Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Unit 8: Out and about - Lesson 3
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Unit 8: Out and about - Lesson 3 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 6 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to understand the main ideas and details of a picture story about a truck driver and to talk about actions happening at the moment with present progressive
- Present progressive positive statements with “I/ She/ he ”
-“WH - question” with she / he / they .
Skills: Speaking, writing, reading and listening.
Ps Ss have great passion for studying
B. TEACHING AIDS.
Lesson plan, English book visual aids, projector, laptop, speaker..
C. METHODS: T/ WhC, pair, group, individual work
II. Warmer (5’)
III. New lesson
Step 1. Pre-reading (13’)
truck driver (n) người lái xe tải
- load (v): chất hàng, xếp hàng
- unload (v): bốc hàng, dỡ -
- farmer (n): nông dân
- foodstall (n): cửa hàng tạp
Introduces the words by explaining the meaning, using the situation.
- Reads the words for the modal (3 times). Then helps SS to repeat (2 time ).
- Checks S’s reading in individual & corrects the mistakes.
- Writes the words on the Bb & checks the meaning by matching the words to the meaning & the pronunciation.
- Corrects & asks Ss to copy the words
- Set the scence: Mr Quang is a truck driver. Here is his daily work. Please guess the order of these activities before you reading
- T hangs the poster with 6 phrase words on it
- Ss work invidual to give their guess
- T asks ss to compare with each other
- T takes some students’ prediction
- T give feed back
1. going to Hanoi.
2. Meeting the farmer.
3. Having breakfast
4. Going to a farm
5. Loading vegetable in the truck
6. Unloading the truck
Step 2. While-reading (15’)
Presentation text: B1 – P86.
- Introduces & Helps Ss to read the story about the truck driver & get the details.
- Asks Ss to give the main idea of the letter.
- Asks Ss to check their ordering.
- Corrects comments.
Ask students to work in open pairs and then close pairs to practice asking and answering the questions
a. What does Mr. Quang do?
b. Where is he going at 5.am?
c. Who is waiting for him ?
d. Where is he taking vegetables?
e. What is he doing at 7.00?
f. Where is he eating?
. Step 3 : Production (8’)
- Ask students to work in pairs to practice asking and answering. One student plays the role of Lan and another plays the role of Ba.
- Give feedback and correct (their pronunciation/ intonation).
- Ask them to work in pairs to practice the dialogue.
- Take some note about the present progressive tense
- Repeating the words in chorus & in individual.
- Giving the meaning by matching & the pronunciation & Correcting the mistakes.
- Copying the words.
Working in groups to guess the order of these statements.
- Comparing their ordering.
- Giving their ordering.
- Reading story & get the details.
- Giving the main idea of the letter.
- Checking the ordering.
- Working in pairs
- Giving the answer keys.
- Correcting the answer keys
a. He is a truck driver.
b. He is going to a farm.
c. A farmer is waiting for him.
d. He’s taking vegetables at the farm
e. He is eating his breakfast.
f. He’s eating at the foodstall
- IV. Summary(1)
- Reading a picture story about a truck driver
- Present progressive.
- V. Homework(1’)
- Write the answers for the questions (A2 on page 87) in the exercise book.