Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9 Choosing a career
Bài tập Unit 9 lớp 12 Choosing a career có đáp án
Bài tập tiếng Anh 12 Unit 9 Choosing a career có đáp án nằm trọng bộ bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 chương trình mới theo từng Unit do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra Unit 9 Choosing a career lớp 12 có đáp án tổng hợp những dạng bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 chương trình mới khác nhau giúp các em nâng cao kỹ năng tiếng Anh cơ bản.
Give the correct form of the word.
1. We hope this guide helps you to _________ a desirable career path after high school. PURSUIT
2. There are many pathways from school that can lead to a _______ career. REWARD
3. High school ______ may be deciding whether they should enter the workforce or go to college. GRADUATION
4. Get an English-speaking friend to check it for you, or you can find some useful phrases from _________ job websites. DIFFERENCE
5. Look for job ________ in the local newspaper and log on to some job websites. VACANCY
Find the one choice that best completes the sentence.
1. You shouldn't stay at home so much. Get ____ and make new friends.
2. A fruit that is fully-ripe is an example of a fruit that has reached ____.
3. His teenage daughter is driving him crazy. He can't ____ her moods, her music, and her constant demand for money.
A. keep up with
B. go on with
C. put up with
D. put up to
4. It'll take me three years to ____ up enough money to travel round the country.
5. As soon as she came ____ after the operation, she asked for a drink of water.
6. Bary has come ____ some good suggestions for raising the money we need.
B. up with
C. round to
D. across with
7. You must walk slowly if you want the children to ____ with.
А. keep up
B. go on
C. keep on
D. come up
8. LinkedIn, a social media, is a great way to ____ your skills and experience.
9. I ____ everything in my bag three times but my keys were nowhere to be found.
A. went out
B. went over
C. looked for
D. looked at
10. Can you remember what to do, or do you want me to go ____ it again?
Fill in each blank with ONE suitable word.
Today, it is not easy to choose a career. Hundreds of students pass various examinations every year and compete (1) __________ one another for positions in the various professions which are not so many as there are applicants. I would, however, like to choose teaching as my (2) _________.
Teaching is an interesting career for several reasons. As a teacher I can learn many things, especially if I teach to an udder-secondary school. If I teach History or English, for (3) _________, I have to read many books to make my teaching lessons more interesting to my pupils. Thus, I can acquire more knowledge of the subjects that I teach than (4) __________ I can learn from the class text books. It is indeed a fact that a teacher learns a lot from the class text books; but that is hardly (5) __________ to make the teacher's lessons interesting to pupils. A good teacher must therefore read many other (6) ________.
Again, as a teacher, I have to speak well so that my pupils will be able to understand my instructions well. In this way I can (7) _________ my powers of expression. Even my pronunciation of words will improve to great extent.
Further, as a teacher, I shall have enough leisure to read and prepare for various examinations. It is possible today to sit (8) __________ many important examinations by studying entirely at home. Thus, I can acquire important qualifications.
Finally, as a teacher I will be respected (9) _________ an educated person. People will assume that I have certain qualifications and show their regard for me and the opinions that I express. Thus, I shall be (10) ___________ to live a happy.
Rewrite the following sentences so that the second ones have the same meaning as the given sentence.
1. "Are you going out tonight or not?" asked her dad.
Her dad asked _________________________________
2. You must have this fridge fixed, some water is leaking out of it.
This fridge _________________________________
3. Although Lana was disabled, she could do almost anything.
4. "I'm sorry that I couldn't come to your graduation party." said Randall's mother.
Randall's mother _________________________________
5. After graduating from high school, John continued to study at the local university.
Download Đề thi & Đáp án tại: Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh 12 Unit 9 Choosing a career có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 12 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 12 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.