Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 8 Tourism
Revise English 9 Unit 8: Tourism
Đề ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới Unit 8 dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit năm học 2018 - 2019 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề luyện tập Tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh khác nhau giúp học sinh lớp 9 ôn tập Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh trọng tâm trong bài 9.
I. Choose the best answer.
1. You can learn a lot about the local_______by talking to local people.
A. territory B. area C. land D. nation
2. It’s good to have someone to_______you when you are visiting a new place.
A. lead B. take C. guide D. bring
3. When you_______your destination, your tour guide will meet you at the airport.
A. arrive B. reach C. get D. achieve
4. It can be quite busy here during the tourist_______.
A. season B. phase C. period D. stage
5. Make sure you_______a hotel before you come to our island, especially in the summer.
A. book B. keep C. put D. buy
6. Captain Cook discovered Australia on a_______to the Pacific.
A. vacation B. travel C. cruise D. voyage
7. Most tourist attractions in London charge an admission________.
A. fare B. ticket C. fee D. pay
8. The hotel where we are_______is quite luxurious.
A. living B. existing C. remaining D. staying
II. Fill in from the box.
1. It’s easy to use the_________. Enter the code for the item you want, then insert coins equaling the price shown.
2. After the explosion, the guards at the temple have to keep a sharp________for anything suspicious.
3. I’m not going to buy anything – I haven’t got any cash on me anyway. But it’s fun to do some____________!
4. For Halloween, we decorated jack-o’-lanterns and hung up pictures of witches riding______________.
5. After a long holiday at the seaside, I’ve got a great____________!
6. The terraced rice fields in Ha Giang attract a large number of____________when haverst season comes.
III. Kết hợp những từ sau thành danh từ ghép rồi điền vào chỗ trống.
1. We got something to eat from an Indian__________on the way to the hotel.
2. The suddenness of the__________had caught the tourists by surprise.
3. The__________near the bus stop saw the accident.
4. We enjoyed the sight of children gathering__________on the beach.
5. You can’t just go through the__________without paying!
6. In comparison with the exotic pictures in the brochure, the resort was a real__________.
IV. Insert a, an, the in each gap.
Egypt, (1)_____most populous country in the Arab world is home to one of (2)_____world’s oldest cultures. Modern day Egypt is descended from (3)_____ancient civilization that emerged in the 10th millennium BC. (4)_____stunning, colossal monuments of Ancient Egypt never fail to astonish. (5)_____romantic cruise along the Nile. (6)_____world’s longest river – dazzles the senses. Giza Plateau is Ancient Egypt’s most famous, fascinating, and mysterious archaeological site for people to explore. No other place has (7)_____magic, mystery, and pleasures of Egypt. Travel to Egypt and you will discover (8)_____world of wonder.
V. Fill in each blank to complete the sentences.
1.We prefer to go by train, even though the car__________is a lot quicker.
2. The__________of Flight 382 from Moscow has been delayed by one hour.
3. I’ve always wanted to be a travel photographer and take pictures of__________.
4. Passengers requiring a special meal during the flight should inform the airline_________.
5. We had plenty of time so we__________the scenic route.
6. Travelling to a foreign country really does__________your horizons.
7. Now, class, I’d like you all to write a__________of your last holiday.
8. Once we got to the station, I quickly looked through the__________to see when the next train was.
VI. Word form
Welcome to wonderful Dana Tours! Come to us and you are sure to find the (1. WIDE)__________range of holidays! You can pamper yourself at the five-star Vinland Hotel in a well-(2. KNOW)__________seaside resort, where the facilities are second to none. If you prefer a more active holiday, you can cruise around the island in a canoe, go diving to see the (3. WONDER)__________coral reef, or go trekking to admire the spectacular scenery. (ALTERNATIVE)__________, you might prefer to take a self-catering apartment in one of the (5.PICTURE)__________fishing villages. There you can sample the authentic local cuisine, with its famous seafood (6. SPECIAL)__________and choose from a variety of excursions to places of cultural and (7.ARCHAEOLOGY)__________interest. Our prices are inclusive of all flights and (8.ACCOMMODATE)__________, and represent excellent value. Book now, before it’s too late!
Thomas Cook (1908-1892) is widely considered to be the father of modern mass tourism. He organized the first package (1)__________in history. He arranged for the Midland Counties Railway to charge one shilling per person for a group of campaigners travelling (2)__________ Leicester to a rally in Loughborough, eleven miles away. Cook was paid a share of the fares charged to the passengers, as the railway tickets couldn’t (3)__________issued at his own price. There (4)__________been railway excursions before, but this one included entrance to an entertainment held on private grounds, rail tickets, and food during the train (5)__________. Cook immediately saw the potential of a convenient ‘off-the-peg’ holiday product in which everything was (6)__________in one cost. Afterwards he pioneered (7)__________holidays both in Britain and on the European continent. He founded the (8)__________agency Thomas Cook & Son, which became Thomas Cook AG before eventually becoming Thomas Cook Group in 2007.
VIII. Rewrite sentences without changing meaning of the original ones.
1. You spent more money during the trip than I did.
=> I didn’t________________________________
2. Have you ever been to Kuala Lumpur before?
=> Is this your_____________________________
3. China is a huge tourist attraction: it has many old castles and pagodas.
=> As China_______________________________
4. I found this place rather boring.
=> I wasn’t________________________________
5. We last went to Spain three years ago.
=> It is___________________________________
6. We visited a magnificent old house on the plateau.
7. We arrived in Budapest two days ago. (FOR)
=> We____________________________two days.
8. I have visited the Stone Forest once before. (SECOND)
=> This is the_____________________the Stone Forest.
9. I find it hard to go at the same speed as my brother. (UP)
=> I find it hard to______________________my brother.
10. Dzung is very fond of travelling. (KEEN)
=> Dzung is________________________________.
11. We drove away as fast as we could. (FULL)
=> We drove away___________________________.
12. We went towards the old house. (DIRECTION)
=> We went_______________________the old house.
13. The information I got from the travel agent was very confusing and I didn’t know what was going on. (GAVE)
=> The travel agent___________________________ and I didn’t know what was going on.
Mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung đề thi tại đây: Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 8 Tourism. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 9, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9, Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9,... Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.