Find the word which has a different sound in the part underlined.
Choose the correct option A, B, C or D to complete the sentences.
1. Halley _______ that Mercury was so far away that its parallax angle would be very difficult to determine.
2. Our home planet, Earth, resides in a glittering city of stars ______ the Milky Way galaxy.
3.All the astronauts _______ the earth in space capsules are weightless.
4. I was shocked _________ the news of the crashed plane.
5. Often a team of engineers are________.
6. A vacuum will neither conduct heat nor _________ .
7. ___________thought was given, but all was not approved.
8. Green and magenta are complementary colours located opposite each other on the colour wheel, __________
9. Double-stars orbit ___________.
10. ____________ is a person who searches for valuable minerals.