Giải bài tập SBT Test yourself 2 Tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới
Giải bài tập SBT Test yourself 2 Tiếng Anh lớp 9
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Giải bài tập SBT Test yourself 2 Tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây nhằm đem đến cho các bạn nguồn tài liệu học tập hữu ích giúp các bạn nâng cao hiệu quả học tập. Sau đây mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
Test Yourself 2 - Kiểm tra cá nhân 2 - trang 56 - Sách bài tập (SBT) tiếng Anh 9 mới
1. Match the sentences (1-10) with the sentences that have roughly the same meaning (A-J). Underline all the words that are stressed in the sentences (1-10). (2 p).
Nối các câu 1-10 với nghĩa tương ứng A-J. Gạch dưới các từ nhấn mạnh trong câu 1-10.
Who do you take after?
He's the man you should consult.
You should take out 'quality'.
I really hope you have a good time.
This is the man you have to talk to.
Be careful, boy!
You mustn't smoke in here.
Don't forget to clean it!
I didn't email him.
Who do you resemble?
I do hope you enjoy yourself.
Don't keep holding that!
She has finished the essay, but I haven't.
I only sent him a text message.
Put that down!
The word 'quality’ should be omitted.
Remember to wash it!
I am worrying about the essay.
Watch out, boy!
You are not allowed to smoke in here.
Key - Đáp án:
1. E 2. H 3. A 4. J 5. G 6. B
7. I 8. F 9. D 10. C
1. Who, take, after 2. take, quality 3. the, man, talk, to
4. mustn't, smoke, here 5. didn't, email 6. do, hope, enjoy
7. finished, essay, haven't 8. Put, that, down 9. Remember, to, wash, it
2. Choose the most appropriate answer A, B, C, or D. (1 p).
Chọn đáp án thích hợp.
1. It is important to____the wonders of the world so that future generations can see them their own eyes.
A. destroy B. ignore C. remain D preserve
2. You don't have to go to a supermarket for that. Just wait for a street___________ to go past, and buy.
A. person B. vendor C. supplier D. purchaser
3. Production methods in the village are normally_________ from ancestors to the younger generation.
A. passed away B. passed out C. passed up D. passed down
4. It is important to decide if promotion should be based on merit or___________ .
A. gender B. year C. seniority D. weight
5. It's a great experience to be sitting comfortably in a______ streets.
A. bicycle B. rickshaw C. car D. train
6. Working in a place full of hustle and bustle like this, I can’t help missing my tranquil and _______village.
A. picturesque B. modern C. loud D. ugly
7. The scenery is______ when viewed from the mountain top. It feels like your breath is being taken
A. nice B. good C. spectacular D. peaceful
8. _________by the sea, the country has the advantage of having a large coastal area.
A. Situating B. Located C. Locating D. Stood
9. I love it when we go to see plays, and try to_________ when we get back home.
A. play B. role-play C. act them out D. act
10. It is hard for people of different_________ to get along in an extended family.
A. generations B. genders C blood D. families
Key - Đáp án
1. D 2. B 3. D 4. C 5. B
6. A 7. C 8. B 9. C 10. A
3. Choose the underlined word/phrase which is incorrect. (1 p)
Chọn từ bị sai để sửa.
Key - Đáp án:
1. A 2. D 3. A 4. B
5. A 6. D 7. C 8. D 9. A 10. C
4. Put an appropriate word in each gap in the following passage. (2 p)
Điền từ thích hợp vào chỗ trống.
I still remember how we celebrated Tet when I was small. We used to live in an (1)______family, with ourgrand parents and our uncle's family.
Our family (2)________ to make banh chung Tet came. It was a busy, but wonderful, time for all of you. My aunt used to be the one to clean dong leaves, the (3)______we used to wrap the cakes with. My uncle was the one to get water from the well for (4)________ to do the cleaning. My mom was always (5)______for the preparation of the filling, which was made of green beans, and pork flavoured with onion and pepper. Normally, my grandfather did the wrapping, and we sat around watching him do it excitedly. We (6)______ also happy to be asked to fetch anything my grandpa needed. When the night fell, we started boiling the cakes, which (7)___________ about eight hours. It was hard to wait so long for them! We stayed up (8)_______________ the night, grilling sweet potatoes, listening to our grandpa's (9)_______, and playing chess or cards. Now we have grown up, and are often too busy to make banh chung. But it remains a really sweet (10) _____ for us all.
Key - Đáp án:
1. extended 2. used 3. leaves 4. her 5. responsible
6. were 7. took 8. throughout 9. stories 10. memory
5. Read the passage and decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
Welcome to Thung Nham, the Ecotourism Bird Garden!
This area is in Ninh Hai commune, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh, north Viet Nam. Come, and you can enjoy a forty-minute boat-ride on the river from Tam Coc, Bich Dong, to the small picturesque valley where the Bird Garden is located. The experience of floating past mangroves and water caves to the astoundingly vast garden will definitely bring you a feeling of deep satisfaction. The Bird Garden boasts forty-six varieties of bird, forty thousand specimens, and five thousand nests. Come and experience the beauty of the Buddha Cave, which is five-hundred metres long, seventy metres at its widest point, and thirty metres at its highest point. Exploring the cave, you will be deeply impressed by the images, especially the image of Buddha sitting by the underground river bringing good luck to visitors. And don't forget to climb up to Vai Gioi Cave, which is spectacularly located on a hill top, eighty-eight metres above the ground.The cave covers up to five thousand square metres, and includes three levels representing Hell, Earth, and Heaven.
1. The area can be accessed by boat.
2. On the way to the valley, visitors can enjoy the beauty of the mangroves and water caves.
3. The Bird Garden is very small and boring, with only a few different types of birds.
4. The Buddha image shows the Buddha standing and giving luck to visitors.
5. Vai Gioi Cave seems to have a sacred meaning for the people of the area.
Key - Đáp án:
1. T 2. T 3. F 4. F 5.T
6. Read the passage about Chu Van An High School in Ha Noi, and answer the questions about it (1p).
Đọc đoạn văn sau về trường trung học Chu Văn An Hà Nội và trả lời các câu hỏi.
Chu Van An High School is one of the oldest and most prestigious state schools in Viet Nam Established in 1908 by the French, the school was located beside the West Lake, and was origir named after the location it was in. It is a very pleasant, spacious school with great views of the lake 1 the classroom windows.
In 1943, the school was moved to Ninh Binh, and was not moved back to Ha Noi until 1945. In year, the school was renamed Chu Van An, after a famous Vietnamese Confucianism teacher of the Tran Dynasty. Professor Nguyen Gia Tuong became the first Vietnamese principal of the school. Many famous people like ex-Prime Minister Pham Van Dong, Doctor Ton That Ti and poet Xuan Dieu used to be the school's students.
Today the school is still located in the same area, and hi maintained its prestige, as well as its reputation as one the top schools in Ha Noi. It is very difficult to be admr to the school. Every year, there are around three thou applicants but only about five hundred are admitted applicants have to take an entrance examination conducted by the Department of Education and Training of Ha Noi.