Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2016 môn Tiếng Anh trường THPT Hồng Lĩnh, Hà Tĩnh
Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2016 môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2016 môn Tiếng Anh trường THPT Hồng Lĩnh, Hà Tĩnh với nhiều dạng bài tập hay và đáp án cụ thể. Sau đây mời các em cùng thử sức nhé!
SECTION A (8 points)
Choose the answer among A, B, C, D whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others:
1. A. father B. healthy C. other D. another
2. A. washed B. matched C. intended D. walked
Choose the answer among A, B, C, D whose stress position is different from the others:
3. A. appear B. decide C. require D. cancel
4. A. eradication B. resolution C. contradiction D. similarity
5. A. reformulate B. scientific C. considerable D. exclude
Choose the answer among A, B, C, D to complete each of the sentences below:
6. The book___________ you are reading is really useful for all the exams
A. which B. who C. what D. it
7. When I passed their house, all the lights had been turned off. They_____________ to bed already.
A. must go B. should have gone C. must have gone D. need have gone
8. __________ really worn out from hard work, she managed to amuse us with a funny story.
A. Despite B. Because of C. Because D. Although
9. By this time next year, my new house___________, and we can move into it.
A. will finish B. will have been finished C. will have finished D. will be finished
10. It is no good____________ to him about the problem. He's as deaf as a pole.
A. complain B. to complain C. complaining D. complaint
11. I am wondering what____________if our ecosystem were completely destroyed?
A. will happen B. would have happened C. happened D. would happen
12. Jane: "Did you step on her foot by accident or________ purpose?" Mary: "Delibrately"
A. on B. in C. by D. through
13. My sister has just bought a___________at that shop, which is situated at the corner of Tran Phu Street.
A. pullover beautiful pink woolen B. pink beautiful woolen pullover
C. beautiful pink woolen pullover D. woolen beautiful pink pullover
14. Could you please give me a lift to work tomorrow? My motorbike is____________today.
A. out of date B. out of work C. out of mind D. out of order
15. We put his rude manner___________ignorance of the local customs .
A. down to B. up with C. up to D. off at
16. He has devoured to learn English the past months ___________getting a chance to study abroad.
A. with a view of B. with a view to C. in regard of D. on account of.
17. The more distance a star happens to be, ______________ to us.
A. it seems dimmer B. the dimmest it seems C. the dimmer it seems D. it seems dimmest.
18. The job was done____________, and we were extremely displeased.
A. incompetence B. incompetent C. competently D. incompetently
19. His change of job has___________ him with a new challenge in life.
A. presented B. introduced C. initiated D. led
20. Not until my mother got home________________that she had left the purse at the office.
A. that she realized B. she realized C. did she realize D. did she realized
21. In order to grow vegetables productively, gardeners must know______________.
A. that the requirements for each vegetable B. what the requirements for each vegetable are
C. what are each vegetables' requirements D. that is required by each vegetable
22. David: " The final exams are coming. I seem to be too nervous!"
Linda: "___________________. It will be not so hard as you've expected.
A. Be careful B. Good Luck C. Congratulations D. Take it easy
23. Son: " Why don"t we buy a new car, Dad? This one is too old to go out with my friends."
Dad: " ______________. We don't have much money."
A. It is out of the question now B. I have to think it over
C. You are right D. That's a great idea.
24. Kenny: " Your hairstyle is terrific!" - Linda: "____________"
A. It's a nice complement. Thank you. B. Not at all
B. The same to you D. Really? Congratulations!
Choose the best answer among A,B,C,D whose meaning is CLOSEST to the underlined part in each sentence below:
25. The population of the United States is roughly 240 million.
A. unfortunately B. ideally C. approximately D. usually
26. A legal combination of Delta Airlines and Air France was approved at a joint board of directors meeting.
A reconciliation B. strike C. memorandum D. merger
27. According to federal regulations, it is required that all canned and packaged food have a list of the items used in the recipe printed in the label.
A. ailments B. blandishments C. remnants D. ingredients
Choose the best answer among A,B,C,D whose meaning is OPPOSITE to the underlined part in each sentence below:
28. We didn't plan to meet each other. We just met accidently.
A. intentionally B. simultaneously C. hurriedly D. coincidently
29. The smell of the fish put me off the meal.
A. interested me B. made me unable to eat the meal
C. made me want to eat the meal a lot D. made me feel hungry
Choose the answer among A,B,C,D whose underlined part needs correcting to make sentences below complete:
30. Jim was upset last night because he had to do too many homeworks.
A B C D
31. The professor told him to write a short but it must be comprehensive paper about the experiment.
A B C D
32. This table is not sturdy enough to support a television, and that one probably isn't neither.
A B C D
33. Lectures for the week of March 22-26 will include the following: The Causes of the Civil
A B C
War, The Economy of the South, Battle Strategies, and Assassinating Lincoln.
34. In 1975, according to the National Center for Health Statistics, the average life expectancy for
people born during that year is 72.4 years.
B C D
Read the passage and choose the best answer among A,B,C,D for each gap to complete it.
Most people feel that when they dream, they are (35)________ off to another world. On the (36)________, dreams are often connected to our daily lives. When our whole (37)_________ is filled with something, when we are either very upset (38)________ when we are in good spirit, a dream will represent this reality in symbols. It is often (49)_______ that we benefit from dreams because they help the spirit to heal itself when things (40)__________ wrong. Dreams are therefore a kind of escape, almost a holiday from (41)__________ life, with its fears and responsibilities. It is, however, a strange kind of holiday because whether we have a wonderful time or whether it turns (42)_________ to be a nightmare, we quickly forget it. Most dreams disappear forever, (43)_________ you are one of those people disciplined enough to write them down as soon as you (44)_________.
35. A. taken B. guided C. brought D. carried
36. A. contrast B. contrary C. other side D. opposite
37. A. spirit B. mind C. brain D. soul
38. A. unless B. but also C. or else D. or
39. A. said B. spoken C. declared D. started
40. A. become B. go C. turn D. get
41. A. real B. factual C. genuine D. actual
42. A. off B. up C. out D. down
43. A. except that B. therefore C. thus D. unless
44. A. wake up B. arise C. awake D. rise up