. A. to B. of C. in D. for
Read the text and choose the best option:
Not so long ago, people only used the telephone to make phone calls. Now, thanks to computers, people use their phones to do much more. They can bank by phone, rent videos by phone, and even shop by phone. It is also possible to send letters and reports by faxing them over telephone lines. People can even use their phone lines to send messages from one computer to another computer by electric mail, or e-mail.
But you don’t need to be at home or at the office to use the phone anymore. You can carry a cellular phone in your pocket or keep one in your car. With a cellular phone, anyone who can talk and walk can also phone and walk. You don’t have to look for a pay phone to make a call anymore. Now you can take your calls with you everywhere.
23. People didn’t use to __________
A. make phone calls only at home B. make phone calls only in the office
C. make only phone calls with the telephone D. shop by phone
24. What are advantages of having a cellular phone?
A. You can carry a cellular phone in your pocket. B. You can keep it in your car.
C. With a cellular phone, you can phone and walk. D. All A, B and C
25. With a cellular phone, you can __________
A. only carry it in your pockets B. only keep it in your car C. make a phone call everywhere you want D. talk and walk
26. The word “pay phone” means __________
A. the phone pays you B. you can phone free of charge C. you pay for the call
D. you don’t pay for the call
27. "Would you like something to eat?" " __________. I am not hungry now."
A. No, thanks B. Good idea, thanks C. Thanks, I will D. Yes, I would
28. Mr. Smith is having lunch in a restaurant. Mr. Smith: "Could you bring me some salt?” Waiter: __________.
A. No, I don’t B. I don’t wait C. Certainly, sir D. No, thanks
Rewrite the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one.
29. Lan says she’d like to have been put in a higher class.
Lan wishes ______________________________________________
30. “Let’s eat out tonight”, Minh said to me.
Minh suggested ______________________________________________
31. High technology will free women from most housework.
32. Although she loves Maths, she has decided to become an English teacher.
In spite of ____________________________________
Combine two sentences into a new one using a given words in bracket. Do not change the given words in any way.
33. The old man is working in this company . I love his daughter. (whose)
34. The book was very interesting. He read it from cover to cover. (so…..that)
35. The English course is very helpful for me. It focuses on developing communicative skills. (that)
Trên đây là Đề thi cuối kì 2 lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án năm 2021. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập tiếng Anh 9 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 9, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9, Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.