Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 trường THCS Châu Đức, Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
Đề kiểm tra cuối năm môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Với kỳ vọng của cha mẹ, thầy cô, bạn bè trong kì thi học kỳ 2 khiến các em gặp rất nhiều áp lực. Hiểu được điều đó, chúng tôi đã tuyển chọn Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 trường THCS Châu Đức, Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án giúp các em tham khảo, ôn tập dễ dàng hơn. Hi vọng đây sẽ là tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích cho các em học sinh và quý thầy cô giáo.
I. Listen. Are these statements true or false? Write True (T) or False (F) (2 pts).
1. Becky: A. She wants to buy a cheap stereo. ______
B. She wants a large sofa. ______
2. Paul: A. He wants to find a bigger bookshelf. ______
B. He wants to find a cheaper dinner table. ______
3. Sarah: A. She doesn't have very many books yet. ______
B. She has enough money to buy a stereo. ______
4. Sam: A. He's waiting for the new TV models. ______
B. He bought a dinner table last week. ______
II. Circle the words or phrases that make these sentences meaningful (2.5 pts).
1. I have taken part ______ free running since I was 15.
A. at B. on C. in D. of
2. Andi Bell has won the world memory championships three times and he is famous all ______ the world.
A. on B. in C. at D. over
3. When did you last ride a bike?
A. What time is it since you ride a bike? B. How long is it since you last rode a bike?
C. How much time did you ride a bike? D. How often did you ride a bike?
4. I'm looking for a job as a secretary.
A. I'm looking for someone who works as a secretary.
B. I'm trying to find a job as a secretary.
C. A secretary is looking for a job as my job.
D. I was offered a job as a secretary.
5. ______ have you known your best friend, Nam? – I've known him for two years.
A. When B. What year C. How long D. How
6. I forgot to enclose the ______ vitae with my application form.
A. curriculum B. résumé C. background D. summary
7. It was impossible _____ his room. The door was locked.
A. to enter B. entering C. to be entered D. entered
9. Her hair, _____ has been cut, now looks like boy's hair.
A. that B. whose C. who D. which
10. A: - "I'm sorry about the noise." B: "..............................."
A. That's right. B. Of course. C. It's OK. D. You're welcome.
III. Circle the best answer (A, B, C or D) to complete the passage (1.25 pts).
London has a (1) _____ of about 7 million. It lies on the Thames River, where the Romans landed nearly 200 years ago. (2) ______ about 1,800 until World War II, London was the biggest city in the world, but now there are many cities which are much bigger.
London is famous (3) ______ many things. Tourists come from all over the world to visit its historic buildings, such as St. Paul's Cathedral, which has a huge dome, and the Houses of Parliament,
where you can see and hear the famous clock, Big Ben. They also come to visit its theatres, its museums, and its many shops, such as Harrods, (4) ______ you can buy anything.
(5) _____ many big cities, London has problems with traffic and pollution. Over one million use the London Underground a day, but there are still too many cars on the streets.
1. A. residents B. people C. population D. crowd
2. A. From B. Since C. For D. In
3. A. with B. of C. at D. for
4. A. that B. which C. where D. when
5. A. Alike B. Similar C. Same D. Like
IV. Read the article below.
Country music is one of the most popular kinds of music in the United States today. Maybe country music is very popular because it is about simple but strong human feelings and events like love, sadness, good times and bad times. It tells real-life stories and sounds the way people really talk. As life becomes more complicated and difficult, it is good to hear about simple ordinary people.
Country music is sometimes called country-western music. It comes from two kinds of music. One is the traditional music of the people in the Appalachian Mountains in the eastern of the United States. The other is traditional, cowboy music from the American West. The singers usually play guitars when they sing.
Country music became very popular in the South. During World War II, thousands of people from the South moved to the Northeast and the Midwest to work in factories. They took their music with them. Soldiers from the rest of the country went to army camps in the South and learned to enjoy country music there. Slowly, it became popular all over the United States.
Circle the best answer to each question (1.25 pts).
1. Country music is very popular because ______
A. it is about events like love, sadness. B. it is about strong human feelings.
C. it tells about good times, bad times. D. All are correct.
2. Country music is ______
A. from two kinds of music which haven't been widely known.
B. sometimes called country-western music.
C. considered as the cowboy music from the American West.
D. the traditional music of the people in the eastern of the United States.
3. According to the passage, it is true to say that _____
A. country music is a kind of complicated and and difficult music.
B. country music is very close to people's real lives.
C. only good singers can sing country music.
D. we cannot sing country music if we don't know how to play the guitar.
4. According to the passage, it is NOT true to say that _____
A. country music was brought from the South by soldiers.
B. country music gradually became popular all over the United States.
C. country music became very popular in the South.
D. factory workers took country music with them from the South.
5. The best tittle for the passage is _____ .
A. Music in the United States B. The Formation of Country Music
C. Country Music D. The Benefits of Country Music.
V. Do as directed in parentheses (1.5 pts).
1. She/ doesn't know/ how/ use/ computers/ ,/ so/ she/ doesn't/ apply/ job. (Use the cue words to write a meaningful sentence)
2. They will have to answer the question again. (Rewrite the sentence beginning with the cues).
The question ________________________________________________________________________
3. Paris is an exciting city. It is the capital of France. (Rewrite the sentence using relative pronouns)
4. Do you think that it is good or bad to eat fast food? Why or Why not? Write a passage of about 50 words to answer these questions (1.5 pts).
The end. Good luck!