Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Unit 10: Staying healthy - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Unit 10: Staying healthy - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 6 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to talk about how we feel using adjectives of physical state.
Skills: speaking and listening
B. TEACHING AIDS.
Lesson plan, English book visual aids, projector, laptop, speaker..
C. METHODS: T/ WhC, pair, group, individual work
II. Revision. (4’)
Asks Ss to work in pairs, take it in turn to point at the different picture on page 104-105 & ask and answer. Using the exchange:
S1: What’s this color?
S2: It’s green.
Corrects & comments.
III. New lesson:
Step 1: Presentation (12’).
- hungry (adj): đói
- thirsty (adj): khát
- full (adj): no
- hot (adj): nóng
- cold (adj): lạnh
- tired (adj): mệt
- to feel: cảm thấy
Check voc : Matching
- Presents the words & the meaning into two column then asks Ss to work in individual to match the word to its meaning.
- Corrects & comments.
- Set the scence: Phuong has come back from school. She is talking with her mother now.
- T. reads out the dialogue and writes a few key words on the board to help sts remember what the two speakers in the dialogue say to each other.
- Sts reproduce the dialogue from these board cues until it is memorized.
- Sts practice the whole thing in open pairs then in close pairs.
Step 2: Practice (15’)
*Word cue drill
- Run through all word cues
- T. models => sts repeat
- Teacher – Whole class.
- Open pairs => Close pairs.
S1: How does she/ he feel?
S2: She /He feels thirsty .
- Introduces the example exchange & Helps Ss to practice.
- Reads the first model for example & asks Ss to repeat in chorus & in individual.
- Asks Ss to make sentences for the next.
- Practices with Ss & checks S’s practicing in groups & in pairs.
- Corrects S’s pronunciation & comments.
- You are going to listen about Phuong, Nhan, Ba and Huong. Listen and match the names with the pictures.
- Ss listen twice and match the right names with the pictures.
- Give feedback.
Step 3 : Production (8’)
- T. elicits 5 words from sts. E.g: a student, a class, a school, a teacher, a desk.
- T. asks sts to chose one of them and write it down on a piece of paper and keep it secrete.
- T. calls one st to the front of the class and the other sts must ask questions to guess the word. The st who guesses correctly is the next one up.
E.g: Are you thirty?
No, I am not. / Yes, I am.
- Listening to the words.
- Repeating the words in chorus & in individual.
- Correcting the mistakes.
- Giving the meaning & the pronunciation.
-Copying the words.
Working in individual to match.
S1: How does he/she feel?
S2: He/she is [ hungry].
S1: How do they feel?
S2: They are [ hungry].
- Repeating in chorus & in individual.
- Making sentences for the next cues.
- Practicing in groups & in pairs.
- Correcting the pronunciation
Ba: f Hương: d
IV. Summary. (2 mins)
- Talking about how we feel using
- Adjectives of physical state.
V. Homework .(2 mins)
- Do exercise 1 P.87(textbook)
- Do exercise A1 P.87 (workbook)