Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 năm 2020
Đề luyện thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cấp tỉnh
Đề thi thử HSG lớp 11 môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án nằm trong bộ đề bồi dưỡng học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 năm học 2020 - 2021 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra Tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập Tiếng Anh nâng cao 11 khác nhau giúp học sinh lớp 11 ôn tập kiến thức đã học hiệu quả và đạt điểm cao trong kì thi sắp tới.
Part 1: Circle the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others in each group. Circle A, B, C or D to indicate your answer. (5 pts)
|1. A. arrow||B. loud||C. moldy||D. poultry|
|2. A. basilisk||B. bison||C. basic||D. basin|
|3. A. subtlety||B. indebtedness||C. bombard||D. combing|
|4. A. benevolent||B. content||C. molecules||D. technique|
|5. A. conscience||B. bronchitis||C. shuttle||D. chauffeur|
Part 2: Choose the word whose syllable is stressed differently from that of the others in each line. Circle A, B, C or D to indicate your answer. (5 pts)
|6. A. comic||B. clementine||C. climax||D. thermonuclear|
|7. A. characterize||B. absence||C. datum||D. charcoal|
|8. A. solicitor||B. separately||C. spacious||D. sequence|
|9. A. solicitor||B. separately||C. spacious||D. sequence|
|10. A. parachute||B. armchair||C. accent||D. accidentally|
II. LEXICO – GRAMMAR
Part 1: Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence. Circle A, B, C or D to indicate your answer. (20 pts)
11. Assembly lines are useful for producing a large _____ of identical products.
A. quality B. quantity C. quandary D. qualification
12. Only the _____ of the building is going to be remodeled.
A. insides B. interior C. indoors D. inner
13. Whether the sports club survives is a matter of complete _____ to me.
A. indifference B. disinterest C. importance D. interest
14. After years of neglect there was a huge _____ program to return the city to its former glory.
A. restoration B. preservation C. conservation D. refurbishment
15. The assistant suggested _____ the next day when the manager would be there.
A. we are coming back B. to come back
C. we will come back D. we came back
16. I never get a _____ of sleep after watching a horror film.
A. wink B. blink C. night D. ounce
17. As it was Christmas, the _____ at church was much larger than usual.
A. audience B. convention C. congregation D. grouping
18. The sheep were huddled into a _____ to protect them from overnight frosts.
A. cage B. kennel C. hutch D. pen
19. The jury _____ the defendant “not guilty”.
A. gave B. returned C. subscribed D. found
20. Many _____ crafts such as weaving are now being revived.
A. customary B. habitual C. traditional D. ordinary
21. He managed to finish his thesis under the _____ of his tutor.
A. guidance B. help C. aid D. assistance
22. Mr. Henry was given a medal in _____ of his service to his country.
A. gratitude B. knowledge C. recognition D. response
23. Everyone knows about pollution problems, but not many people have _____ any solutions.
A. thought over B. come up with C. looked into D. got round to
24. You _____ as well seek for a fish in the tree as try to do that.
A. must B. would C. should D. might
25. _____ calculations have shown that the earth’s resources may run out before the end of the next century.
A. Raw B. Rude C. Crude D. Blunt
26. By the time you receive this letter, I _____ for China.
A. will have left B. have left C. would have left D. will leave
27. Prizes are awarded _____ the number of points scored.
A. resulting from B. adding up C. presented to D. according to
28. The needs of gifted children in schools have long been _____ neglected.
A. dolefully B. woefully C. idly D. pathetically
29. I must take this watch to be repaired; it _____ over 20 minutes a day.
A. increases B. gains C. accelerates D. progresses
30. It had been a trying afternoon, _____ at about six o’clock in the television breaking down.
A. culminating B. leading C. arriving D. finalizing
Part 2: Write the correct FORM of each bracketed word in the numbered space provided in the column on the right. (0) has been done as an example. (10 pts)
According to some (0) _____ (SCIENCE), high-risk sports can be particularly (31) _____ (VALUE) for certain types of people. Such activities help them to learn that being (32) _____ (FRIGHT) doesn’t mean that they have to lose control. The recent fashion for jumping from bridges attached to a (33) _____ (LONG) of elastic rope, known as “bungee jumping”, has now been tried by over one million people (34) _____ (WORLD) and interest in it is continuing to grow.
Before the special elastic rope (35) _____ (TIGHT) around them, jumpers reach speeds of nearly 160kph. First-timers are usually too (36) _____ (TERROR) to open their mouths, and when they are finally (37) _____ (LOW) safely to the ground, they walk around with broad smiles on their faces, saying (38) _____ (REPEAT) how amazing it was. However, for some people, it is only the (39) _____ (EMBARRASS) of refusing to jump at the last minute that finally persuades them to conquer their fear of (40) _____ (HIGH) and push themselves off into space.
Còn tiếp ...
Mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung đề thi và đáp án tại đây: Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 số 11. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com đã cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,.. Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 11 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 11 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.